David Greer-Lindale

Lanny Williams-Mineola

Alvin Hudgins-Mineola

Paul Coleman-Frankston

Jack Jones-Harmony

Jimmie Pullins-John Tyler

James Boxley-Wills Point

Rob Childress-Harmony

Used to watch these guys play on American Legion Team out of Mineola.

Those I have actually seen:

Pat Mahomes

Brodie Greene,3 time All State at Bullard, Texas A&M and currently in the Red's organization.

Will Middlebrooks, just look at what they have done since he graduated to see just how good he was.

Lanny Williams (i think that's his name) Think he was from Mineola back in the late 80's,early 90's.

How could you forget Kenny Morris of Whitehouse ??

Those I have actually seen:

Pat Mahomes

Brodie Greene,3 time All State at Bullard, Texas A&M and currently in the Red's organization.

Will Middlebrooks, just look at what they have done since he graduated to see just how good he was.

Lanny Williams (i think that's his name) Think he was from Mineola back in the late 80's,early 90's.

Liberty-Eylau had something like 20 straight winning season before Middlebrooks and some incredible players. Brandon Jones was drafted by the Yankees, but went football. William Gray played at A&M, Ricky Casteel played professionally. They've probably had 20 that played pro ball. L-E's super talent has gone dry the last three seasons, but it'll be back.

From 3A programs and down, but all pretty impressive high school baseball players.

Rusty Jones - New Boston 1976

Brandy McGill - DeKalb late 80's (went toe to toe with Scudder in playoffis his Senior Year)

Scott Scudder - Prairieland late 80's

Paul Barber - Queen City early 90's (best I have seen in high school)

Drew Stubbs - Atlanta

Jason Cox - Daingerfield (only saw him play once, but he was impressive behind the plate)

Best team I have seen from top to bottom was the L-K team around 84-85 that had Ricky Epps, Brian Cave, Matthew Fitts, Scott Surratt and I am leaving several names out. They were solid. Saw them score 32 runs once with 10 homeruns in their old cracker jack park, maybe 300' down the lines, but they were still impressive. If memory serves me correctly, I think something crazy happened at the State Tourney that prevented them from winning the State Championship. Someone help me remember what happened.

From 3A programs and down, but all pretty impressive high school baseball players.

Brandy McGill - DeKalb late 80's (went toe to toe with Scudder in playoffis his Senior Year)

Drew Stubbs - Atlanta

Jason Cox - Daingerfield (only saw him play once, but he was impressive behind the plate)

Best team I have seen from top to bottom was the L-K team around 84-85 that had Ricky Epps, Brian Cave, Matthew Fitts, Scott Surratt and I am leaving several names out. They were solid. Saw them score 32 runs once with 10 homeruns in their old cracker jack park, maybe 300' down the lines, but they were still impressive. If memory serves me correctly, I think something crazy happened at the State Tourney that prevented them from winning the State Championship. Someone help me remember what happened.

wasn't that the year fitts was ejected? not sure...

Robbie Hatfield 1973 Mt. Pleasant drafted by Cubs

Calvin Portley 1973 Lonvgiew drafted by Astros

Played against both in high school and played summer American Legion ball with Robbie @ Daingerfield. Just playing catch with him was on a different level I had never experienced before. What an arm

Played against Portley in Legion ball...stout!!

Doug Pittman -- 1984 Daingerfield. Still the best pure power hitter I ever saw. And hit for avg too. Played Catcher in the pros. Pittsburg and Minnesota organizations I believe.

Doug was great but I think his older brother Wes was the as they say pound for pound the best power hitter in East Texas. I saw him play in a Men's League in his late 30's and he could still crush it!

Drew Stubbs - Atlanta

LK did have some pretty awesome teams back in the 80's. I remember them having a knuckle ball pitcher who was very difficult even to make contact against. I still remember taking a third call strike from him in a bi-district game and Coach B. unloaded on me from the batters box all the way back to the dugout. And yes, he met me as soon as I stepped out of the box.