Brett Favre

Brett Favre, still the only player to quarterback the Packers to a Super Bowl loss.

Brett had a pretty good Super Bowl against Kansas City. He was 25-42, 256 yds, 3 td's and 1 int. He accounted for 72% of their offense that day. It still takes the whole team to win or lose the game.

So I guess your saying Roger Staubach lost 2 for us? And Doug Williams is a better QB because he won 1?

Brett had a pretty good Super Bowl against Kansas City. He was 25-42, 256 yds, 3 td's and 1 int. He accounted for 72% of their offense that day. It still takes the whole team to win or lose the game.

So I guess your saying Roger Staubach lost 2 for us? And Doug Williams is a better QB because he won 1?

Was Favre even born when Kansas city last went to the SB in 1970. Maybe you meant Denver in 98. Yeah he looked pretty good and what I remember that was a awesome SB. :thumbsup:

Brett was a great QB back in the day. He would do things that had his coaches pulling their hair out, but when it worked, it was magic. That being said...Aaron Rogers has impressed me. Honestly, he is everything you want in a QB. He is mobile, has a great arm, and reads defenses quite well. I was very impressed by his performance in the Super Bowl. He threw three TDs with Troy Polomalu on that field. I saw Aaron attack him while most QB's including Peyton avoid him. He will erase Brett from the mind of the Cheeseheads

Was Favre even born when Kansas city last went to the SB in 1970. Maybe you meant Denver in 98. Yeah he looked pretty good and what I remember that was a awsome SB. :thumbsup:

Really I did mean Denver. I was looking up some Kansas City Barbecue at the same time and it just stuck in my mind. I was drifting and thinking of food. :smirk:

Although I've about lost all respect for BF at least he's been in a couple super bowls.

Tony Romo........... cough

Helps to have a really, really good defense, has Aaron Rodgers found out. Brett Favre had a pretty good defense during those Super Bowl years. The Rams under Kurt Warner also had a pretty good defense at first, but when that part of the team bottomed out, their Super Bowl dynasty was done before it got started, no matter how good their offense still was.

My fondest memory of Bret Favre was the 4 yard middle screen pass he threw to Leon Lett in the 1995 NFC Championship game, and the game clinching (for the Cowboys) interception he threw to Larry Brown in the 4th quarter. Favre put up good statistics in his career, but those crucial championship game interceptions (the New York and New Orleans NFC title games readily come to mind) were his foil.

Not a Packer fan, never will be one, but I just enjoyed watching someone play the game that really looked he enjoyed it. Always a competitor, never a whiner...just flat out entertaining to watch. He has put some numbers in the record books that will take a long time to match, some may never be touched, and I for one will miss watching him play. When he was 40 and threw a TD, he looked like a kid on Christmas morning opening his new toys. I always wondered if Atlanta wishes they had never traded him... :coolio:

Too bad Brett was never a super bowl MVP like Aaron Rodgers.