Best ET preseason games: Chapel Hill vs. Whitehouse

johntylerfan

Well this game was an absolute BEATDOWN, but CH went on a tear straight to the 3a title game. WH will be in a rebuilding stage this year, and CH returns alot of starters from their state finalist team. This is an intriguing 3a vs. 4a match-up. These 2 schools don't like each much as well. This game is going to test if CH can beat a 4A team like WH.

Kinda feel sorry for whitehouse. Whitehouse won't be as good as last year team and combine that with a lot returning for Chapel Hill and the way they were embarassed last year to their arch rival, I can see Chapelhill winning like 42-24 ! Chapel Hill has a lot to prove with their loss in the Championship! Whitehouse will be on the rebuild maybe going to area. Anyways should be a great game and neither team counted on a automatic W !

My point exactly. CH will be a very dangerous game for WH because of their inexperience. Trust me when I say a lost to CH would NOT bode well for WH when they face MUCH better competition later on( aka JT).

Why is everyone thinking WH will just be awful? The only real concern I see with them is their d-line. Which seems to always be the case recently so no real change. On offense they return their 2 year starting QB and a group of really good WRs including Aldridge (81-1417yds). They probably wont be great (never have been to be honest) but they will be around the top of the district just like all the other recent seasons. Should be a fun year.

CH got whooped last year. Most of the kids that experienced the whooping return. Last years WH game was good for CH. After that game, the played a lot different ball. Should be a fun one to watch.

Kinda feel sorry for whitehouse. Whitehouse won't be as good as last year team and combine that with a lot returning for Chapel Hill and the way they were embarassed last year to their arch rival, I can see Chapelhill winning like 42-24 ! Chapel Hill has a lot to prove with their loss in the Championship! Whitehouse will be on the rebuild maybe going to area. Anyways should be a great game and neither team counted on a automatic W !

I wouldn't feel sorry for Whitehouse if I were you. And, I wouldn't expect anything like 42-24. Chapel Hill will be really good -- a possible state champion caliber team. But, Whitehouse will bring some athletes to the game as well. Should be a hard fought game.

Why is everyone thinking WH will just be awful? The only real concern I see with them is their d-line. Which seems to always be the case recently so no real change. On offense they return their 2 year starting QB and a group of really good WRs including Aldridge (81-1417yds). They probably wont be great (never have been to be honest) but they will be around the top of the district just like all the other recent seasons. Should be a fun year.

I'm with you on this one. I would expect a small step backwards based on the amount of seniors departing. But, there is a good nucleus of seniors and some extremely talented underclassmen coming up. The rising juniors have lost 2 games since their 7th grade year. Lots of good athletes in the junior class.

I also am not as concerned about the defensive line as I am the offensive line. The defensive line will have all new starters, that's true. But, the guys who are coming up are really strong in that area. There are a couple of potential nose guards that could be all-district type players as juniors. And, three good defensive ends (2 juniors and 1 senior) that will be very good.