Young To Rockies?

bkb82

I notice that starting point also just happened to be Youngs only season where he wasn't a full time player. But that's fine. Even adding Young's worst season and dismissing Beltre's, he still averages more games played than Beltre.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think his point was..taking a year 2001 where both were regulars and going forward Beltre and Young have played basically the same amount of games a year..If he wanted to fabricate a point he would IMO went further back because Beltre played in 152 games in 99 and 138 games in 2000...he actually picked a starting point where Beltre only played 126 games

Thanks for understanding the concept of comparing apples to apples.

Had to post this quote from Ratface's big brother:

"Babe Ruth ended his playing days with the Braves. Willie Mays jogged around the outfield for the Mets. Hank Aaron took time out from his regularly scheduled six meals a day to play DH for the Brewers. Move on.

He's paid millions. He's been told he'll be in the lineup somewhere each day. He knows he's subpar defensively. He knows the team revolves around Josh Hamilton, not him, but he has now chosen to whine publicly. He's about three text messages away from turning into Brett Favre."

Let's not forget he will be paid $100,000 per game.

This whole deal, to me, is being blown way out of proportion. I totally understand a lot of people's point about him not being a team player, don't get me wrong. But let's not forget: He's complaining about not getting as much playing time. Look the guy has a lot of pride in what he does, offensively and defensively. True, maybe he's lost a step or two defensively, but who can blame him for that? He's been moved around several times over his time here in Texas. I mean how long does it take a player to be really good at their position? And when a player has pride in what he does, and he's told he can no longer play that position, of course it's going to be a shot to their ego, which seems to be everyone's problem with how he's handling this, but let me tell you one thing for sure. ANY baseball/basketball/football player who takes great pride in what they do would probably be acting the same way if they were told they weren't good enough. And it's really not even sports atheletes that are like that. I think anyone who has pride in anything they do for a living would hate to get moved around because they think someone is better at their job than you. Him complaining about not getting enough playing time is a hell of a lot better than what goes on all the time in sports, and that's complaining about not getting paid enough. I don't remember people complaining when Alfonso Soriano, before even playing a game with the Rangers, demanded that he play second base, making Michael Young move to SS. And you want to talk about just an awful infielder....Soriano was horrible at the position, yet because he was such a super star, we accomodated to him. Do I think Michael Young has a place on this team anymore? Honestly, I don't. I think there are better players defensively, and his only option is DH, but I do think he could play 3rd for a different team. So to sum it all up, I guess what i'm trying to say is people are being a little hard on Michael Young.

This whole deal, to me, is being blown way out of proportion. I totally understand a lot of people's point about him not being a team player, don't get me wrong. But let's not forget: He's complaining about not getting as much playing time. Look the guy has a lot of pride in what he does, offensively and defensively. True, maybe he's lost a step or two defensively, but who can blame him for that? He's been moved around several times over his time here in Texas. I mean how long does it take a player to be really good at their position? And when a player has pride in what he does, and he's told he can no longer play that position, of course it's going to be a shot to their ego, which seems to be everyone's problem with how he's handling this, but let me tell you one thing for sure. ANY baseball/basketball/football player who takes great pride in what they do would probably be acting the same way if they were told they weren't good enough. And it's really not even sports atheletes that are like that. I think anyone who has pride in anything they do for a living would hate to get moved around because they think someone is better at their job than you. Him complaining about not getting enough playing time is a hell of a lot better than what goes on all the time in sports, and that's complaining about not getting paid enough. I don't remember people complaining when Alfonso Soriano, before even playing a game with the Rangers, demanded that he play second base, making Michael Young move to SS. And you want to talk about just an awful infielder....Soriano was horrible at the position, yet because he was such a super star, we accomodated to him. Do I think Michael Young has a place on this team anymore? Honestly, I don't. I think there are better players defensively, and his only option is DH, but I do think he could play 3rd for a different team. So to sum it all up, I guess what i'm trying to say is people are being a little hard on Michael Young.

Soriano was ROASTED for being hardheaded, not sure where you get no one said anything..he was booed and trashed in the media..and that is my whole point..The media until now has given Young a pass when he demanded a trade..this is now TWICE he cried, at least this time the media is calling him on it

and Young himself asked to move to SS, he was not asked by team..of course no shock he wanted to move from 2B to a glamor position that pays more

Unforntunately you can't recognize that you're dismissing Beltre's low year, but making sure you added Young's. Nice try but I can see exactly what you did.

