Adrian Beltre Deal Premature

bkb82

PS - Just because I mentioned his two great seasons did not mean I was bringing them up because they were contract seasons (if they even were contract seasons....I could care less what seasons they were). Again, that was you making assumptions that weren't there.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS - Just because I mentioned his two great seasons did not mean I was bringing them up because they were contract seasons (if they even were contract seasons....I could care less what seasons they were). Again, that was you making assumptions that weren't there.

Good post Sugar Britches!

My deal is that everyone that was complaning about Young and to much money for his play at 3B went down with his age,

I just hope we are not having that same talk 5 years from now with Beltre. I love watching him and have become a big fan of his, just like I did

Vlad. Beltre looks like a great teammate and seeing him in a Ranger uniform is great.

All the Young haters that said he was getting paid too much and was done- needs to get a plate for some crow

• 2 months later...

With the season half way over, Beltre is well on his way to silencing his critics.

Projecting his numbers as of today, he would finish the regular season with:

Approx. 200 hits

Approx. 50 Doubles

30-35 HRs

130-140 RBI

Approx. 70 Ks

Avg in the .270 - .300 range

The only real negatives for him, at this point, are his fielding errors and his OBP could be a bit higher. Based on what he did last year, I expect both of these negatives to turn around in the second half.

Congrats to him for earning an All Star start.

• 3 months later...

Well let me be the first to eat a little crow about Beltre. His play and attitude so far this season has kind of made me look foolish. May have still overpaid him but you cant beat his contributions to a champiohsip worthy team.

Well let me be the first to eat a little crow about Beltre. His play and attitude so far this season has kind of made me look foolish. May have still overpaid him but you cant beat his contributions to a champiohsip worthy team.

+1. My plate is full of crow, but I'd be more than happy to have another heaping serving.

I would just like to add: nanny-nanny-boo-boo. I was right. Told you so. Period.

We have all gladly eaten crow for what we said about Beltre. Do you have anything to say besides nanny-nanny-boo-boo???????????

WHAT ABOUT ALL YOUR HATE ON THE LEADERSHIP OF YOUNG in the Young posts???????????????

I just don't think you can take credit on one without admitting wrong on one. PERIOD! :wacko:

1. Young's little game of "I don't want to get into the details, but here are the details" speaks a lot about his professionalism, as does his trade demand.
  2. He is no longer the leader of this team. (clubhouse, field, marketing) He lost that, when he threw a hissy fit and demanded to be traded.
  3. I think it's closer to 50% of the fans have lost respect for him. Half of the folks seem to side with MY and half with the Rangers.

Bottom line... I hope MY grows up a little bit, realizes that he isn't quite as good as he thinks, understands that the Rangers are paying him a LOT of money for him to set a good example to follow, and finishes his career as a Ranger. Either way, I'll be a Ranger fan long after he is gone.

I still stand behind those comments. He did the right thing. Did you read the part where I HOPED that he would do the right thing? Which he eventually did???? Period.

I still stand behind those comments.???????????

He is no longer the leader of this team

I think it's closer to 50% of the fans have lost respect for him.

Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems like everyone has admitted wrong about the money for Beltre, but I knew you couldn't when it came to Young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE IS THE LEADER, THE FACE OF THIS FANCHISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there alot more of your posts you should say you were wrong about with #10.

And by the way my 7 year old says-

I would just like to add: nanny-nanny-boo-boo. I was right. Told you so. Period.

I don't know what to tell you. I wasn't wrong... MY WAS acting like a brat during the offseason, requesting a trade.. When he put his big boy pants on and acted like a grown man/leader, everything worked out great. Just like I had HOPED. I don't know where I could possibly be losing you....

I don't know what to tell you. I wasn't wrong... MY WAS acting like a brat during the offseason, requesting a trade.. When he put his big boy pants on and acted like a grown man/leader, everything worked out great. Just like I had HOPED. I don't know where I could possibly be losing you....

Didn't think so........ That's alright- We had our crow on #29 and are proud to say so. I knew he would be good, but I thought his years were to long, but still ate it.

I know you weren't wrong.....

He is no longer the leader of this team- YOU REALLY HIT THE HEAD ON THIS ON.

I think it's closer to 50% of the fans have lost respect for him. TRUE FANS OF THE RANGERS DON'T LOSE RESPECT EVEN THOUGH THEY SAY THINGS IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT

So... It is your belief that MY would still be the leader of the team and have Ranger fans respect if he had stuck with his immature demand to be traded to a bad team for basically nothing in return... Come on man.

The POINT is that you were wrong and don't want to eat crow...........................nothing about what you typed mr. espn

There is no crow to eat.... MY CHANGED HIS TUNE!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T!!! He rescinded his trade demand, shut his mouth, played a huge role as a DH/super utility, and had a career year at the plate. ALL THE THINGS I (AND OTHERS NOT BLINDED BY MY LOVE) SAID HE NEEDED TO DO. Do you even know what you are argueing?

BTW... You couldn't have been more wrong about Beltre and you also still don't understand what I said about Young.

There is no crow to eat.... MY CHANGED HIS TUNE!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T!!! He rescinded his trade demand, shut his mouth, played a huge role as a DH/super utility, and had a career year at the plate. ALL THE THINGS I (AND OTHERS NOT BLINDED BY MY LOVE) SAID HE NEEDED TO DO. Do you even know what you are argueing?

BTW... You couldn't have been more wrong about Beltre and you also still don't understand what I said about Young.

I understood what YOU said about Young- He lost his leadership in the lockeroom!!!!!!!! Plain and simple, did he lose his leadership in the lockeroom...........YES OR NO- would be simple enough.............PERIOD!!!!!!

And I never said Beltre would not put up the numbers- just the years were tough to handle, but still admitted I was wrong, but you want to spread your chest when talking about Beltre and not admitting that Young did not lose his leadership and that more than 50% did not lose respect for him.

I am done with this, I am proud to say the #29 is the best move with NAP that I can remember, beside the "big Trade" and we all that said other wise was wrong. I am just proud that Young proved ALOT OF PEOPLE wrong!!!!!!!!!!

I don't need the nanny-nanny boo boo stuff. After watching him very closely with the Sox last year, I knew this guy's makeup and character. He's a very solid stick and a great defensive third baseman.

In hindsight, I'm sure the Sox brass regret not re-signing him to play 3B. I sure wish they would have.

• 4 weeks later...

I just hope and pray that this rumor of the "imminent" signing of Beltre is as true as those of McCartney's death in the late '60's. The guy plays for one reason - contract seasons.

.........that's why McCartney became a "Band On The Run" to stay ahead of his doomsday demon.

• 1 year later...