Young To Rockies?

bkb82

Five O..not a real good point to bring Dean Palmer into it when he was a dead pull hitter..and Juan was almost as bad.

Dean Palmer went to center....A LOT. If you don't think Gonzo killed the right center power alley, then I question whether you were even watching the Rangers then. His liners to right/center field were deadly. Unfortunately the down and away slider was his achiles heel.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhh Boston was 5th in average 2nd in HRs, 2nd in RBIs in the majors last year..they also won one less game than Texas

Maybe they just reeked at Fenway then? You said yourself that Beltre hit better on the road. The rest of the team may have as well.

Dean Palmer went to center....A LOT. If you don't think Gonzo killed the right center power alley, then I question whether you were even watching the Rangers then. His liners to right/center field were deadly. Unfortunately the down and away slider was his achiles heel.

Instead of backing up your view you try the well if u dont think it that means you did not watch the games?!? lol

I tried to read that a couple of times. I'm not following you.

You claim that because I said Juan was not a hitter to all fields that means as you said "then I question whether you were even watching the Rangers then"

Gonzo was a pull hitter...not as much as Palmer, but was still a left field hitter and you instead of proving your point claim I did not watch games because I dont agree

You claim that because I said Juan was not a hitter to all fields that means as you said "then I question whether you were even watching the Rangers then"

Gonzo was a pull hitter...not as much as Palmer, but was still a left field hitter and you instead of proving your point claim I did not watch games because I dont agree

Actually I said he had power to right/center field....which he did, along with Palmer. Palmer loved Green's Hill and gonzo had pretty line drives to the bullpen. I don't disagree that they hit more to left, but besides Young and Franco, who doesn't?

So anyway....what should we do, in your opinion. If the team leader is unhappy, it will spread. We're kind of stuck with having to trade Young. What would you want for him? What could we realistically get for him?

Very serious. The Rangers are considerably closer than any of the teams being discussed in any trade scenario. He was happy losing as a Ranger as long as he got to play SS or 3B..... Proof is in the pudding. He has been promised playing time. He is being paid well. The Rangers are winning. He is currently 34 with a contract that goes 4 more years. He is not playing for another contract. There is not a team that will pay him anywhere near what he is currentlu making on his next contract. He is throwing a little hissy fit, because he doesn't get to play 3B... Understandable from a kid... Not from a grow man. I so dissappointed in him. This is definately not a very good example from someone considered a "Leader".

a quote from Josh "It's definitely a concern when you think about his leadership and how long he has been in the organization," Hamilton said. "Thinking about him not being here is hard to think about. He is a guy who I could go for leadership and learn from. If we lose him, it will be a big loss.

I still don't know how you say - because he is mad about his role and how the Rangers went about it makes him not a winner or care about winning. If you are consider a leader by the MVP of the AL, I think you do care about winning- nice try.

Still didn't say anything about if you would be mad if your role or job was changed. If you are still young and haven't put your heart and soul into your work yet, you will understand what I am saying.

So anyway....what should we do, in your opinion. If the team leader is unhappy, it will spread. We're kind of stuck with having to trade Young. What would you want for him? What could we realistically get for him?

I think Texas should shop him but not give him away..if no good offer comes then keep him, make him prove he is such a team guy and team leader.

Texas wont get much for him..he makes to much, is to old and really is not good playing defense anymore.

I posted earlier that we'd probably get a bag of baseballs for him. Seems to be our schtick.

and the fact all this came out does not help in getting something in return..then factor in Young says he can only be traded to 8 teams hurts as well

honestly best for everyone is trying to make it work

Texas wont get much for him..he makes to much, is to old and really is not good playing defense anymore.

I agree 100%. Hes is not what he was and now its time to do something different. I was unhappy with his play last year on offense and especially on defense where his age showed.

