20 - 2A District Starts Friday

DAWG17

Inconsistent, seems to be the theme with this district from what I gather from people. I will go along with that being a direct effect of playing freshmen. That being said, I have also watched teams of 6+ freshmen play sound but not get over the 1or 2 rd mark in the playoffs...then come in as jr and sr's and take the region and state with it being "theirs to lose". In this district I just dont get that same vibe...It seems that these kids are decent at best and have been living in the shadows of past solid athletes. Unless they just aren't getting enough practice or coaching(none of which i am accussing), this district just doesnt play to the caliber of other young teams in the region.

Harleton being the exception-they have 3 sophs on the infield that are airtight. The 2nd baseman is probably around the top of E Texas in hitting. Only 4 loses this year-getting a pretty good vibe now?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, don't get on a website and bash young players and teams when YOU HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN A 20-AA DISTRICT GAME.

We'll see how the district pans out in the playoffs when the playoffs come.

There is no bashing going on...re-read my post. Just simplying stating that inconsistency seems to play a big part in this district of young teams. I have watched teams in this district play...an a few in 19 and 21-2A. Like you said the playoffs will reveal who is playing consistent, clean baseball

Any scores from last Friday...Harleton was "inconsistent" again against E.F. 15-5.

People, you have to read the whole thread....the inconsistent comes to the #2, #3 in this district. Whoever that might be. I from day one of this thread have said Harleton is #1 for this district and the other two are ? marks. If this is not true, please explain and learn to read whole thread.

Wow...alot of ball still left in this district. Looks like Tatum and EF are not laying down just yet and Joaquin still has a glimmer as well. I believe Harleton won 4-1 in a close one at home against Joaquin. look-out 20-2A the race is on!

8-1 Harleton over Joaquin...play Jefferson Tuesday

I believe the standings are as follows

Harleton 7-0 Jefferson- Tatum- EF

EF 4-3 Joaquin- Jefferson- Harleton

Jefferson 3-4 Harleton- EF- Waskom

Joaquin 3-4 EF- Waskom- Tatum

Waskom 2-5 Tatum- Joaquin- Jefferson

Tatum 2-5 Waskom- Harleton- Joaquin

not sure but think this is how it stands

I believe the standings are as follows

Harleton 7-0 Jefferson- Tatum- EF

EF 4-3 Joaquin- Jefferson- Harleton

Jefferson 3-4 Harleton- EF- Waskom

Joaquin 3-4 EF- Waskom- Tatum

Waskom 2-5 Tatum- Joaquin- Jefferson

Tatum 2-5 Waskom- Harleton- Joaquin

not sure but think this is how it stands

so any takers on who wins the 2nd and 3rd spot....???

Harleton- Lock Down on 1st Place Spot , unless something crazy happens and Elysian Fields wins out, and Harleton Loses out, then I think they still would have 1st. I see them Winning out though.

Elysian Fields- 4-3 . I feel has the hardest schedule left. They Have Joaquin tomorrow night , Then Jefferson, then Harleton. 3 Tough teams in a row. If they lose tomorrow night to Joaquin, I Believe they will HAVE to beat Jefferson. (ASSUMING NOBODY BEATS HARLETON). If they win Tomorrow night & beat Jefferson they will be the 2nd place team,.

Jefferson- 3-4 . Has Harleton, EF & Waskom. Probably will lose to Harleton tomorrow, and Will Need to Win Out, and Wants a Joaquin loss tomorrow.

Joaquin 3-4.. Has EF, Waskom & Tatum- Probably has the Easiest schedule left of the playoff contenders, although you really cant tell being Tatum just won this past week.. If Joaquin beats EF tomorrow, and 1 of the other 2, I believe they lock up a playoff spot. If Joaquin wins out they will be the 2nd Place Team.

Tatum & Waskom, I dont really see them being able to make the playoffs. There are so many different scenarios though, the above was pretty much just guesses, so i dont know. The biggest game tomorrow is Elysian Fields & Joaquin.

Somebody Wanted a guess so here is mine.

Harleton Finishes (10-0) 1st Spot

Joaquin Wins out (6-4) 2nd Spot

EF Loses to Joaquin & Harleton but Beats Jefferson (5-5) 3rd Spot.