20 - 2A District Starts Friday

DAWG17

Game was called off in the 5th or 6th, It was 10- 6 Tatum.. my source says he thinks they are finishing it tomorrow. so If the game ended 10-6 what will that mean? doesnt tatum have to win by 5? i am confused.

If game was called after 5 complete innings then the team winning should get the game i believe..

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind, found it.

(3) Exception To Resolve District Ties.

(A) Two Schools Tied. To resolve a two-way tie, the district executive committee may

authorize a single elimination game. The tie breaking game may be in addition to the 19 allowed games but may not be played as an exception to the school week limitation.

(B) Three or More Schools Tied. If three or more schools are tied, the district executive committee may authorize a single elimination tournament in addition to the total number of games and tournaments allowed for the season.

Sack Em, both of their games were postponed.

Harleton 2 Elysian Fields 1 in the top of the 4th.

Jefferson 2, Waskom 0 in the 3rd.

If Elysian Fields was to beat Harleton as Well as Jefferson Beating Waskom then we will have a 4way tie for 2nd & 3rd.

Only we wont have a tie is if Waskom beats jefferson, and Harleton Beats Elysian Fields.

Thanks to all of those that have given congratulatory wishes. I am so proud of our players for never giving up and giving us a shot at the play-offs. I hope I can clarify some of the seeding questions…..district rank is determined by win % and head to head. The teams tied will have the same win %, and if I am not mistaken we have all split our head to head games. This means we will have to flip a coin or draw names to determine who gets to play who for seeding purposes.

I am working on finding all of us a place to play Friday and Saturday. Geographically, Carthage is in the center, but CHS plays Friday night and Panola has a DH Saturday.

Coach DePriest

Thanks to all of those that have given congratulatory wishes. I am so proud of our players for never giving up and giving us a shot at the play-offs. I hope I can clarify some of the seeding questions…..district rank is determined by win % and head to head. The teams tied will have the same win %, and if I am not mistaken we have all split our head to head games. This means we will have to flip a coin or draw names to determine who gets to play who for seeding purposes.

I am working on finding all of us a place to play Friday and Saturday. Geographically, Carthage is in the center, but CHS plays Friday night and Panola has a DH Saturday.

Coach DePriest

What happens if EF wins and Jefferson losses, that would put Joaquin, Tatum, and EF all at 5-5. Would Joaquin recieve the bye since they beat EF both games?

What happens if EF wins and Jefferson losses, that would put Joaquin, Tatum, and EF all at 5-5. Would Joaquin recieve the bye since they beat EF both games?

I'm no professional, but 2steps that sounds fair to me...cause techically Joaquin were the only one with the sweep of the three if they beat EF both times. On the other-hand i have a feeling it wont be that easy being Joaquin is the new"baby" in the district...once again it looks like a crochet knot, and goodluck to all involved

I'm no professional, but 2steps that sounds fair to me...cause techically Joaquin were the only one with the sweep of the three if they beat EF both times. On the other-hand i have a feeling it wont be that easy being Joaquin is the new"baby" in the district...once again it looks like a crochet knot, and goodluck to all involved

Don't believe you are right on Joaquin being the only one to sweep all 3. Because Tatum went 5 and 0 and swept the second round. If we go with your reasoning then Tatum is the only one to beat Harleton so they should go in.Harleton swept the first round so they are in Then put Tatum in because they swept the second round.

So luckdog we might ought to go with the district determination instead of your reasoning.

Don't believe you are right on Joaquin being the only one to sweep all 3. Because Tatum went 5 and 0 and swept the second round. If we go with your reasoning then Tatum is the only one to beat Harleton so they should go in.Harleton swept the first round so they are in Then put Tatum in because they swept the second round.

So luckdog we might ought to go with the district determination instead of your reasoning.

He is saying, Joaquin would be the only team to have a sweep of one of the three teams involved. Another words , they beat Elysian Fields both times, where the others split. . I hope they will just coinflip for bye

He is saying, Joaquin would be the only team to have a sweep of one of the three teams involved. Another words , they beat Elysian Fields both times, where the others split. . I hope they will just coinflip for bye

But he didn't say sweep one of the teams involved he said " the only one to sweep all 3". And I was saying if he wants to make up rules after the fact then I could make up a rule favoring my team after the fact and that is the reason we should follow the rules set before the games were played.

Anybody playing today?

i didnt word that right...i meant joaquin is only one to sweep of the teams left in this situation....sir

Waskom's out! So three way tie for second between Jefferson, Joaquin, and Tatum. Tatum gets the bye, Jefferson and Joaquin to play Friday at 6 in Hallsville, the winner to play Tatum at 1 on Saturday in Hallsville.

ha beat me to it..

So Tatum is in the playoffs no matter what correct? Winner on Saturday gets #2 seed and would play DF while loser on Sat will get 3rd seed and play Harmony?

Anyone know?