Any good Basketball Camps that are being held this summer?

fiapoly

Depends on what you're looking for, how far you're willing to travel and how much you are willing to pay.

If you're looking for basic skills development, Don Eddy Basketball Camps are okay. They are located all over the state. Plus, they have a spiritual development aspect to them. Go to debb.com for information.

If you are looking for advanced competion and skills development for an above average player, I'd recommend Five Star. They have camps in Waco and Duncanville this summer plus throughout the nation. If you want to play against some of the best players in the state, the nation and the world or if you want to start getting on some recruiting lists, this would be the place to go. 5starbball.com is the website

I haven't been yet, but it is my understanding that Point Guard College is one of the strongest programs in the country. Point Guard College has locations throught the country and is for serious high school players. They have just started a camp called Prep School for 7th through 10th graders that is kind of a PGC primer. My 7th grader is going this summer, so we'll see. They have a camp at TWU in Denton in July. Go to pgc.com for more info.

Advantage Basketball Camps are okay for shooting and ball handling. The closest location is Lewisiville and they have camps during the summer, at Christmas and over spring break. Don't have the website but you can google it.

Most colleges and universities have camps. I couldn't recommend one over another. These are usually viewed as opportunities for coaches to pick up a little extra money so there's no telling what you're going to get.

My experience with high school camps is not great. This is especially true in East Texas where basketball plays 2nd fiddle to football and baseball. The high school camps I've seen are primarily day care centers in a gym. Kids run around like banshees, play knockout and have relay races. This may not be true of all camps, but it is certainly the case on the ones I've seen.

My kids have been to all of the above so if you have any more questions, I'll be happy to take a shot at answering for you. Good luck!

I would skip all the big time expensive stuff and contact Chris Grotemat at Sabine. i believe his email is on the school website. He is the closest thing to a guru that i have seen. If you want to see the clinic in person just wait around till the summer league begins and you can see him destroy his competition

TABC camp is tops.

I would skip all the big time expensive stuff and contact Chris Grotemat at Sabine. i believe his email is on the school website. He is the closest thing to a guru that i have seen. If you want to see the clinic in person just wait around till the summer league begins and you can see him destroy his competition

I thought you were.

i am but an understudy to his greatness. PGC is really expensive and you have to be serious. TABC, skills or team camps, are great. Don Eddy is good, emphasis on shooting and one on one offensive moves. Local colleges also usually host one. the advantage of HS camps is that they are far less expensive than most of the others.

i am but an understudy to his greatness. PGC is really expensive and you have to be serious. TABC, skills or team camps, are great. Don Eddy is good, emphasis on shooting and one on one offensive moves. Local colleges also usually host one. the advantage of HS camps is that they are far less expensive than most of the others.

You get what you pay for