Brannon Kidd resigns at Rains, Lester recommended

Smoaky

Brannon Kidd resigned as AD/Football Coach at Rains High School and assistant Jeff Lester will be recommended to replace him.

Kidd was 2-28 in three years at Rains, and is among the candidates being interviewed for the athletic director opening at Tyler I.S.D.

Lester has been an assistant at Rains on two occasions, including most recently as head track coach and secondary coach.

I wish Brannon the best. I was childhood friends with him growing up in the Metroplex. Wherever he lands, he will be on his feet and running. Finish your Master's degree and let me know where you wind up, Brannon. Rains was a tough place to begin a HC/AD job and a very tough district.

Jeff Lester will be an outstanding hire for Rains. Honestly, he should have gotten the job 3 years ago. Highly respected by kids and parents, a guy of high moral and ethical character and a real energizer. He'll be a rallying point. They didn't hire him before because he lacked head coaching experience but he has that now.

Jeff Lester will be an outstanding hire for Rains. Honestly, he should have gotten the job 3 years ago. Highly respected by kids and parents, a guy of high moral and ethical character and a real energizer. He'll be a rallying point. They didn't hire him before because he lacked head coaching experience but he has that now.

I wish Coach Lester the best. Rains will be a hard place to be successful. JMO

While Rains is a tough place to win, for sure, it's not been that many years since they had a 3 year playoff run. Going back to more of a system that fits the personnel, rather than trying to fit personnel into a system (particularly on offense), will have them winning more games next year than they've won the past 3 years combined (ok they would only have to win 3, but the principle remains). Lester knows those kids and was there when they were winning. He'll build a belief into them and get the most out of them, whether that's 3 wins or 7

While Rains is a tough place to win, for sure, it's not been that many years since they had a 3 year playoff run. Going back to more of a system that fits the personnel, rather than trying to fit personnel into a system (particularly on offense), will have them winning more games next year than they've won the past 3 years combined (ok they would only have to win 3, but the principle remains). Lester knows those kids and was there when they were winning. He'll build a belief into them and get the most out of them, whether that's 3 wins or 7

The kids are never the problem in a place like that, its more the parents and community. What is the definition of successful? Making the playoffs when they take 3 teams? I think no. Correct me if I am wrong but the wildcats have never been past the 3 round and they only reached the 3rd round once. I wish Lester luck, but I think anybody will struggle there. JMO

Atleast they have enjoyed sucess, I can think of a handful of programs right now that wish they had a three year playoff run in the past as a building block to reengergize their program. Some schools just aren't football schools.

Lester is just going to be the head coach I believe. Think they gave the AD job to Wellman. The high school principal.

Sure Lester is a good guy but he will not win there. NO ONE will win at Rains. EVER!!!! The only time they will make the playoffs is if they get in some district that doesn't even have football or a new program. Well if Alba and Rains could have a two team district then maybe, but only maybe.

Lester is just going to be the head coach I believe. Think they gave the AD job to Wellman. The high school principal.

Sure Lester is a good guy but he will not win there. NO ONE will win at Rains. EVER!!!! The only time they will make the playoffs is if they get in some district that doesn't even have football or a new program. Well if Alba and Rains could have a two team district then maybe, but only maybe.

Your are absolutely right.

Wellman was the interim AD. Jeff Lester will be the AD/Head Football Coach. Good luck to him!