Grocery carts - this is disgusting!

parentofredheads

For all you movie lovers, remember the story one of our local tv stations did a few years ago about what you are sitting in at the theatre? They tested the seats for foreign matter and there were things there that I just want mention here. :sick:

I suppose that everyone will be wearing plastic gloves in the future. I wonder what people think of motel/hotel rooms. Even some of the "finest" hotels have problems with bedbugs, not counting all the other left behind bodily fluids. I'll continue to wash my hands, and keep them away from my mouth and nose when out in public. Some of these harmful bacteria are good for your system to build up our immune systems.

I've been reading up on the life of Europeans in the 1800's, their hygiene was atrocious. This is from "A History of Western Civilization" Third Edition by McKay Hill Butler on page 765. The very first paragraph states : "Indeed, ordinary people generally took dirt and filth for granted, and some even prized it. As one English miner told an investigator, "I do not think it usual for the lasses (in the coal mines) to was their bodies; my sisters never wash themselves." As for the men, "their legs and bodies are as black as your hat." When poor people were admitted to English workhouses, they often resisted the required bath. One man protested that it was "equal to robing him of a great coat which he had had for some years." This quote was taken from Edwin Chadwicks "Report on the Sanitary Condition of the Labouring Population of Great Britain".

For all you movie lovers, remember the story one of our local tv stations did a few years ago about what you are sitting in at the theatre? They tested the seats for foreign matter and there were things there that I just want mention here. :sick:

I remember that vividly....isn't Netflix great! LOL!