Pine Tree gets new Stadium!

LumberHusker

i'm happy for Pine Tree. i realize this doesn't automatically make them a state contender but hopefully this will give them a much needed shot in the arm. also i hope this will encourage some of the good athletes who live in the district to go there instead of transferring. there have been some stud athletes who have transferred in the past. maybe too it will draw some who are not currently in the district to relocate there. only time will tell.

kids have already transfered out!.....stadium will just cause for finiancial problems for a fically strapped district!!....will getting much worse!!....district is totally land locked and no more housing will be built.buisinesses have left the area and moving to other side of town!....they beeter win and win big to make this viable!!....need people and a winning program!....do you really see that happening in a shrinking school district?........dont think so!....hey, nice to have a new stadium, but at what cost?

they will never be out of playing the teams they do......where they are located they will always play marshall,kilgore,jt or longview,whitehouse,hallsville,etc......pine tree dropped they ball and never did anything to upkeep what they had!!...they end up costing the taxpayer more money by neglecting the stadium they had!!!!.....longviews stadium is what about 40 years old, but they have updated and it will last another 30 years....pine tree had better win alot of games to justify and be able to pay for this!...i would like to see actual cost on stadium from bond!...pine tree will have one major problem........hmmmmmm

also, the fact that the seats and playing surface are new is not going to change the fact that the program has beeeeeeen brutal !....has a new stadium helped hallsville?...ummmmmm no.....does anyone see this proggram winning consistantly 4 or more games a year from here on out?....thats a pretty low goal also......also, i saw in the paper that pine tree is having graduation outside?hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm?. i thought the reason thet wanted to spend all that money in last bond from big new gym was for graduation inside?.....haaaaaa...pine tree is something else!....hey, good luck with new place.....i have followed pine tree and its really kinda sad there!...they could have played in cowboy stadium and the results would be the same....only saying this because during struggling times taxpayers are being charged with having to pay for something thaht probably wont make a huge difference in the actual results....but the parents will have new seats and hot dogs!!!.....good job!

also, the fact that the seats and playing surface are new is not going to change the fact that the program has beeeeeeen brutal !....has a new stadium helped hallsville?...ummmmmm no.....does anyone see this proggram winning consistantly 4 or more games a year from here on out?....thats a pretty low goal also......also, i saw in the paper that pine tree is having graduation outside?hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm?. i thought the reason thet wanted to spend all that money in last bond from big new gym was for graduation inside?.....haaaaaa...pine tree is something else!....hey, good luck with new place.....i have followed pine tree and its really kinda sad there!...they could have played in cowboy stadium and the results would be the same....only saying this because during struggling times taxpayers are being charged with having to pay for something thaht probably wont make a huge difference in the actual results....but the parents will have new seats and hot dogs!!!.....good job!

they did consider having graduation at the new Multi Purpose Center but they would have to give each graduate a limit on how many family and friends that could attend. to me that would be ok but i don't have a dog in the fight there. then there's the possibility of having more than 1 graduation but the kids want to graduate all together at the same time and i sure don't blame them for that. anyway they chose to have it outside because they wanted to do what was best for their kids.

they will never be out of playing the teams they do......where they are located they will always play marshall,kilgore,jt or longview,whitehouse,hallsville,etc......pine tree dropped they ball and never did anything to upkeep what they had!!...they end up costing the taxpayer more money by neglecting the stadium they had!!!!.....longviews stadium is what about 40 years old, but they have updated and it will last another 30 years....pine tree had better win alot of games to justify and be able to pay for this!...i would like to see actual cost on stadium from bond!...pine tree will have one major problem........hmmmmmm

___

You are probably correct on the teams PT will play in district. I think Kilgore will go down to 3A and perhaps Lindale will move back up to 4A. When the UIL does their changes in 2012. Who knows ???

Maybe more playoff games for PT in the new stadium is a way to offset some of the construction costs. What will be the seating capacity of the new Pirate stadium ?

I'm glad it passed. A lot of people worked hard and put it a lot of time to help get this to pass. I appreciate those that made such an effort. I'm also glad the visitors side will now hold more than 50 people!

Good point about the visitors side, it was certainly not up to standards. Especially for a 4A school.

I've been sort of watching this situation for a while now and I think PT's last two bond elections speak volumes about what the REAL issue is over on that side of town.

Last year's bond saw over 2,000 voters turn out and the difference was only 12 votes. This year, over 2,700 voters turned out and the difference was less than a hundred votes. The issue is that PT is clearly a divided community with divided interests. I could put it more clearly by saying that there seems to not be a strong sense of community in PT. Think about it - PT is not it's own town, but is a slice of a much larger town. Parents and kids move in and out of PT's low income housing and never really get to know their neighbors or the kids their kids go to school with. Some PT folks have lived there for generations, but probably don't have much incentive to reach out to the new, more migrant neighbors.