I feel like we upgraded at third with Beltre and upgraded with Young in a DH/super utility role. I think Brltre at 3rd and Young in the DH/utility makes the club better. Napoli isnt going to take that many ab's away from him....and if he does, it will be because Napoli is being more productive and the more productive guy should get the ab's.

If he cant deal with a reduced role shop him around (even though he hurt us by taking it to the media) and see what we can get for him. DO NOT GIVE HIM AWAY without getting a good return on him...and I think that will be hard to do.

I dont care what he has done in the past...this is about this season and winning a world championship. His reward for what he has done in the past was given to him in a really nice contract a few years back. Lets put on our big girl panties and play ball.

I still don't know how you say - because he is mad about his role and how the Rangers went about it makes him not a winner or care about winning. If you are consider a leader by the MVP of the AL, I think you do care about winning- nice try.

Still didn't say anything about if you would be mad if your role or job was changed. If you are still young and haven't put your heart and soul into your work yet, you will understand what I am saying.

The fact is.... This is business and I don't care about his fragile ego. He needs to get over it. He would have made a great DH/utility player and will be missed.

To answer your question.. I wouldn't like being replaced, but if I could keep my salary, keep an active influence on my business, and work for a successful organization.... I would jump all over it, especially if the alternative was to go to a second rate organization.

Now the question for you... Could you prop your pride up with $48+ million over the next 4 years and a shot at a few World Series titles?

I've put in more than my two cents worth on this whole sad situation, but I do want to say one more thing. Business will always be business, but a leader never puts a price tag on his pride and integrity. Some things cannot be bought.

It looks like the Rangers, and Texas in general, will be losing one of the few remaining role models left in professional sports both on and off the field. It looks as if the Rubicon has been crossed, and an icon will be sorely missed.

i for one got tired of watching him fly out to right field the last 1/4 of the year.

Agreed. He cant lay off of the low and away stuff.

Young can still be an everyday player in the field somewhere, I just dont think its the best idea in Texas. Young made his living in the field at taking great routes to #### that alot of other fielders couldnt get to. At 3rd its more about being quick with your reaction time and a quick first step which is the only step you get in alot of cases. Father Time has caught up with him and he doesnt have the reaction time or quick enough first step anymore. IT HAPPENS!!! If he were able to play 2nd or short (which he isnt in Texas) everyday he would be able to play back and once again utilize his strong arm and ability to take great routes in order to get ####. However, with Kinsler and Andrus in the middle, he doesnt fit here anymore. There is a fit for him at DH/utility but his pride is getting the best of him I believe. He is a very competitive guy and it cant be easy for him to accept the fact the hes aging. I think if he ends up staying with Texas he will do fine at DH/utility, get plenty of ab's and get a ring. But if he has to move on to another team, Im not gonna cry about it.

Agreed. This whole situation is about MY's pride. It won't allow him to see himself who what he really is now. A good hitting, utility player. Here's the thing, he's making a butt load of money to still get his AB's, and play all over the field. Put your pride on the back burner! Be humble, and thankful for your opportunity to play for a WINNING BASEBALL TEAM, which is what he's been whinning about for the last 10 years. He gets what he wants and still isn't happy.

Also, I think it's hilarious that, at this time 2 years ago, he wanted to be traded b/c he didn't want to play 3rd base. Now, he's wanting to be traded b/c he CAN'T play 3rd base. :banghead:

Agreed. This whole situation is about MY's pride. It won't allow him to see himself who what he really is now. A good hitting, utility player. Here's the thing, he's making a butt load of money to still get his AB's, and play all over the field. Put your pride on the back burner! Be humble, and thankful for your opportunity to play for a WINNING BASEBALL TEAM, which is what he's been whinning about for the last 10 years. He gets what he wants and still isn't happy.

Also, I think it's hilarious that, at this time 2 years ago, he wanted to be traded b/c he didn't want to play 3rd base. Now, he's wanting to be traded b/c he CAN'T play 3rd base. :banghead:

Good post.