21-2A standings

Godmyhero

Blue dont worry about WR just sit over there keep recruiting and talk about how you blew out a legit 2A school. WR fans were very classy but had to put some Elks in their place throughout the night. FYI the WR right fielder had to deal with the "pick-up" mophia and got cursed every inning, and at the conclusion of the game the closer ran to the WR bench and yelled stick that up your !!! So you tell me blue who is the classy ones.

This isn't the first time this has happened on the right field line. Sounds like the AD needs to get his kids in check! Doubt it happens though because he is like Charlie Sheen and is all about winning!

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Simply the Best" I don't believe you know me well enough to make a comment like that about me. If there is profanity going on by the right field pick-up mofia then we will deal with it. We have kids that want to come out and show support for their team. Why is it when it is in a gym it is ok, but not at a baseball game. I love the fact that some of the teams we play in this district have tremendous student body support. I agree profainty does not and will not be tolerated. Yes, there was mouthing in last nights game, but most of it was between fans and not players. I personally did not see the Elkhart closer go to the WR dugout, but it will be addressed. As I said earlier it was a good game last night and I tip my cap to the WR team. They are a very good team that will have a lot of success this season, good luck to them.

This isn't the first time this has happened on the right field line. Sounds like the AD needs to get his kids in check! Doubt it happens though because he is like Charlie Sheen and is all about winning!

If you think he only cares about winning you are sadly mistaken. But thank you very much for the good laugh comparing him to Charlie Sheen. That is the funniest thing I have heard in a while.

But to try and slander a man that has dedicated his adult life to bettering young men and women is nothing less than sad and classless on your part. There aren't many coaches respected more than Adair. You might want to try and go after someone else cause John Adair is way out of your league. That man would do anything for a current or former athlete.

There is no doubt in my mind that if there was profanity or an Elkhart student acting out of line he will find out who did it and make that student hate life. As a former employee under his leadership as AD and as a former athlete of his I can tell you IF your accusations are true that will be dealt with swiftly.

If you think he only cares about winning you are sadly mistaken. But thank you very much for the good laugh comparing him to Charlie Sheen. That is the funniest thing I have heard in a while.

But to try and slander a man that has dedicated his adult life to bettering young men and women is nothing less than sad and classless on your part. There aren't many coaches respected more than Adair. You might want to try and go after someone else cause John Adair is way out of your league. That man would do anything for a current or former athlete.

There is no doubt in my mind that if there was profanity or an Elkhart student acting out of line he will find out who did it and make that student hate life. As a former employee under his leadership as AD and as a former athlete of his I can tell you IF your accusations are true that will be dealt with swiftly.

There is no doubt Elkhart and coach is about baseball. Hopefully he will get those pick-up mafia in check, the cussing will give his school a bad name.

I must be naive because i thought the purpose of high school sports was for kids to compete and become better men through discipline. Not be belittled by opposing players and fans while others turn a blind eye. I am proud of the WR boys they have come a long way, but most of all i am proud because they play the game the right way

Or you could just get used to it because this taunting, yelling and such goes on through collegiate play up to professional so IMO teach your kids to #### it up and zone it out.

Or you could just get used to it because this taunting, yelling and such goes on through collegiate play up to professional so IMO teach your kids to #### it up and zone it out.

Still doesn't make it right. Just commenting on the language. Don't have anything vested with either school.

Its good to see you take so much pride in taunts, here is an idea if you want to chant join the softball team you could be the yell leader.

Not trying to bash you at all so please do not take this question as a bash. I am just trying to figure out where you stand.

Do you want baseball to be played like golf? Where making noise is not allowed.

Guest troup7on7

Supporting your team by yelling ( for your team is a great part of baseball ) but to be cruel or abusive to the other teams players by yelling and cursing at them is uncalled for and is by no means part of baseball. I dont think that any kid should have to be put down for any team to win. And I was not at game last night so i'm not incline to talk about that game but I have seen you super coach Adair take his whole team to left field after a loss to Troup two years ago and cuss them up one side and down the other. While his asst. Coach/Wife stood at the gate and would not let parents on the field. So that is where the team gets this sportsmanship and I seen with my own two eyes and I can tell you that my kid would never play for him. So you tell me how if is going to discipline them for something that if does to them.- just saying lead by example

Guest troup7on7

I truly believe that a coach at any level has the right to get in a kids ###### if thats what is needed. In high school it is not ok to curse or to down a kid to get him to play. I have a son that has and still is playing college baseball and that is a whole diff. thing. At that level although I may not agree with it at that level there is nothing a parent can do. But if I heard a high school coach talk to my son like Coach Adair did that night, I believe you could ask any coach in troup him and i would be having a coversation and it would not happen again. It was not even a bad loss it was like 4 to 3 and if I remember correctly both teams played well

