2A Region III

Eagleborn

It should be 2 good games. I expect Tatum to give New Waverly some problems with their ability to rotate guys like Crockett does. As far as the Crockett and White Oak game goes, this one is a toss up to me. It is two different styles of play so White Oak will need to be able to not only handle the press, which I think they will do, but they must make sure they get quality shots on each possession. Crockett needs to get the game going in a fast pace. Both teams can play at either speed but whoever can establish their tempo has the advantage. If the game comes down to free throws, then White Oak has the distinct advantage.

After saying all of that, I'll take Tatum vs Crockett on Saturday for the trip to Austin.

What's everyone think about the White Oak vs. Crockett matchup? I haven't seen Crockett this yr but I understand they are very athletic and have a ton of depth. WO can pull it out but we are gonna have to shoot well and not have a bad half like last night. Should be a very entertaining game. WO will have to do a great job boxing out to avoid getting killed on the boards because Crockett has a talented front line.

Any scouting report on New Waverly?

Crockett is a scary team. They are big, athletic, and can score. Yes, they gave up 87pts.. but that was to a very good Kountze team. They also put up 95. I think the score of that game dictated Crockett's style, thats the way they'd like to have it. Run & gun, and score in bunches. White Oak can win, but they are going to have to take care of the ball against the press and when they beat the press their going to need to score. Anytime a team likes to press that much, you have to make them pay for it when you beat it. I think the keys to success are obvious: block out, take care of the ball, make open shots, and block out. It's going to be a good one. Goodluck to WO, I hope you guys keep the dream alive!

From what I have been told it sounded like Kountze played the exact same style of ball as Crockett. Two teams playing a run & gun style is going to lead to a lot of points. I wouldn't take Crockett's defense lightly, they are pretty good at creating turnovers. They also have the athletes to play good man to man defense.

I think the keys to success are obvious: block out, take care of the ball, make open shots, and block out.

I think one key to the game that rarely gets talked about until after games is the style of officiating. It sounds like Crockett and White Oak play two different styles and a lot of times how physical the officials let the teams be can effect one style more than the other.

Tatum barely edged Daingerfield tonight....It was the worst officiated game I've seen in a while.

If Tatum & White Oak meet, the Necks will be going to state.

What specifically about the officiating caused you to make that comment BearDen?

I am hoping that the coach can get the boys on the bus for this afternoons game. Hear that White Oak should win the region, have not seen them play before, so I have no idea. Hope that it is a great game.

Watched a great one last night - Girls 4A Semi Canyon and Beaumont Ozen (via computer). They are showing all of them today on fox sports southwest. 2A girls on right now.

:nowhearthis: "Go Big Blue"

I am hoping that the coach can get the boys on the bus for this afternoons game. Hear that White Oak should win the region, have not seen them play before, so I have no idea. Hope that it is a great game.

Watched a great one last night - Girls 4A Semi Canyon and Beaumont Ozen (via computer). They are showing all of them today on fox sports southwest. 2A girls on right now.

:nowhearthis: "Go Big Blue"

yeah i can promise you WO respects Crockett and every thing they bring to the table. They are obviously a great team

yeah i can promise you WO respects Crockett and every thing they bring to the table. They are obviously a great team

[/quote

The UIL obviously has an abundance of knowledge/power but why is this region's 1A-2A games being played so early in the day? Before someone replies because of a college game etc... if that is the case it is not a valid excuse, evidently someone from the UIL did not read the fine print on their contracts and got snookered in my opinion! The other regions have games scheduled at a college and yet their game times are set up in the evening/night time. Yes I know that 1A has always been this way before. I am mainly referring to 2A.