Lobos Spring Football

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always post updates on recruitment and practices daily on the 5A boards. Hardly post any updates on here because of bashing, but besides that..

Sophomore QB Bivins Caraway III(5'10 195) has been practicing very well. In fact, I can't wait to see him in action come August. Athlete has some serious accuracy and power, and spreads the ball around well. Before spring, he attended The Under Armour combine in Dallas, and he was considered one of the top performing passers at the combine. He did so well, he is already listed on scout.com for recruitment.

D1 Tailback Faggans(5'9 170) has been in pads, but has had a limited roll during practice due to extended rehab to his injury. Has that slowed down the running game? Not at all. Longview is deep at the tailback position with two track stars in Sophomore Tory White(5'8 165) and Freshman Dionte Wall(5'6 160), both of him run legit 4.4 40's. Both have been tremendous running the ball. FB/Athlete Deontre Wilson(6'0 230) is seeing an increase in recruitment every day as he rips through the defense.

Perhaps the most impressive have been the WR's. D1 wideout DT Jackson(6'1 175) has had a solid tandem with Caraway. Others that have been spreaded out to is 6'2 185 TE Braden King, 6'4 180 WR Dorian Leonard(only a freshman) and others. D1 WR Eric Hawkins has yet to practice, due to his attendance to the state track meet.

O-line is maturing, led by Clark Orren(6'1 235). They still have work to do, but King will have them ready.

Defense has been the highlight of the spring. Both DE's in George Polk(6'2 200) and Larry Thomas(6'3 215) have performed well. LB's haven't been to shabby either. 3 star safety Jordan Burton has been the highlight of the spring, and recently picked up his first offer.

Kicker Madrid has adjusted well to the departure of the great Kyle Jenkins. He isn't perfect, but he is getting better daily. Another kicker to watch for is Adam Mack who also has a chance to start at kicker.

I always post updates on recruitment and practices daily on the 5A boards. Hardly post any updates on here because of bashing, but besides that..

Sophomore QB Bivins Caraway III(5'10 195) has been practicing very well. In fact, I can't wait to see him in action come August. Athlete has some serious accuracy and power, and spreads the ball around well. Before spring, he attended The Under Armour combine in Dallas, and he was considered one of the top performing passers at the combine. He did so well, he is already listed on scout.com for recruitment.

D1 Tailback Faggans(5'9 170) has been in pads, but has had a limited roll during practice due to extended rehab to his injury. Has that slowed down the running game? Not at all. Longview is deep at the tailback position with two track stars in Sophomore Tory White(5'8 165) and Freshman Dionte Wall(5'6 160), both of him run legit 4.4 40's. Both have been tremendous running the ball. FB/Athlete Deontre Wilson(6'0 230) is seeing an increase in recruitment every day as he rips through the defense.

Perhaps the most impressive have been the WR's. D1 wideout DT Jackson(6'1 175) has had a solid tandem with Caraway. Others that have been spreaded out to is 6'2 185 TE Braden King, 6'4 180 WR Dorian Leonard(only a freshman) and others. D1 WR Eric Hawkins has yet to practice, due to his attendance to the state track meet.

O-line is maturing, led by Clark Orren(6'1 235). They still have work to do, but King will have them ready.

Defense has been the highlight of the spring. Both DE's in George Polk(6'2 200) and Larry Thomas(6'3 215) have performed well. LB's haven't been to shabby either. 3 star safety Jordan Burton has been the highlight of the spring, and recently picked up his first offer.

Kicker Madrid has adjusted well to the departure of the great Kyle Jenkins. He isn't perfect, but he is getting better daily. Another kicker to watch for is Adam Mack who also has a chance to start at kicker.

king is 6'4 225 at tight end!!...dorian leanord will be a total stud!...started or played alot as a freshman on basketball team.....at 6'4 and a muscular 190

...FB/Athlete Deontre Wilson(6'0 230) is seeing an increase in recruitment every day as he rips through the defense....

I love the idea of having a true FB in the backfield again. I like that size.

Longview just re-loads every year. When is that last time the had a losing season?? I know its been a while, 4A/5A it doesnt matter they just got out and win.

'99 and '00

'99: 4-6

'00: 3-7

They have gone 104-30 since then! Playoffs each year, 7 District Championships (all last 7 years), and 2 State Championship Appearances!

'99 and '00

They have gone 104-30 since then! Playoffs each year, 7 District Championships (all last 7 years), and 2 State Championship Appearances!

That is a tribute to their coaches. They even lost both coordinators before this season and didnt miss a beat. Good luck to the Lobos next season, BEAT LUFKIN!!!! cant stand them.

'99 and '00

That 99 team still had some pretty good talent.

That is a tribute to their coaches. They even lost both coordinators before this season and didnt miss a beat. Good luck to the Lobos next season, BEAT LUFKIN!!!! cant stand them.

I actually enjoy Lufkin. Just can't stand Marshall.

I actually enjoy Lufkin. Just can't stand Marshall.

You're going to enjoy this years Marshall game. Last year it was close till end of 3rd. This year its going to be close till the end. Unless we just run away with it before then.

I'm taking off work to waatch the spring game, What about the safety that will replace the kid moving to LB?

Sophomore to be 6' 175 Stephon Maxey. Kid was an absolute beast on the freshman team this past year. True highlight reel.

What about the 6' 4'' reciever, does anyone know his 40 time, has he made any camps? I heard last year the there were two tight ends in 8th grade theat botth stood 6' 4'' or so. That will be a good set for the freshman team next season.

freshmans name is dorian leonard.....awesome athelete....has frame to pt on 25 to 30 pounds easy....will be an awesome defensive player or wide reciever if he wants....i can see him as a defensive end at about 6'5 230 by senior year or linebacker.

Are they using the indoor practice facility each day or are they keeping most of the practice outside?

Need the ol' video camera huh, lol

Every practice has been on the turf and on the practice fields.

Need the ol' video camera huh, lol

Every practice has been on the turf and on the practice fields.

I'm pretty sure, by now, the Marshall coaches know what the Lobos are all about. They may add a couple new wrinkles in every year, but we don't have a problem with knowing what the Lobos will line up and run. The trouble is that we know what is coming, just have to find a way to stop it. I think the Marshall coaches like when Longview tries to get fancy on offense, it usually leads to punts. If they just lined up and ran it 90% of the time, we would probably get worn out sooner and lose by bigger margins. How many starters return on the lobo offensive line? They will have to mature fast if they are young. The Mav D-line will be a brick wall this year, if they keep working hard. So far in spring that has been the glaring strong point.