Wanting to coach AAU or work bball camps

coachgoss

My name is Cal Goss, head basketball coach at Full Armor Christian Academy in Henderson. We won district going undefeated and became state ranked. I am looking to coach an AAU team this summer to gain more experience. I would aslo be willing to work some camps in the East Texas area. I am not under any contract and do not know where I will be coaching next year so I would not be violating any rules. I am just looking to add to my resume as a coach. If anybody knows of anything they can contact me via phone/text at 903-646-3257 or email at [email protected]

Get a pair of Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses. Wear a blue tooth ear piece EVERYWHERE you go. Get a white Kobe or LeBron velour leisure suit. New pair of Jordans. Brush up on phrases like "and 1", "yeah son", "do work", "skill set". Undermine every high school coach you know. Get a nice set of "twenties", maybe some "twenty-twos".

That should get you started!

Get a pair of Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses. Wear a blue tooth ear piece EVERYWHERE you go. Get a white Kobe or LeBron velour leisure suit. New pair of Jordans. Brush up on phrases like "and 1", "yeah son", "do work", "skill set". Undermine every high school coach you know. Get a nice set of "twenties", maybe some twenty-twos".

.....and a visor...gotta wear a visor!

Get a pair of Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses. Wear a blue tooth ear piece EVERYWHERE you go. Get a white Kobe or LeBron velour leisure suit. New pair of Jordans. Brush up on phrases like "and 1", "yeah son", "do work", "skill set". Undermine every high school coach you know. Get a nice set of "twenties", maybe some "twenty-twos".

That's funny right there.

Fortunately I got very lucky when my daughter started playing AAU in the fifth grade, she will be a senior this next year and is still playing with the same coach. This coach is Awesome and definitely knows the game and how to handle players and college scouts. Like anything, you have the good, bad, and horrible. As far as AAU goes, I would be willing to bet that only one or two people have actually played in a AAU event. People get a team together in the summer and call it AAU. My advice would be go to Dallas or Houston and introduce yourself to some of the coaches and let them know you want to coach. As far as camps, you can e-mail all the colleges that you would want to work and ask for an application to work their camps. A good camp to work for someone who wants to really learn and be forced to teach is Don Eddy camps, their one-on-one stuff is the best around. Hope this helps.

Not all AAU coaches have this And1 attitude, just like not all football coaches are Fat and drink beer. lol But, there are some coaches just like you mentioned, unfortunately.

On the girls side, most of the teams have gotten away from AAU and play in the big showcase tourneys around the country. AAU is still pretty big for boys, but I see it changing like the girls teams have and playing showcase events.