Young To Rockies?

bkb82

Texas is considered a hitters park because of the jetstream to right field. This park is NOT right hander friendly. It's deep, expansive, and the wind has more of a tendency to blow in from left, swirl around and head straight out to right.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how I feel about Young being traded. He IS the "captain", so someone would have to step up. How will Kinsler respond? They are best friends, and I believe neighbors. It's not like he's too old to play. Is it all about money? He says the Ranger's aren't being honest with him, which I don't believe because thats just not Nolan's style. He welcomed Beltre at the beginning, but something must have changed, and they had to make another move and go get Napoli. I personally would'nt trade him unless we get adequate compensation. How will he react if not traded before spring training? I'm siding with the Ranger's in this one because they were trying to improve the club for one, and MY is the most versatile player to move around. I agree he would have been great at a DH/Utility role, but if he's gonna pout (again) and demand to be traded, then ship him off to Colorado where he won't even sniff the postseason. His trade list is the Rockies, Padres, Astros :wacko: , Cardinals, Dodgers, Angels, Yankees and Twins. NO WAY they will trade him to another AL team. Gonna be interesting how this plays out for sure.

I'm not sure how I feel about Young being traded. He IS the "captain", so someone would have to step up. How will Kinsler respond? They are best friends, and I believe neighbors. It's not like he's too old to play. Is it all about money? He says the Ranger's aren't being honest with him, which I don't believe because thats just not Nolan's style. He welcomed Beltre at the beginning, but something must have changed, and they had to make another move and go get Napoli. I personally would'nt trade him unless we get adequate compensation. How will he react if not traded before spring training? I'm siding with the Ranger's in this one because they were trying to improve the club for one, and MY is the most versatile player to move around. I agree he would have been great at a DH/Utility role, but if he's gonna pout (again) and demand to be traded, then ship him off to Colorado where he won't even sniff the postseason. His trade list is the Rockies, Padres, Astros :wacko: , Cardinals, Dodgers, Angels, Yankees and Twins. NO WAY they will trade him to another AL team. Gonna be interesting how this plays out for sure.

And therein lies the dilemma. After Young went public yesterday with his unhappiness, any trade value that was there dried up. I think they are now going to have to either give him away to someone, and probably pay a chunk of his remaining salary. Or, they will have to publicly "make up" for now and hope he starts the season off positively at the plate. With a good April, and a forced smile on his face, the trade value will improve.

Rangers' fans should be desperately praying that he doesn't end up with the Angels somehow. If you thought Salmon and Guerrero owned your pitching staff, I can't imagine what Young might do to it for a season or two.

Save your breath dude. We had this discussion six weeks ago and the facts about Beltre's career offensive production mean nothing to this guy. He just believes what he heard someone else say.

I'm no Rangers fan, but I will be monitoring Beltre closely this season and will take great pride in reminding this guy regularly about his opinion of Beltre.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't need your advice on who he should talk to/debate with.

As far as believing what someone esle says...you may want to learn a little about me before showing your little knowledge on the subject of me.

His other "pretty dang good" seasons, he is batting .263, averages 70 RBIs (1/4 rookie season prorated to a full season) and averages about 76 runs a season. If that's "prety dang good", then rest of the league must be down right AMAZING!!

Texas is considered a hitters park because of the jetstream to right field. This park is NOT right hander friendly. It's deep, expansive, and the wind has more of a tendency to blow in from left, swirl around and head straight out to right.

Beltre has hit 8 Hrs in his years at the Ballpark...4 of them were to center-right 4 center-left

Not sure where Rangers park became "deep and expansive" especially to left field where it is 332 down the line and 390 in the alley..the deepest part of the field is right-center field where it is 407

I'm pretty sure he doesn't need your advice on who he should talk to/debate with.

As far as believing what someone esle says...you may want to learn a little about me before showing your little knowledge on the subject of me.

His other "pretty dang good" seasons, he is batting .263, averages 70 RBIs (1/4 rookie season prorated to a full season) and averages about 76 runs a season. If that's "prety dang good", then rest of the league must be down right AMAZING!!

Playing with the numbers, as you are want to do, he has averaged (since '99 and excluding what you say are his only two good years, and his injury season of '09), he is hitting .270, with 20 Hrs, 80 RBI, and an OPS of .760.

