20 - 2A District Starts Friday

DAWG17

Joaquin beats EF 8-1.....Any other final scores?

Have to say that this one is a surprise, an old friend of mine from marshall said that EF committed some eras but Joaquin played hard..looks like this race could get tight, but who knows there is alot of baseball left

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harleton 4-0

EF 3-1

Waskom 2-2

Jefferson 2-2

Joaquin 1-3

Tatum 0-4

So the only team with decent fundamentals is Harleton by what i gather....Good friend tells me that Harleton is sound but no stand-outs and the rest are just lucky to all be playing each other at a low level of play. This districts stands to be beat in the first round with the exception of Harleton who gets the bye

So the only team with decent fundamentals is Harleton by what i gather....Good friend tells me that Harleton is sound but no stand-outs and the rest are just lucky to all be playing each other at a low level of play. This districts stands to be beat in the first round with the exception of Harleton who gets the bye

I wouldn't call it a low level of play, its more an inconsistant level. There is a lot of very young teams in the district that are talented and can play with or beat anybody around on any given night. I know for a fact that EF, Tatum, a has several freshmen and sophmores at some very important positions. Joaquin is completley made of freshmen and sophmores up there middle with the exception of the catcher, with there #1 and #2 being a sophmore and freshman. So there will definitley be some good ball teams coming out of this district in the years to come.....

Harleton has the kind of team (alot of good, young athletes) that you're not sure how deep they could go in the playoffs. Steady pitching, steady hitting, good defense, and fundamentally sound. Everything goes through Central Heights...

I wouldn't call it a low level of play, its more an inconsistant level. There is a lot of very young teams in the district that are talented and can play with or beat anybody around on any given night. I know for a fact that EF, Tatum, a has several freshmen and sophmores at some very important positions. Joaquin is completley made of freshmen and sophmores up there middle with the exception of the catcher, with there #1 and #2 being a sophmore and freshman. So there will definitley be some good ball teams coming out of this district in the years to come.....

Inconsistent, seems to be the theme with this district from what I gather from people. I will go along with that being a direct effect of playing freshmen. That being said, I have also watched teams of 6+ freshmen play sound but not get over the 1or 2 rd mark in the playoffs...then come in as jr and sr's and take the region and state with it being "theirs to lose". In this district I just dont get that same vibe...It seems that these kids are decent at best and have been living in the shadows of past solid athletes. Unless they just aren't getting enough practice or coaching(none of which i am accussing), this district just doesnt play to the caliber of other young teams in the region.

Inconsistent, seems to be the theme with this district from what I gather from people. I will go along with that being a direct effect of playing freshmen. That being said, I have also watched teams of 6+ freshmen play sound but not get over the 1or 2 rd mark in the playoffs...then come in as jr and sr's and take the region and state with it being "theirs to lose". In this district I just dont get that same vibe...It seems that these kids are decent at best and have been living in the shadows of past solid athletes. Unless they just aren't getting enough practice or coaching(none of which i am accussing), this district just doesnt play to the caliber of other young teams in the region.

Dude, don't get on a website and bash young players and teams when YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN A 20-AA DISTRICT GAME.

We'll see how the district pans out in the playoffs when the playoffs come.

Dude, don't get on a website and bash young players and teams when YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN A 20-AA DISTRICT GAME.

We'll see how the district pans out in the playoffs when the playoffs come.

Yes we will. Playoffs will settle everything.