GREATEST THING ABOUT TCU'S WIN!

blesseddaily

One of the best thing about TCU's big win over Wisconson was that over 90% of the kids on their roster are from right here in good old Texas!!! Great job of recruiting by the Horn Frog staff to find the talent that others overlook right here in Tx...maybe thats the reson UT bombed out this year...too many foreigners!!! Congrats to the the big three from Maud

...so proud of you guys for hangin in there and making your grades when a lot of doubters were saying you would never make it!!!

That right TCU took class 1 and 2A athletics. Whereas UT over recruited. They tried to make soph. verbally commit and if they didn't would ask again. Also lots of players were late bloomers and developed as juniors and seniors.

One of the best thing about TCU's big win over Wisconson was that over 90% of the kids on their roster are from right here in good old Texas!!! Great job of recruiting by the Horn Frog staff to find the talent that others overlook right here in Tx...maybe thats the reson UT bombed out this year...too many foreigners!!! Congrats to the the big three from Maud

...so proud of you guys for hangin in there and making your grades when a lot of doubters were saying you would never make it!!!

Don't forget Antonio Graves of Pleasant Grove fame

Did any of the Maud guys get to make the trip? I did not watch much tcu football this year so I did not know if they were on the traveling squad or not.

Did any of the Maud guys get to make the trip? I did not watch much tcu football this year so I did not know if they were on the traveling squad or not.

Yes, they suited up all year...they all were red shirted last year and James Dunbar was second string offensive lineman this year and got to play quite a bit...they all should contgribute quite a bit next year...the best thing is that all three are passing and doing well in the classroom!!

When you say foreigners, you mean not east texas right?? Every year Texas may have 1 to 3 kids commit that arent from the state of Texas. Im not a Texas homer, TCU is and has been my favorite, but just letting ya know. :thumbsup:

LOL....only in Texas!

One thing about it is, if you look at rivals, Texas is always loaded with 4 and 5 star talent. They seem to overlook the 3 star talent which is what TCU's recruiting class is always filled with. The Horn Frogs turn that 3 star talent into stars and all americans in College. They also recruit Players who fit there system. Texas does to, but sometimes you have to wonder if Texas just recruits some to keep them from being on another team.. and i mean ones who end up becoming wasted talent.

Oh I wasn't putting down TCU or Texas. They both do fine with their recruits. I was refferening to the fact that some folks in Texas consider folks from other states "foreigners."....I thought that was amusing.

Me and my ex one time went to see the original home that inspired Tera from Gone with the Wind. Well the tour lady started explaining how General Sherman burned Atlanta and really started cussin "yakees." So my ex says to her as she's stepping away from me, he's a yankee!...lol I swear to you, that lady was rude to me for the rest of the tour...lol. She kept saying stuff like, being a yankee, I guess you wouldn't know anything about that?....lol

Don't let the facts get in the way of the point you want to make. By my quick count, UT has 7 non-Texans on its roster. TCU has 23.

LOLOLOL!!!! Yuga24 has it figured out!!! East of I-45 is foreignerzzz!!!! Its an East Tx thang!!!! Unfortunately I now reside in the "foreign land"!!!Dang, I guess that makes me a ferner!! A coach I worked with once(who was from west Tx) refered to anything east of I-45 as a "whole different world"!! And yes, UT does seem to sign kids just to keep them from signing with anybody else...TCU does a great job of finding those kids that are overlooked and might be undersized and don't get looked at by the major schools...this exposure should realy help the Frogs in the recruiting wars!!!

Don't let the facts get in the way of the point you want to make. By my quick count, UT has 7 non-Texans on its roster. TCU has 23.

It's funny that you make that point because it just seems like a kid from a universities home state is much more appreciative to be there than one from somewhere else. I know that most kids from Ohio either want to be a Buckeye or a Wolverine. There's just something special about that and I think that Texas kids are the same way with Texas schools. You grow up being a Longhorn or an Aggie and when you make it, it makes you want to work harder for the school you play for. I don't know, I stayed home for basketball. I did try out for a couple schools out of state and I appreciated the opportunity they gave me but it wasn't home.

This just shows how much the TCU staff coaches em up and the UT staff..well you know. The horns get the "cream of the crop" and the Frogs and others get what is left and that is great. On the Maud big 3, well I was one that was not real sure about them but so glad to see them hang in there regardless of playing time. Hang in there and get that degree. They are experiencing things that most only wish could experience.

This just shows how much the TCU staff coaches em up and the UT staff..well you know. The horns get the "cream of the crop" and the Frogs and others get what is left and that is great. On the Maud big 3, well I was one that was not real sure about them but so glad to see them hang in there regardless of playing time. Hang in there and get that degree. They are experiencing things that most only wish could experience.