In today's game, yes that's pretty dang good for 3B and ranks him consistently among the Top 10 for 3B. And yes, those numbers do get you average salaries of $14-$17 million/per.

I do know you. We had this discussion ad nauseum six weeks ago. At that time, you were vehemently denying ever saying he was only good during contract years. I guess now you've changed your tune.

And you're right. TXBroadcaster doesn't need my advice. He's handling you with relative ease.

That 407 is still considered center field as is the 404 on the other side of the wall. The 390 foot is also more to left field than the power ally. 390 there is deep in comparison with other parks....as is 332 down the line. Regardless, Fenway is the smallest (field dimensionally) field in MLB. His numbers will reflect that change. Hopefully not too much, but I stand by my prediction of his numbers. He will have a good season here or there, but he's never shown he can do it regularly.

I think it proves that he doesn't care about winning. MY is going to come out of this looking pretty bad.

Are you really serious???? He doesn't care about winning??? Even though some things are right about MY's play at third is some what right. (Still will would not take a better glove at 3B than to lose the leadership at 3B)

Are you a leader at work or have any one that works for you or comes to you for leadership. Do you have alot of pride of what you do at work??? If anyone asked you to move down from your job you would be hacked off also- anyone would, plain and simple! I have been doing my job for 20 years now and if they told me to move down I would be mad. But to say he doesn't care about winning is unbelievable!!!!

That 407 is still considered center field as is the 404 on the other side of the wall. The 390 foot is also more to left field than the power ally. 390 there is deep in comparison with other parks....as is 332 down the line. Regardless, Fenway is the smallest (field dimensionally) field in MLB. His numbers will reflect that change. Hopefully not too much, but I stand by my prediction of his numbers. He will have a good season here or there, but he's never shown he can do it regularly.

You're right. There's no room on any team for a consistent 20HR/80RBI guy who has the capability of giving you 35 and 120.

Playing with the numbers, as you are want to do, he has averaged (since '99 and excluding what you say are his only two good years, and his injury season of '09), he is hitting .270, with 20 Hrs, 80 RBI, and an OPS of .760.

In today's game, yes that's pretty dang good for 3B and ranks him consistently among the Top 10 for 3B. And yes, those numbers do get you average salaries of $14-$17 million/per.

I do know you. We had this discussion ad nauseum six weeks ago. At that time, you were vehemently denying ever saying he was only good during contract years. I guess now you've changed your tune.

And you're right. TXBroadcaster doesn't need my advice. He's handling you relative ease.

I have still never mentioned contract seasons. I'm not dumb enough to think that he turns his game on and off at will. I just say he is inconsistant....and for some reason, your numbers aren't reflecting his actual numbers. In his 11 seasons excluding his two great seasons, his AVG is .263 and he avg fewer HR, RBI and runs than your posted. Strange, ain't it?

five o..the 390 is THE power alley, not closer to left..the power allies for Texas are 390 and 407. and those power alleys are basically average..especially in left..the right one is deeper than average but not by alot.

I have still never mentioned contract seasons. I'm not dumb enough to think that he turns his game on and off at will. I just say he is inconsistant....and for some reason, your numbers aren't reflecting his actual numbers. In his 11 seasons excluding his two great seasons, his AVG is .263 and he avg fewer HR, RBI and runs than your posted. Strange, ain't it?

"Beltre had 2 good seasons. 2 out of 13, I think. That is not "solid". Solid implies consistancy. Does he have 2 straight year of even average offensive numbers? And being top three defensively in one position during one era is commendable, but definitely not worth the multi-tens-of-millions being thrown at him. That kind of money deserves hall-of-fame type production. Beltre's not anywhere near close to that."

That quote belongs to you. You posted it yesterday at 0749.

If you're going to eliminate his contract seasons to prove your point, then you also have to eliminate his injury season in '09. Fair is fair, right?

five o..the 390 is THE power alley, not closer to left..the power allies for Texas are 390 and 407. and those power alleys are basically average..especially in left..the right one is deeper than average but not by alot.

If 407 is the power alley to right then you have to say that 404 is the power alley to left. Regardless, 390 to 404 for a power alley is deeper than most parks. Look at Florida, Detroit, Oakland, etc. All of those stadiums are considered pitcher parks yet are not as deep in the left field alley as The Ballpark in Arlington.

