4. A&M CONSOLIDATED – 16-3 (4-0)

5. MISSION SHARYLAND – 18-1 (4-0)

6. EL PASO FRANKLIN – 18-2 (4-0)

7. LANGHAM CREEK – 15-2 (3-1)

8. AUSTIN WESTLAKE – 18-3 ( 0-0 )

9. SOUTHLAKE CARROLL – 15-4 (4-0)

10. LAREDO UNITED – 15-1 (4-0) tie

10. CLEAR SPRINGS – 15-3 (4-0) tie

Other teams receiving votes: Stony Point, Plano, Colleyville Heritage, CC Carroll, Spring Branch Memorial, New Braunfels,

4A:

1. HIGHLAND PARK – 19-2 (5-0)

2. WACO MIDWAY – 17-2 (1-0)

3. BRENHAM – 17-4 (4-0)

4. CALALLEN – 18-3 (4-0)

5. ROCKWALL HEATH – 19-3 (4-0)

6. EL PASO RIVERSIDE – 13-3 (0-0)

7. LAMAR CONSOLIDATED – 13-4 (4-0)

8. FRISCO – 16-3 (4-0)

9. CARROLLTON CREEKVIEW – 12-2 (4-0)

10. BOERNE CHAMPION – 17-5 (5-0)

Other teams receiving votes: Mesquite Poteet, Smithson Valley, Hallsville

3A:

1. WEST – 14-3

2. PLEASANT GROVE – 15-3

3. LUCAS LOVEJOY – 14-4

4. ROBINSON – 13-4

5. ROBSTOWN – 11-4

6. LUBBOCK COOPER – 17-3

7. LLANO – 14-4

8. PRINCETON – 16-2

9. LONGVIEW SPRING HILL – 16-2

10. WIMBERLEY – 14-4

2A:

1. BROCK- 13-2

2. CENTRAL HEIGHTS – 16-2

3. TROY – 18-1

4. CROCKETT – 14-4

5. NEW WAVERLY – 12-4

6. FRANKLIN – 12-3

7. COMFORT – 11-5

8. HUGHES SPRINGS – 14-3

9. ROGERS – 14-4

10. SUNNYVALLE – 12-4

1A:

1. WINDTHORST – 12-7

2. CAYUGA – 11-0

3. SHELBYVILLE – 9-4

4. BLUE RIDGE – 11-4

5. VALLEY MILLS – 12-1

6. CARLISLE – 8-3

7. GARRISON – 10-3

8. EVADALE – 8-0

9. BREMOND – 8-3

10. STAMFORD – 5-1

These are the top ten (10) teams for the state of Texas as of March 24, 2011

Thanks for posting. I had the top 5 for 2a right besides Troy being ahead of Crockett but they are 18-1. The only ones that seem to make me wonder are Comfort and possibly Sunnyvalle, the others look about right for now.

Even though Crockett got a convincing win over New Waverly, I didn't see them jumping two spots. I figured they would just trade out with New Waverly. Surprised to see Comfort still hanging around too. I'm sure there are a couple of area teams hanging around on the fringe of jumping into the 2A poll, but gotta wait for someone to falter first.

1A is looking tougher and tougher. Six east Texas teams in the top 10.

Even though Crockett got a convincing win over New Waverly, I didn't see them jumping two spots. I figured they would just trade out with New Waverly. Surprised to see Comfort still hanging around too. I'm sure there are a couple of area teams hanging around on the fringe of jumping into the 2A poll, but gotta wait for someone to falter first.

1A is looking tougher and tougher. Six east Texas teams in the top 10.

Good points. Who do you see that should be ahead of Crockett?

Thanks for posting. I had the top 5 for 2a right besides Troy being ahead of Crockett but they are 18-1. The only ones that seem to make me wonder are Comfort and possibly Sunnyvalle, the others look about right for now.

Sunnyvale deserves to be ranked. They have played a very tough schedule thus far and it only gets tougher from here. Besides Palmer and Eustace in their district, they are playing Highland Park, Bishop Lynch, and Mildred. This to go along with already playing Central Heights, Edgewood, Crandall, Harmony, FW Christian, Ponder, 5A Garland Lakeview, and Van to name a few. Their four losses have all come to really good teams and they have had key players injured all year. They also got 4 starters real late due to basketball. They beat 3A state ranked Crandall (3Abaseball.com) 17-4 on Saturday and scored 33 runs in their first district game on Tuesday. I guess I'm a little biased since the team I follow was the one they scored 33 against on Tuesday. lol

Good points. Who do you see that should be ahead of Crockett?

Brock has been solid all year and I think they should be up there. Central Heights hasn't done anything to lose their spot either, but I see Crockett and Central Heights as equals. Troy maybe, their record looks really good, but I don't know what their competition has been like, especially in district. I'd have to go along with how you had it and 1. Brock 2. Central Heights 3. Crockett 4. Troy 5. New Waverly

Defending champs and all losses are to good 2A and 3A teams. Personally I would like to see Cayuga fall off the radar. Hopefully we'll be there when it counts.

I would hope they would not fall off the radar, because that would mean they would start losing. Under the radar maybe, but this is an experienced group of kids who can handle the pressure. I believe this shows off all of Cayuga's hard work. With the pitching offense and much better defense who has not gotten a chance to show it off, they will be hard to beat.

Regarding the Class 3A rankings, if Spring Hill and Princeton have better records than everyone else, why are they at the bottom of the pile and not at the top?

Hey...lets leave that be. We don' need that target followqing us around. One game at a time and if they take us out of the ranking it's good by me. The kids are working hard and playing as a team. Let's just let the chips fall and stay in the background. They're going to be fine. Let's leave them at nine or even off entirely. If you have watched them you understand.

Hey...lets leave that be. We don' need that target followqing us around. One game at a time and if they take us out of the ranking it's good by me. The kids are working hard and playing as a team. Let's just let the chips fall and stay in the background. They're going to be fine. Let's leave them at nine or even off entirely. If you have watched them you understand.

I have been to every game, so I do understand!

I would hope they would not fall off the radar, because that would mean they would start losing. Under the radar maybe, but this is an experienced group of kids who can handle the pressure. I believe this shows off all of Cayuga's hard work. With the pitching offense and much better defense who has not gotten a chance to show it off, they will be hard to beat.

Fall off was a poor choice of words. You are very correct, these kids can handle the pressure. What I've enjoyed most is the way these kids run the bags. Gunnar has always hustled every play and it seems the others have followed suit. You can tell they are well coached.

Don't know much about Troy, how did they jump so far?

Troy alwasys has a solid club. From what ive seen the competition level has not been that great but they are still 18-1....and I would like to know who that loss came to.