Garrett Morgan named AD/Football Coach at Jasper High School

Smoaky

Garrett Morgan will be named the AD/Football Coach at Jasper High School on Friday.

Morgan has been the assistant athletic director and defensive coordinator at Carthage High School for the past four years.

He has also been an assistant at Texas High and Copperas Cove.

Morgan told David Smoak on Thursday morning, "I am so excited about this opportunity at Jasper, knowing their tradition and the talent on that campus. The administration has been tremendous in talking about our goals and I can't wait to get working on our off-season. I also believe the talent and commitment is there to win championships in all sports."

Morgan is a graduate of Lubbock Coronado High School and Tarleton State University.

Morgan's older brother Chris is an assistant coach in the NFL with the Oakland Raiders and his younger brother, Ryan, is an offensive line coach at Longview High School.

Congrats Coach Morgan......You will be missed VERY much in Carthage. I bet we see Jasper in Pre Season the next few years.........Is it normal to feel betrayed even though you know its whats best for him and his family? 11-DEEP is more like 1-MISSING now! Good Luck in Jasper though.

Congrats Coach Morgan......You will be missed VERY much in Carthage. I bet we see Jasper in Pre Season the next few years.........Is it normal to feel betrayed even though you know its whats best for him and his family? 11-DEEP is more like 1-MISSING now! Good Luck in Jasper though.

+1 :thumbsup:

Hated to hear this he is is a GREAT coach. To do what he did with our defense this year cannot and obviously did not go unnoticed. Not shocked to hear this, we knew this was a good possibility. Congrats coach morgan and good luck!

Every high performer deserves an opportunity to move up. And Suratt surely will attract just as qualified a person or persons to replace him as DC. Jasper will be be very fortunate to have Coach Morgan! Congratulations coach!