Track Meets

KarnackKing

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what is wrong with America....cheering for the mediocre. Should we give him an "effort" medal?

I can think of lot's of things that are wrong with America:

Illegal Immigration

Deadbeats on welfare

Lack of Reverence for the Almighty

Lack of Reverence for the Sanctity of Life

The breakdown of the Family Unit

Disinterested Students

Disinterested Parents

Disinterested Teachers

Lack of Work Ethic

Crystal Meth Tweakers

Rachel Maddow

But, cheering on a student/athlete competing in a sporting event is most definitely NOT what's wrong with America.

ok troll you win.

Last I checked, us white folks can make a "Wooooooo" sound too. It's a sound of relief after a tough race. I sometimes make that sound after im done in the restroom, but that is a bit TMI. So yes, it's ignorant with some unintentional racial undertones.

I can think of lot's of things that are wrong with America:

Illegal Immigration

Deadbeats on welfare

Lack of Reverence for the Almighty

Lack of Reverence for the Sanctity of Life

The breakdown of the Family Unit

Disinterested Students

Disinterested Parents

Disinterested Teachers

Lack of Work Ethic

Crystal Meth Tweakers

Rachel Maddow

But, cheering on a student/athlete competing in a sporting event is most definitely NOT what's wrong with America.

You left off:

Deadbeat fathers, Lindsay Lohan, and that show "Glee"

Since public education is going down the drain, the coaching world is soon to be gone I decided to rant about track meets and what makes them wonderful:

1. If I hear a coach or kid say "PR" one more time, I'm gonna drown myself.

2. I enjoy coaches that sprint sideline to sideline screaming times.

3. Pole Vault needs to last longer and i'm shocked I have never witnessed a broken something or death during the event.

4. Long distance kids.....freaks

5. Backpacks and visors

6. Track girls that lay up under the bleachers all day, listen to ipods and eat, but event time, they've hurt something and can't go.

7. More tattoos

8. New excuses every meet.

Your #2 is a classic...Could not stand those morons that would do that. Chill out and watch your athletes I say. Cant do all of that at regionals and state so why do they do that everywhere else? Great list

Your #2 is a classic...Could not stand those morons that would do that. Chill out and watch your athletes I say. Cant do all of that at regionals and state so why do they do that everywhere else? Great list

The person I remember executing # 2 was a parent.

At least his kid was and is a top runner, it made it all that much more entertaining, as he got older, because he was so fast, Dad had trouble keeping up.

Now he's running sub 5 miles, I doubt he is still doing it...

The person I remember executing # 2 was a parent.

At least his kid was and is a top runner, it made it all that much more entertaining, as he got older, because he was so fast, Dad had trouble keeping up.

Now he's running sub 5 miles, I doubt he is still doing it...

Alot of track meets these days are making coaches and teammates stand 10 yards back of the track and not alloying any running besides warm-ups on the in-field. Well, the 4 that I've been to this year, 3 have not allowed the coaches to run from side to side to yell out times. They made them pick a spot and yell.

Last I checked, us white folks can make a "Wooooooo" sound too. It's a sound of relief after a tough race. I sometimes make that sound after im done in the restroom, but that is a bit TMI. So yes, it's ignorant with some unintentional racial undertones.

You left off:

Deadbeat fathers, Lindsay Lohan, and that show "Glee"

True, True, and True............................ I am going to add reality TV to that, except Swamp People.

True, True, and True............................ I am going to add reality TV to that, except Swamp People.

All of the reality shows on Discovery are fun to watch. The Deadliest Catch was one of my favorites for a while. Swamp people hijacked the #1 spot after I watched the marathon last week of season 1.

Since public education is going down the drain, the coaching world is soon to be gone I decided to rant about track meets and what makes them wonderful:

1. If I hear a coach or kid say "PR" one more time, I'm gonna drown myself.

2. I enjoy coaches that sprint sideline to sideline screaming times.

3. Pole Vault needs to last longer and i'm shocked I have never witnessed a broken something or death during the event.

4. Long distance kids.....freaks

5. Backpacks and visors

6. Track girls that lay up under the bleachers all day, listen to ipods and eat, but event time, they've hurt something and can't go.

7. More tattoos

8. New excuses every meet.

Haha great list. Just one question, on #1 what does PR mean?

"The wooing sound black folks make during the sprints"???? How is that not racist?

In the interest of educating people from East Texas so that they are not unintentionally racist in the future, why don't you let this person know why it is racist?

Was it because he said black folks, instead of African Americans?

Was it because he pointed out something that he had seen several people of one ethnicity do this same thing and pointed it out?

Please explain what is racist. Would it have been okay if he had said "They way white folks always get beat in the sprint events."?

Not trying to be rude, just trying to prevent future accidental racism....

BTW, I have never in my life attended a track meet, so I don't know what it is that any of you speak of...including a WOOOOOO sound....

In the interest of educating people from East Texas so that they are not unintentionally racist in the future, why don't you let this person know why it is racist?

Was it because he said black folks, instead of African Americans?

Was it because he pointed out something that he had seen several people of one ethnicity do this same thing and pointed it out?

Please explain what is racist. Would it have been okay if he had said "They way white folks always get beat in the sprint events."?

Not trying to be rude, just trying to prevent future accidental racism....

BTW, I have never in my life attended a track meet, so I don't know what it is that any of you speak of...including a WOOOOOO sound....

Personally, I think "white folks" is offensive. We should be called European Americans (even though most "white folks" were not born in Europe).

As it has been pointed out, it may not be construed as racism but more ignorance. If you made that statement in Dallas, you would be killed or beat up pretty badly. East Texas is a little behind in times.Just as one big time private school coach(where people pay money to send their children) spelled allowing as a-l-l-o-y-i-n-g. Just things like that. And anyone who doesn't understand construed, you can go to www.dictionary.com. I hope this helps clarify things for BlueHaze and others who may be confused about this conversation. At times it may be of your best interest to be quite and not show your ignorance. I'm not by any means a genius but "get out a little more often".

As it has been pointed out, it may not be construed as racism but more ignorance. If you made that statement in Dallas, you would be killed or beat up pretty badly. East Texas is a little behind in times.Just as one big time private school coach(where people pay money to send their children) spelled allowing as a-l-l-o-y-i-n-g. Just things like that. And anyone who doesn't understand construed, you can go to www.dictionary.com. I hope this helps clarify things for BlueHaze and others who may be confused about this conversation. At times it may be of your best interest to be quite and not show your ignorance. I'm not by any means a genius but "get out a little more often".

You get out a little more often? I was in the Navy. I lived in upstate NY, Charleston, and San Diego. I spent 8 years of my life outside of East Texas (I'm only 30 so that's a pretty good portion.) Don't give me that. The thing I have seen is a hyper-sensitivity when someone says something about people of a different ethnicity. Did he mean it to be racist or was it just an observation he made about a group of people? I understand being upset if someone is trying to put down a group of people with their ignorance, but if it's a lack of understanding, don't just call someone a racist. Tell him why you think what he said is racist. Try and explain it so that these things are cleared up. That's where we should be going with these race conversations. Many things that people call "racist" are really just a lack of understanding different people. And if we can't have these conversations in a way that leads to understanding, we aren't solving anything.