If you're going to eliminate his contract seasons to prove your point, then you also have to eliminate his injury season in '09. Fair is fair, right?

Sure thing. But I'm not saying he's going to put up '09 numbers. I'm saying he's going to put up his regular numbers.

If 407 is the power alley to right then you have to say that 404 is the power alley to left. Regardless, 390 to 404 for a power alley is deeper than most parks. Look at Florida, Detroit, Oakland, etc. All of those stadiums are considered pitcher parks yet are not as deep in the left field alley as The Ballpark in Arlington.

actually ur right..the power alleys are smaller than I said 390 in left 377 in right

and last year..more runs per game and more HRs per game were hit in Arlington than Fenway

"Beltre had 2 good seasons. 2 out of 13, I think. That is not "solid". Solid implies consistancy. Does he have 2 straight year of even average offensive numbers? And being top three defensively in one position during one era is commendable, but definitely not worth the multi-tens-of-millions being thrown at him. That kind of money deserves hall-of-fame type production. Beltre's not anywhere near close to that."

That quote belongs to you. You posted it yesterday at 0749.

Thanks for proving my point. I never mentioned contract seasons, or steroid seasons, or UFO aided seasons. I'm simply telling what his numbers are and they are inconsistant. Twice he's been awesome, the rest he's been "bleh, whatever".

actually ur right..the power alleys are smaller than I said 390 in left 377 in right

and last year..more runs per game and more HRs per game were hit in Arlington than Fenway

That's because Boston reeked last year....and I had already said right field was definitely for hitters. No argument there. If he can go to RF regularly, that will be a big advantage for him. I know he can....just haven't seen enough to know how regularly. Any right hand hitter in Arlington who can go to right/center with power (Juan Gonzalez, Ivan Rodriguez, Dean Palmer) will have a huge advantage.

You'll probably find this hard to believe about Beltre, but he didn't pop up many #### off the Monster last season. He's a line drive hitter who peppered the wall. That won't change in Arlington. Sure some will be caught, but many won't.

And his HRs to left last season would've been out of any MLB park.

Thanks for proving my point. I never mentioned contract seasons, or steroid seasons, or UFO aided seasons. I'm simply telling what his numbers are and they are inconsistant. Twice he's been awesome, the rest he's been "bleh, whatever".

That's because Boston reeked last year.

uhh Boston was 5th in average 2nd in HRs, 2nd in RBIs in the majors last year..they also won one less game than Texas

So we're to believe now that you weren't thinking about his contract seasons when you made mention of his "two good seasons?"

Nice try.

That's because Boston reeked last year....and I had already said right field was definitely for hitters. No argument there. If he can go to RF regularly, that will be a big advantage for him. I know he can....just haven't seen enough to know how regularly. Any right hand hitter in Arlington who can go to right/center with power (Juan Gonzalez, Ivan Rodriguez, Dean Palmer) will have a huge advantage.

Juan and Dean going to right field. Thanks for a good laugh.

As far as Beltre hitting to RC/RF, I wouldn't count on that. He's more of a left-side of the field hitter.

So we're to believe now that you weren't thinking about his contract seasons when you made mention of his "two good seasons?"

Nice try.

That's exactly what I'm saying, and exactly what I mean. Hard of hearing much? You can take your assumptions, put them in a box and place them in the ocean for all they're worth.

Are you really serious???? He doesn't care about winning??? Even though some things are right about MY's play at third is some what right. (Still will would not take a better glove at 3B than to lose the leadership at 3B)

Are you a leader at work or have any one that works for you or comes to you for leadership. Do you have alot of pride of what you do at work??? If anyone asked you to move down from your job you would be hacked off also- anyone would, plain and simple! I have been doing my job for 20 years now and if they told me to move down I would be mad. But to say he doesn't care about winning is unbelievable!!!!

Very serious. The Rangers are considerably closer than any of the teams being discussed in any trade scenario. He was happy losing as a Ranger as long as he got to play SS or 3B..... Proof is in the pudding. He has been promised playing time. He is being paid well. The Rangers are winning. He is currently 34 with a contract that goes 4 more years. He is not playing for another contract. There is not a team that will pay him anywhere near what he is currentlu making on his next contract. He is throwing a little hissy fit, because he doesn't get to play 3B... Understandable from a kid... Not from a grow man. I so dissappointed in him. This is definately not a very good example from someone considered a "Leader".