And again, its apples to apples. It's Young's first real season forward, compared to Beltre's over that same period.

Soriano was ROASTED for being hardheaded, not sure where you get no one said anything..he was booed and trashed in the media..and that is my whole point..The media until now has given Young a pass when he demanded a trade..this is now TWICE he cried, at least this time the media is calling him on it

and Young himself asked to move to SS, he was not asked by team..of course no shock he wanted to move from 2B to a glamor position that pays more

The point is, I feel like 90% of star players would react the same way if confronted with the same situation. I don't feel like it's fair to single Michael Young out.

The point is, I feel like 90% of star players would react the same way if confronted with the same situation. I don't feel like it's fair to single Michael Young out.

That's my point to TXbroad- but he doesn't want to get that point. He is right with the stats alot and some what on MY's play, but to single him out is wrong. ANYBODY would be hacked off they have to move- and it's about how they told him and went about it that made MY mad. Even a check out clerk at Krogers would be mad to go to bagging if done wrong.

And again, its apples to apples. It's Young's first real season forward, compared to Beltre's over that same period.

Oh...but it wasn't. Young was not a full time player in '01, nor was Beltre during his rookie season. Young wasn't even in the majors for the first month of the season. He wasn't called up until May 25 after Randy Velarde pulled his hammy. But whatever...I guess I should just yield to your "facts" since it appears no one knows as much as you.

That's my point to TXbroad- but he doesn't want to get that point. He is right with the stats alot and some what on MY's play, but to single him out is wrong. ANYBODY would be hacked off they have to move- and it's about how they told him and went about it that made MY mad. Even a check out clerk at Krogers would be mad to go to bagging if done wrong.

SINGLE HIM OUT?!?!?!?! Young got a pass the first time he demanded a trade..media backed him saying yea it is not fair how dare the team expect him to do what they want...FINALLY this time he is getting a LITTLE heat for demanding his SECOND TRADE, but even then it is not a ton of bad press.

and when did it become the right thing to do for a boss to ask pretty please can we make this move...AND WAIT..THEY DID DO THAT THIS TIME..they asked young, hey this is what we would like to do, your thoughts...and he said yep I am for it...then goes oh wait changed my mind trade me now.

Again..When Soriano pulled this ONCE with Texas he was roasted in the media and by the fans..Young has done it TWICE and is just barely getting any heat for it

SINGLE HIM OUT?!?!?!?! Young got a pass the first time he demanded a trade..media backed him saying yea it is not fair how dare the team expect him to do what they want...FINALLY this time he is getting a LITTLE heat for demanding his SECOND TRADE, but even then it is not a ton of bad press.

and when did it become the right thing to do for a boss to ask pretty please can we make this move...AND WAIT..THEY DID DO THAT THIS TIME..they asked young, hey this is what we would like to do, your thoughts...and he said yep I am for it...then goes oh wait changed my mind trade me now.

Again..When Soriano pulled this ONCE with Texas he was roasted in the media and by the fans..Young has done it TWICE and is just barely getting any heat for it

Now I can agree with all of this. No argument here. I'm still of the opinon though, that an employee has the right to not like the fact that his employer is always hiring someone to take their job. Be it fact or not, that would be my impression as that employee.

Exactly....he continues to get replaced by people at every position he plays. GET A CLUE MICHAEL!!! They aren't replacing you for no reason! They are replacing you with better players. Stop complaining b/c you are getting out played!

Alot of the local Dallas media is beginning to catch on here on this subject. Chris Davis? Couldn't hit the ball, got replaced. Justin Smoak, no stick, got replaced. Julio Bourbon, wasn't making the reads, and no stick, got replaced. EAch one of them took thier lumps and is working to get better. Now did they like it? Probably not, but you don't hear them BLASTING the franchise that has stuck behind you for 10 years, even though you were playing sub par defense!!!

This is also partly the organizations fault for paying him like he is a superstar and someone who is untouchable. I mean, when you tell a kid that he's a stud every day as he's growing up, why should he think anything else? So here we are....the Rangers have been telling (and paying) MY like he is, and will be, a stud. Now that they have found someone better, they have a spoiled brat on thier hands that thinks he is a stud, and can't figure out why he's being changed out.