Guest troup7on7

I hope that when Elkhart comes to Troup tues. That both teams play well and that both teams sportsmanship is kept go check. I truly think that this will be a good game and Troup parents will be cheering on thier team but they will never down or say anything bad about Elkharts

Players and I hope we can expect the same from the Elk's fans

7 on 7 I will not deny that I have been known to take kids into the corner and yell at them. In the early days of my career that would have included inapproiate language. But with the incident that you are bringing up it did not involve profanity and my wife was not at the gate to keep parents from coming on the field, that is completely your opinion as to why she was standing there. I took the team to the corner not an individual. I will not apologize for getting onto my team after a game. Unfortunately, you witnessed one game and my reaction to that one game. And I know alot of times one chance is all you get. One thing you can be sure of is that I am just as loud with my praise as I am my chewing. The Elks will be a classy group of ball players despite their Head Coach (LOL)next Tuesday and you are right, it should be a great game. We over here at Elkhart are going to worry about Sabine this Friday first. Good luck to the Troup Tigers except when they play the Elks of course.

Guest troup7on7

I appreciate your reply just stating facts on what was heard that night. I have no doubt that you expect the most out me your kids just go my opinion that was uncalled for but my opinin is mine and is not going to change the fact that we disagree. If my opinin about something that I witnessed myself has in any way offended you then so be it. This forum is here to talk cant opinions and facts. I personally dont know you i'm you so you see where my opinion comes from what I see at games. I hope that you guys have a good year and wish you the best and did not mean any disrespect towards you wife or baseball team.

It's real easy to point the finger about other teams flaws and not see your own teams flaws like when the WR pitcher came running out of the dugout jumping and yell cause he did not like the call then doing it again on the mound. Also that same player had a very good hit made around to third and instead of being so called "classy" he stands up bows his arms like some WWE wreslter, stares into our dugout and scream "WHAT'S UP, WHAT's UP". Guess yall missed that or when one of the Elkhart players was on third and the third baseman was trying to push him off of third. Missed that too huh. Next time you want to point out other players flaws ask yourself when your pointing how many fingers are pointing back at you. Further more fans and coaches don't hear half the mouthing that is done on any field of play and is usually both ways. Boys are mouths and they like to try to get in to the other teams heads. Last night I saw two teams playing a very important game and emotions were very high. As far as the MAFIA and some of the parents I don't care what you do some people are going to mouth and unless the umpire ejects them from the field noone including the AD is going to stop them. Now to adress the closing pitcher I find it very hard to believe he ran to the dugout and said that when I have pictures of him pitching the ball to first base, going back towards the mound and being mauled by his teammates but I guess what ever makes you feel better and sleep at night. GO ELKS!!!!!! As far as the comments about Coach Adair these love him and yes he is loud but he loves these boys and they know it so stay where your at if you don't like it. These two teams sre good teams and if they continue this type of playing they will both be in the play offs.

Guest troup7on7

If you look at my post never commited on last nights game. My comments on Coach Adair are facts that seen myself not opinion - i'm glad that the Elk's love him just was telling people that ( IF ) there was cursing last night that maybe they need to start with him. Now that is my opinion

Guest troup7on7

Any ways Elkhart is preparing for Sabine and Troup is preparing for Arp there will be more time for me to chat up the troup - elkhart game after friday

Blue dont worry about WR just sit over there keep recruiting and talk about how you blew out a legit 2A school. WR fans were very classy but had to put some Elks in their place throughout the night. FYI the WR right fielder had to deal with the "pick-up" mophia and got cursed every inning, and at the conclusion of the game the closer ran to the WR bench and yelled stick that up your !!! So you tell me blue who is the classy ones.

How are you gonna put them in their place whenever y'all were the ones that lost? Sounds like they kinda put you in your place. Elkhart won so obviously their "place" is above y'all.

Also, you misspelled mafia. Not sure how you managed that one but it's mafia, not MOPHIA.

Go Raiders. Considering that the Elks have just about mercy killed each team in the district, I would say that the Raiders did put some of those Elks in their place. Elkhart is one of the best teams in the state and they only won by three at home. That should open Elk eyes. In a close game, one or two plays make all the difference in the outcome. It just so happens that those couple of plays went Elkhart's way.

Also in response to the taunting of players. Sure there is going to be taunting at higher levels including college and professional baseball. I know that from experience, but what has to be understood is that this is high school. High school means these are still children playing a game. They don't need to feel unsafe because they are being personally attacked. Would any of you allow your children to use profanity towards other people? I would hope not. 99% of these players are never going to play in college, so they really don't need to get used to it. It would be beneficial to all the players if everyone would "class up" a bit, and that includes every school I have seen this year and in the past. Some of these posts have proven the point I am trying to make. Just remember, what goes around is surely to come back around. Stay classy!