Are you suggesting that Texas has struggled under Mack Brown? In 13 seasons, he has a 133-34 record, 9 10-win seasons, 12 9-win seasons, and a national championship.

Patterson has obviously done very well at TCU. He is 98-28. The TCU coaching staff and players are to be commended. I love seeing them do well. I just think it's funny that some folks have such a hard time saying something good about TCU without taking a swipe at UT. I agree that TCU has generally not gotten the same level of recruits that UT has, but it's not like UT has been doing poorly with their recruits.

What a great win for TCU. After next year they will move to the Big East and play a lot of Eastern teams. However, they are from Ft. Worth or Cowtown as most Texans call the city. They will do very well with their new league schedule, in my view. I would like to see TCU continue to win at the higher levels of college football.

Good luck, and most of all congratulations to Frogs on their victory in the Rose Bowl ! :thumbsup:

Texas won 5 games with the best talent money can buy. TCU went 13-0 with a bunch of kids that UT didn't even give the time of day to! UT has a top 5 recruiting class every year...that's a school that is supposed to "reload" every year. If that's not evidence of some severe coaching issues, I don't know what is. Either the coaches didn't recruit the right kids, didn't prepare them properly, or the they made some really bad game day decisions.

I also find it somewhat interesting that when SMU was in their heyday, they focused on recruiting East Texas. Yesterday, there were 15 kids from East Texas wearing purple. East Texas has dominated 3A and below for several years--and there are a few blue chip kids who go to UT, OU, and aTm. But Oklahoma State and TCU have snuck into ET and stolen some fantastic talent that didn't have the Rivals.com clout to satisfy the big name donors at the big name schools...and these "second tier" schools are beating that Rivals talent very regularly. That's a testament to schools like Maud, Chapel Hill, Kilgore, Carthage, and Arp.

Congrats to TCU. The politics of the BCS should not deny these kids a slice of the National Championship pie.

Are you suggesting that Texas has struggled under Mack Brown? In 13 seasons, he has a 133-34 record, 9 10-win seasons, 12 9-win seasons, and a national championship.

Patterson has obviously done very well at TCU. He is 98-28. The TCU coaching staff and players are to be commended. I love seeing them do well. I just think it's funny that some folks have such a hard time saying something good about TCU without taking a swipe at UT. I agree that TCU has generally not gotten the same level of recruits that UT has, but it's not like UT has been doing poorly with their recruits.

I am saying over the last however many years the Horns get the best of the best and under achieve. Yes the Mack era has been good but this year was a train wreck and never should have been. UT should always contend even B4 and after the "Mack era". We all know this. The UT job comes with huge expectations and the reason is "athletes" they get. If you are not in the hunt year in and year out the grumbles will start just as they did this year. The TCU staff does a lot more with alot less IMO.

I am saying over the last however many years the Horns get the best of the best and under achieve. Yes the Mack era has been good but this year was a train wreck and never should have been. UT should always contend even B4 and after the "Mack era". We all know this. The UT job comes with huge expectations and the reason is "athletes" they get. If you are not in the hunt year in and year out the grumbles will start just as they did this year. The TCU staff does a lot more with alot less IMO.

Man, you and OBTS are pretty harsh critics. The list of schools that are really good for 10-15 years without the occasional down year is pretty short. I guess I just have more realistic expectations. UT played in the national championship last year and might very well have won it if their QB had not gotten hurt. I'll take that any day. You guys seem to think that because Texas has one sub-par year in the last 13, suddenly they are an "underachieving" program. To me, that is ridiculous. The list of teams that wish they had "underachieved" like UT has over last few years is not short.

That said, TCU has done exceedingly well with "lesser" recruits and they have impressed everyone, including me.

Man, you and OBTS are pretty harsh critics. The list of schools that are really good for 10-15 years without the occasional down year is pretty short. I guess I just have more realistic expectations. UT played in the national championship last year and might very well have won it if their QB had not gotten hurt. I'll take that any day. You guys seem to think that because Texas has one sub-par year in the last 13, suddenly they are an "underachieving" program. To me, that is ridiculous. The list of teams that wish they had "underachieved" like UT has over last few years is not short.

That said, TCU has done exceedingly well with "lesser" recruits and they have impressed everyone, including me.

Part of UT's problem is they early sign everyone. They recruit kids who have a great soph and jr. season. The kid who has a great sr. season and is on the rise goes to TCU example Dwight Smith from Carthage.

I wish Texas fans would go ahead and admit that this year sucked and quit making excuses and predictions of future undefeated seasons. 2010 is over. TCU went 13-0. So be it. Dang these arrogant Longhorns.

Let's get back on subject. TCU has many East Texas (and more specifically 903) athletes from Longview, Tyler, Kilgore, Carthage, Tatum, Whitehouse... The list goes on. Congrats to the Frogs from ETX.