0bama's answer to the High gas Prices?

OldSchool

Trade your car in.. And the sheeple who drive those gas guzzlers still follow him........ Geez, if Bush had made that stement, he would have been called cruel, heartless etc. The sheeple will let obama take their cars and we will be forced to use public transportation............just like he wants. Yep, those dems really help the little guy............. help them into more dependency and poverty.

Wasn't that the most awful thing he said...

http://www.heraldnews.com/news/x675823241/Obama-Expect-little-short-term-relief-on-gas-prices

“Gas prices? They’re going to still fluctuate until we can start making these broader changes, and that’s going to take a couple of years to have serious effect,” Obama said.

Obama needled one questioner who asked about gas prices, now averaging close to $3.70 a gallon nationwide, and suggested that the gentleman consider getting rid of his gas-guzzling vehicle.

“If you’re complaining about the price of gas and you’re only getting 8 miles a gallon, you know,” Obama said laughingly. “You might want to think about a trade-in.”

While he jets around.......

How did WE the people let this country get so out of hand???

By electing people according to party label and party platforms who for the most part vote according to party affiliation instead of personal principles.

It's time we elect independent thinkers.

One other note, even though I did not vote for Obama, lets remember who was president when the highest recorded average gas price was on July 17, 2008 as reported by AAA, when regular unleaded hit $4.114 per gallon and a barrel of oil was $145.00.

By electing people according to party label and party platforms who for the most part vote according to party affiliation instead of personal principles.

One other note, even though I did not vote for Obama, lets remember who was president when the highest recorded average gas price was on July 17, 2008 as reported by AAA, when regular unleaded hit $4.114 per gallon and a barrel of oil was $145.00.

True, but let's also remember who held Congress... the Dems. Seriously, a financial crisis was imploding, $4.114 per gallon was the least of our worries, as we lost upteen thousands and thousands worth of dollars in our 401Ks, etc.

I'm with you on this: Tru-Dat!!!

True, but let's also remember who held Congress... the Dems. Seriously, a financial crisis was imploding, $4.114 per gallon was the least of our worries, as we lost upteen thousands and thousands worth of dollars in our 401Ks, etc.

Red..

Let me first say I am neither a registered D or R. I am an Independent . I did not vote for Obama but readily admit I held my nose when I voted for McCain, another career politician who I think needs to be retired.

With that said, with respect to your post, the subject here is about Obama's answer to higher gas prices and not the loss in 401K's. But since you mentioned it here I go..................

You are right about who was "in control" in 2008 but IMO, it does not matter who was in control. If the party who is in control of Congress is the determining factor as to who runs things or lay blame, then we don't need a president. Documented history shows us that both parties have had their major screwups and you and I know neither can get along with one another. Today's in-fighting bewteen the two is just more evidence of the past and the future.

IMO, we need to do away with party affiliation and require candidates to run as Independents! I am way past tired of electing people since I was first eligible to vote in 1974 who cannot get along and conduct business in a civil manner.

Is this best our country can expect from its elected officials?

Red..

Let me first say I am neither a registered D or R. I am an Independent . I did not vote for Obama but readily admit I held my nose when I voted for McCain, another career politician who I think needs to be retired.

With that said, with respect to your post, the subject here is about Obama's answer to higher gas prices and not the loss in 401K's. But since you mentioned it here I go..................

You are right about who was "in control" in 2008 but IMO, it does not matter who was in control. If the party who is in control of Congress is the determining factor as to who runs things or lay blame, then we don't need a president. Documented history shows us that both parties have had their major screwups and you and I know neither can get along with one another. Today's in-fighting bewteen the two is just more evidence of the past and the future.

IMO, we need to do away with party affiliation and require candidates to run as Independents! I am way past tired of electing people since I was first eligible to vote in 1974 who cannot get along and conduct business in a civil manner.

Is this best our country can expect from its elected officials?

I, like you, held my nose with McCain also - I won't do it again.

Here's the problem with what you've said, though, it doesn't matter what's after their name, whether it's an I, D or an R. It's the man we're voting on, who we "hope" will follow through on their promises and what they stand for.

It's once they get there, they get polluted (and some even before they walk in the door) - or at least some, not all, but the majority of 'em, and forget about their constituents.

Doesn't matter if he's an independent, democrat or republican, it's the man. And I is just another label, doesn't mean he'll stand for what he said or promised.

Just think if everyone traded their car in how many jobs that would create.

Follow the big O's advice. Maybe he will help with the payments and keep the new car form being repo-ed (use foreclosure he is familiar with that term)

I think this Quote will rank right up there with the one from Marie A "Let them eat cake"

Nothing surprises me anymore with our pathetic excuse for legislators. Until they are all cleaned out by independent thinkers who aren't in the pockets of special interest groups or shadow corporations nothing will change.

LOL! Oh, didn't you hear, there's a cash for electric cars now...a huge cut on your income tax - HUGE CUT!

Obama now owns GM, he's trying to make sure folks buy their electric vehicles.

And agreed, Wildcat, they need to make lobbying a crime. Those lobbyists would be out of a job - maybe they can apply at local GM dealers as salesmen... LOL!

party affiliation had no part in obamalamadingdong getting elected. he could've run as a write in and the masses would've voted for him cause they thought he was black and american. of course it looks like they were wrong on both counts

^ LOL! How much ya wanna bet it'll stabilize, go back up again and stabilize, and oh, about a month before November 2012, the heavens open up, and oil pours from the sky....and Obama stands with his chin elevated... look, see what I did, the heavens opened up with oil...now go vote for me.

I like that part.