girls regioanl updates

TheLastWord

Awesome second half, no one going to stop them now.

You don't suppose Buddy Hawkins gave his girls a "come-to-Jesus-meeting" talk at halftime...do you now?

Scott

BTW, Dallas Lincoln rolls past West Mesquite 56-43...Lincoln headed for Austin as 4A Region II champions.

You don't suppose Buddy Hawkins gave his girls a "come-to-Jesus-meeting" talk at halftime...do you now?

Scott

BTW, Dallas Lincoln rolls past West Mesquite 56-43...Lincoln headed for Austin as 4A Region II champions.

I think that the girls may have had second thoughts on how they were playing and knew that they could do better. They have always been a third quarter team this year. I think that it was the case today.

I think that the girls may have had second thoughts on how they were playing and knew that they could do better. They have always been a third quarter team this year. I think that it was the case today.

I hope so. Brock and Poth are going to be as tough as expected along with either San Saba or Hico in the 2A state tournament.

draconian suggested that Winnsboro might have switched to a zone in the second half, but doesn't Winnsboro usually play zone the entire game?

Lucas Lovejoy 63 Spring Hill 40

Lovejoy to Austin

Winnsboro ALWAYS plays a 2-3 match up zone. No adjustments --- just started making shots they were missing in the first half + pressure = turnovers + 5 3-pointers.

Congrats to Spring Hill on a great season. Look forward to playing them again next year, always fun games with SH. How is Kayla's knee?

Spring Hill had a bad blow in this one with Kayla Self suffering a significant knee injury one minute into the game. Lovejoy played pressure press and pressure D and The Lady Panthers scrapped hard but definitely missed Kayla in this one. I think it bothered the girls mentally as well as disrupted our game. She is a great player and she was missed. Having said that Congrats to Lovejoy on a well played game and a good win. Congrats to The Lady Panthers who made it to the REgional Championship for the first time since 1978. Couldn't be prouder of you girls. You group of girls will be talked about around SH for years to come.

Don't know how bad the knee is. She was in a lot of pain,....better now. I think she sees the doctor Monday. It didn't look good. She is on crutches.

Guest basketballjunky
Kayla has always been one of my favorite players, she hates to lose and will fight to the end.

Mine too,,, she is a great young lady,, hope the injury is not severe!!