The cars hit the track Feb. 12th for the shootout

BGR

I am ready for the new NASCAR season to begin. New surface at Daytona, new points system, new qualifying set up, modified Chase set up and limits on what the Cup regulars can do in other series. It should make things even more interesting for us NASCAR fans. I hope the new crew chief for Jeff Gordon will help him return to victory lane. Go Hendrick! :thumbsup:

I am ready for the new NASCAR season to begin. New surface at Daytona, new points system, new qualifying set up, modified Chase set up and limits on what the Cup regulars can do in other series. It should make things even more interesting for us NASCAR fans. I hope the new crew chief for Jeff Gordon will help him return to victory lane. Go Hendrick! :thumbsup:

The new surface should make things really interesting.

The new points system does nothing to address the real problems with NASCAR these days: 1)phoney red flags 2) phoney cautions 3)The Chase 4) Lucky Dog 5) Etch-a-sketch Rulebook 6)Vanillazation of drivers (penalizing personality)

However, the "new" points system will make the field seem closer together.

I'll watch Daytona. But, I've progressively quit watching more and more since The Chase started. From 92 thru 2004 I watched almost every lap of every race, and attended several races a year in person. Last year, even with my guy, Hamlin, in championship contention.....I watched Daytona and I think that was it. I'd watch 10 or 15 minutes of other races, if I came across them channel surfing. I haven't attended a race in 3 years.

• 2 weeks later...
The new surface should make things really interesting.

The new points system does nothing to address the real problems with NASCAR these days: 1)phoney red flags 2) phoney cautions 3)The Chase 4) Lucky Dog 5) Etch-a-sketch Rulebook 6)Vanillazation of drivers (penalizing personality)

However, the "new" points system will make the field seem closer together.

I'll watch Daytona. But, I've progressively quit watching more and more since The Chase started. From 92 thru 2004 I watched almost every lap of every race, and attended several races a year in person. Last year, even with my guy, Hamlin, in championship contention.....I watched Daytona and I think that was it. I'd watch 10 or 15 minutes of other races, if I came across them channel surfing. I haven't attended a race in 3 years.

It still better than the NFL and all of their antics.

The Bud Shoot Out was a lot of fun to watch. The two car pairing up advantage is making things very interesting. It should make the Daytona 500 absolutely awesome.

I agree... this type of racing has all kinds of variables. I am a little concerned about the engines turning 9600 rpm though... There is going to be a blown motor or two... but thats racing... should be a good one.

The Daytona 500 was awesome.... the end result of the Wood Brother's 21 with Trevor Bayne ending up in the winner circle was an added bonus. The constant swapping of leads and unpredictability made it very interesting. The new car is very durable, especially the front end splitter. There were several blown engines with RCR really having issues. It was a great race even if most of the Hendrick cars were knocked out by the end.