This means that PT will never have the built-in advantage of most 3A or 4A towns - the advantage of being the only school district in town. The teachers I know in PT tell me that the administration is really trying to promote pride and community unity. I think they are on the right track and have clearly figured out what the main problem is. It has less to do with football, although football seems to be the weakest link that PT people care the least about. It has everything to do with having community and school pride. Those who have lived in areas with great community and school pride will tell you that it is far different from just having pride in the band or pride in the football team. There is obviously much support from many PT folks for certain programs, but to us on the outside, there appears to be far less overall community and school pride. The close vote on the bond says it all.

Everything PTISD put out in the media to try to raise support for the bond actually looked like they were trying to downplay the importance of the stadium. How many Texas communities are so football-poor that they have to try to pass a new stadium bond by talking about all the other things in the bond while downplaying the stadium? To PT admins I say keep up the good work and stick to your guns. To the community I would say keep working toward that unity and positive spirit. To the new AD, stay strong, be patient, and good luck!

you sound like a disgruntled Pine Tree taxpayer who voted NO and lost. what is done is done. as the YES signs said MOVE FORWARD

gladly not one!!!!...just an outsider looking at a situation that seems to make zero sense!...good luck to them!...they will need it!....if they go 1-9 and 2-8 over next 2 years,,,then what?

So we build high school football stadiums for kids to play in based on winning? Shouldn't it be about need? The kids of pine tree that play football deserve to play in just as nice a stadium as the kids in Allen. Bottom line is, it's a bond issue put before the voters. Those who live in that community said yes. It doesn't rob the school district of any funds needed for anything else...you don't live there, so why are you concerned?

So we build high school football stadiums for kids to play in based on winning? Shouldn't it be about need? The kids of pine tree that play football deserve to play in just as nice a stadium as the kids in Allen. Bottom line is, it's a bond issue put before the voters. Those who live in that community said yes. It doesn't rob the school district of any funds needed for anything else...you don't live there, so why are you concerned?

Good post JBizzle. If the schools needed new computers, lab equimpment, or more classrooms, would we all say "No, because their test scores are too low and they don't DESERVE it"? Most communities would gladly pass a bond for those items to HELP students raise their scores. Why then should a football program have to EARN a new stadium? Maybe the new one will give them more pride and a better chance for success. You are right on the money by saying that the PT kids deserve as nice a stadium as anyone else's kids. I know this is the real world, but don't ALL kids deserve nice facilities, whether they get them or not?

actually, its not about how fancy a place you can play in!....the kids have deserved a better place to play for yearrrrrrrs!!!......bottom line is the program has been worse than bad!!!.....if you dnt want an empty 15 million dollar stadium they had better win atleast 3 games per year. hopefully they will!....and actually do they really need to spend that much on it?....just seems a bit over the top for a really struggling and shrinking district!...that was my point!!!!!....they should have not let it get to this point in the first place!...pretty embarrassing for for a non-rural school !!!!.....good luck to pine tree!

I'm glad that they finally decided to replace Pirate Stadium. Let's face it the place was a dump long before I graduated there in the late 80's. Other than football, there are also other things that are scheduled at the stadium. I could care less about band competitions, soccer, or track and field but those are hosted there as well. I hated when I saw the Jr. High Pool concreted over, and hopefully this will remove that eyesore as well.

TheFootballFan, just worry about your own school. You bring up the same old #### everyone else does about Pine Tree all the time. Just let us have a little bit of happiness over something positive and crawl back under your rock. You haven't brought anything else up that a hundred other people haven't brought up about PT football before! All your doing is stirring the pot. I read your post as blah blah blah blah blah, you are someone who likes to see him/herself type. Troll type person.

the old stadium will not go away completely. i heard some of the bleachers will be removed and i'm sure other things around it will be removed as well. actually from what i heard the field and track will remain. it will still be used for practices, little league football. it could be used for soccer tournaments if needed in case you had alot more teams in the tournament. the track will still be there for the community to use. not exactly sure what all it will be used for but the plan is to keep it.

actually, its not about how fancy a place you can play in!....the kids have deserved a better place to play for yearrrrrrrs!!!......bottom line is the program has been worse than bad!!!.....if you dnt want an empty 15 million dollar stadium they had better win atleast 3 games per year. hopefully they will!....and actually do they really need to spend that much on it?....just seems a bit over the top for a really struggling and shrinking district!...that was my point!!!!!....they should have not let it get to this point in the first place!...pretty embarrassing for for a non-rural school !!!!.....good luck to pine tree!

How bad are they shrinking? What info do you have?

How bad are they shrinking? What info do you have?

After looking at AEIS report for the district, I am wondering where you get your info.. here is what TEA has listed...

09-10 4732

08-09 4648

07-08 4627

06-07 4574 total district population..

so please explain yourself.. you seem really animated on the subject.

The new Pine Tree stadium will seat approximately 6,400 and will be built off Loop 281 (Harrison Road) near Lear Park. The new stadium will use some of Lear Park's already existing parking spaces. The stadium site isn't far from Texas 31 providing easy access from 31 and Interstate 20.