Exactly....he continues to get replaced by people at every position he plays. GET A CLUE MICHAEL!!! They aren't replacing you for no reason! They are replacing you with better players. Stop complaining b/c you are getting out played!

Alot of the local Dallas media is beginning to catch on here on this subject. Chris Davis? Couldn't hit the ball, got replaced. Justin Smoak, no stick, got replaced. Julio Bourbon, wasn't making the reads, and no stick, got replaced. EAch one of them took thier lumps and is working to get better. Now did they like it? Probably not, but you don't hear them BLASTING the franchise that has stuck behind you for 10 years, even though you were playing sub par defense!!!

This is also partly the organizations fault for paying him like he is a superstar and someone who is untouchable. I mean, when you tell a kid that he's a stud every day as he's growing up, why should he think anything else? So here we are....the Rangers have been telling (and paying) MY like he is, and will be, a stud. Now that they have found someone better, they have a spoiled brat on thier hands that thinks he is a stud, and can't figure out why he's being changed out.

While Im not a fan of the way Young has handled this situation, I have to disagree with alot of your post. Young has been worth every dollar the Rangers have paid him (assuming athletes are worth that much to begin with...totally different argument) in the past. You cant dismiss his ABOVE average play at 2nd, SS and his offensive production. His numbers at the plate began to fall off in 09 and he continued the trend in 10 and his age showed at 3rd also. But prior to that, he has earned his money.

normally, i would say go whine somewhere else BUT this

dude was the best second baseman then the best shortstop then the best third baseman

and DISRESPRECTED by jon-jon. what would YOU do? kick jon-jon to the curb, nolan.

Young was a good 2B..solid SS and below average 3B..he was never the best at any

Young was a good 2B..solid SS and below average 3B..he was never the best at any

Exactly! Young's greatest asset to this point was his offense. Now, he best and greatest asset is his leadership (assuming he wants to be in that role). He has NEVER been the best at any defensive position. He was good, but his gold glove at SS had more to do with the double play combo with Kinsler than his defense on his own. His range is ok at best at SS. But he was never the best.

I just wish he would #### it up and move on to being the best DH we have ever had. Now that he can do!

ok, stupid thing didn't like my word--so let me put it another way. He needs to put on his big girl panties and move on................. :icon_eek:

I was reading how Young might go to the Marlins IF Texas pays part of his contract.

IF Young wants to be traded, since he apparently doesn't like the role his coaches and GM envision for him on this year's team...

...why doesn't HE eat some of his contract to get traded, instead of the Rangers having to eat all of it?

For instance, if the Marlins want somebody to cover 6 million dollars, why not split it Rangers cover 3 million and Young cover 3 million?

I was reading how Young might go to the Marlins IF Texas pays part of his contract.

IF Young wants to be traded, since he apparently doesn't like the role his coaches and GM envision for him on this year's team...

...why doesn't HE eat some of his contract to get traded, instead of the Rangers having to eat all of it?

For instance, if the Marlins want somebody to cover 6 million dollars, why not split it Rangers cover 3 million and Young cover 3 million?

Because why would a player do that??????

That's a totally different situation. they are all young and haven't earned the reputation that Michael Young has. He's been our team captain for years now, so out of respect, when they have different plans for young, they are going to run it by him first. You can agree or disagree with it, but that's just how it works. You think when The Yankees were thinking about hiring A-Rod they didn't run it by Jeter?

That's a totally different situation. they are all young and haven't earned the reputation that Michael Young has. He's been our team captain for years now, so out of respect, when they have different plans for young, they are going to run it by him first. You can agree or disagree with it, but that's just how it works. You think when The Yankees were thinking about hiring A-Rod they didn't run it by Jeter?

Young was talked to about the situation--he had even agreed to be the DH before they signed Beltre. So what is your point here?

Oh...but it wasn't. Young was not a full time player in '01, nor was Beltre during his rookie season. Young wasn't even in the majors for the first month of the season. He wasn't called up until May 25 after Randy Velarde pulled his hammy. But whatever...I guess I should just yield to your "facts" since it appears no one knows as much as you.

Finally, you got something right.

Because why would a player do that??????

To fasciliate a trade....that's what Young says he wants, right?