OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD

cheaptrick77

Congratulations!!!! To all the brave men and women who made it possible, and congrats to President obama, who did do something right. Message to Republicans: Bush did not want to go into Pakistan, political, I am sure. There would have been howling and knashing of teeth from the peace niks (really anti republicans). But remember, democrats will wage war, and make themselves look good with war, so dont play games next time you are in power. This is not a VietNam police action, but a war against people who hate us. The first Gulf War--We stopped-never should have. We should have allied with others, took over their country and split the oil. You know, those people over there dont understaqnd anything but BRUTE FORCE, and had we taken over, they probally would be better off under a benevolent United States.

I too would like to thank and congratulate all American military personnel for sticking to their guns (pun intended). I have often asked why we are still over in the Middle East fighting a war that seemed to go nowhere. I'm glad President Obama and his advisors stuck with the plan. I would personally like to see the US take this opportunity to bring down the hammer. And don't let Pakistan off the hook on this one.

Am I the only one that can't wait to see pics of Osama's dead body? It may sound gruesome, but I guess I need some kind of closure.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0511/bin_ladens_body_c2fb2ffb-5240-40c6-b106-956bf2ebff6a.html

"His body was 'buried' as to Muslim law." He should've been cut up in little pieces and fed to the sharks.

While we celebrate, we must, as noted above, praise our brave men and women who have lost their lives and serve on the front lines... all while their enemy was a stone's throw from Pakistan's main military base, and two hours from its capital.

Wonder how much money we've been supplying Pakistan the last 10 years????? And they say water boarding doesn't work...

Are there pictures of his dead ars available? Until now we have "birthers" and "truthers". I just heard a new buzz word..."deathers".

I read that there were pictures taken for evidence prior to burying the body at sea. It's hard to imagine this not being true as it would be complete political suicide for Obama. He's done things that are widely unpopular and could/should cost him the presidency, but if this were a lie - not only would it be the straw that broke the camel's back, it would bury the camel to the middle of the Earth where it would burn to dust.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/perm/0511/bin_ladens_body_c2fb2ffb-5240-40c6-b106-956bf2ebff6a.html

"His body was 'buried' as to Muslim law." He should've been cut up in little pieces and fed to the sharks.

While we celebrate, we must, as noted above, praise our brave men and women who have lost their lives and serve on the front lines... all while their enemy was a stone's throw from Pakistan's main military base, and two hours from its capital.

Wonder how much money we've been supplying Pakistan the last 10 years????? And they say water boarding doesn't work...

They say his body was buried to Muslim law, but I believe that is just for show. They need to mount his head on one of our battleships and sail across the world to prove the point you don't screw with the USA!

They say his body was buried to Muslim law, but I believe that is just for show. They need to mount his head on one of our battleships and sail across the world to prove the point you don't screw with the USA!

I know - just irritates me that we're "bowing" to those folks.

I totally agree with you, though.

If obama gets "full credit" for the kill, and prehaps he needs to after 2.5 years in office, then everything else: gasoline, , economy, wars are his and not Bushes fault.

Why can’t we all agree that Bush and Obama deserve dual credit and blame for all things listed?

Just a question to stir the pot a little and to play the exhaustive “if this had been” game we all love:

Do those of you who worry so much about Obama getting too much credit for this great moment in American History have a problem with the overflow of uneven credit Ronald Reagan is garnished for ending the Cold War ... when in all fairness, EVERY pre-1980 president since Truman played a role?

‘just asking! :)

I would not have mentioned it, if obama had thanked Bush last night. But of course he couldnt-- as info came frome waterboarding? Came from gitmo? Two things obama railed upon. From what I have read-- Ben Laden wouldnt even let his closets cohorts know where he was, he only used couriers. But someone at Gitmo gave up the nick name and it took years to find the guy. Yes, a great move by obama, but of course hethinks he is the center of the universe.

Of course we all know this is a ruse, as Ben Laden eased out the back door, the seals were really Muslims , gathered his blood for DNA, and buried some other AlQueda soul at sea. Ben Laden and Elvis are Yuking it up on an Indosesian Island ;)

I'm just worried how many are going to try to replace him, and how many are going to attempt to avenge his death. He has become a martyr to his followers. I've wanted him dead, but I hope we can control the aftermath.

I'm just worried how many are going to try to replace him, and how many are going to attempt to avenge his death. He has become a martyr to his followers. I've wanted him dead, but I hope we can control the aftermath.

The rest will follow his lead straight to hell with a bullet from the USA.

With bin Laden dead will the terror alerts remain orange and red? We were told they were that way because bin Laden was "living in a cave" and plotting to kill everyone.

Now that the White House has killed bin Laden can we fire the TSA and can we revoke the Patriot Act? Isn't the mission accomplished? Is the danger over? Can we bring bottled water back on airplanes again? How about those two inch long nail clippers? You can really cut someone to pieces with those nail clippers you know.

The government now says that killing Osama bin Laden makes America MORE dangerous because his followers might retaliate.

Hum? So killing bin Laden makes America less safe? Wasn't it supposed to be killing bin Laden would make us more safe?

Here is the logic of it all: G.W. said if we don't kill bin Laden, we are not safe. Obama says that we DID kill Bin Laden and that makes things less safe. Apparently, according to the U.S. government, killing them or not killing produces exactly the same result? We're all in danger, they insist, no matter who is killed.

Obviously the idea is that there is a heightened level of danger revolving around the idea of retaliation from OBL supporters and followers. This level will drop over the coming months and the world will be a safer place with OBL dead.

^ "Obviously"? OhhhhKay How many OBL supporters are there?

Panetta: We didn't see Osama bin Laden die

This has turned into a circus. I think bin Laden is dead for more than just a few days.

But in the latest nuanced twist in the official story coming from the top level of the American government, Panetta told PBS' News Hour on Tuesday that there had been "a time period of almost 20 or 25 minutes that we really didn't know just exactly what was going on."

I question if they ever know what is going on since it is so obvious.

I used the word "obviously" because revenge is a natural reaction. I remember coming off the football field from morning practice, and our athletic secretary said that a plane flew into a high rise in NY. As we watched the tower burning, we saw plane 2 fly into the second tower live. At that moment, we knew this was an attack on the US, and we (the coaches watching the TV) knew there would be immediate revenge once the US found out who planned the terroristic mission. That was a tough week to have football practice; especially at Copperas Cove High School where I coached. Most of our kids are Army kids with a parent stationed at Ft. Hood in Killeen. A lot of schools chose not to play that Friday night. At the request of Ft. Hood, we played because they knew many of the Army personnel would be leaving the base at any time.

This is similar to the killing of OBL. I can't give you a number of how many supporters OBL has, but they are out there. I don't think anyone would be surprised if there was an attempted attack in the next month or two.