TEXAS Big 12 Champs!

Cole Green and the Horns take down the aggies 6-4 to claim the Big 12 Championship and the #1 seed in the tourney. The series win also all but guarantees UT a top 8 national seed for the CWS tourney. Hook 'Em!!

Sidenote: Series win by UT secures the ever-prestigious(srcsm) Lonestar Showdown Cup for the Horns.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea Texas has won 19 of the last 22 games over the Aggies. That's one of the things I like about Garrido's coaching. After the game when Holby Milner was being interviewed, the commentator asked him if Coach Garrido has ever said anything about how the Longhorns have owned the Aggies in baseball. Milner said that Garrido had never said anything like that, he just preaches winning every inning.

I knew it was something like 17-3 for Augie vs Childress.

Who is the daddy?

Could you imagine how much that would be rubbed in UT fan's faces on here if that record was reversed?

They finish 3rd in the BIG XII South in football, take a butt whipping in the Cotton Bowl, and think they hung the moon. LOL!

Lol at football smack from the last place team in the south. Last place. Lol last place! Can you go through the teams that rolled you at home last year? I'll start. UCLA. Next?

Also, the concept of tying is only convenient when it works for the sips eh? Anyways, last time I checked third place was better than dead last. Should I start the worse than Baylor clap?

It'll be sweet tomorrow when strip gets a W and you have to share the regular season title with us.

It'll be sweet tomorrow when strip gets a W and you have to share the regular season title with us.

I don't think you understand the idea of a 3-game series. The Longhorns have already secured the regular season BIG XII Title regardless of what happens today. If the Aggies win to put both teams at 19-8, Texas is still the champion because they won the series over the Aggies.

Kind of off topic here, but I've always been somewhat of a fan of Aggie baseball because I love baseball so much. But I'm not a fan of their retro 70's to early 80's high stirrup with white santitary socks look. I like the rest of their uniforms, but below the knee they look like the goofy, sorry kid in little league whose dad is stuck on everything 70's.

I don't think you understand the idea of a 3-game series. The Longhorns have already secured the regular season BIG XII Title regardless of what happens today. If the Aggies win to put both teams at 19-8, Texas is still the champion because they won the series over the Aggies.

Kind of off topic here, but I've always been somewhat of a fan of Aggie baseball because I love baseball so much. But I'm not a fan of their retro 70's to early 80's high stirrup with white santitary socks look. I like the rest of their uniforms, but below the knee they look like the goofy, sorry kid in little league whose dad is stuck on everything 70's.

I always wore the retro stirrups in high school so I kinda like them haha! Of course, I also like the pants legs being pulled up and not down over the cleat

I could have swore there is a rule for the Big 12 where of two teams have similar records it doesn't matter who wins the series they are co-champs. I will look it up.

Lhorn and immortal what are yalls opinions on the painted turf instead of dirt on the field?

I always wore the retro stirrups in high school so I kinda like them haha! Of course, I also like the pants legs being pulled up and not down over the cleat

I could have swore there is a rule for the Big 12 where of two teams have similar records it doesn't matter who wins the series they are co-champs. I will look it up.

Lhorn and immortal what are yalls opinions on the painted turf instead of dirt on the field?

yes, they would be co-champs, but everything in my original post is correct. UT is already champ...aggy has to win today to get a share.

Just saw a spot on Brodie Greene...what a heck of a player. Too bad he didn't get to go to Texas like he wanted to.

Lol at football smack from the last place team in the south. Last place. Lol last place! Can you go through the teams that rolled you at home last year? I'll start. UCLA. Next?

Also, the concept of tying is only convenient when it works for the sips eh? Anyways, last time I checked third place was better than dead last. Should I start the worse than Baylor clap?

UT was terrible in football this past season and must earn back the respect of people nationwide starting next season. UT was embarrassed by UCLA, BU, ISU, KSU and OSU last season. KSU has dominated UT in recent years. Your Aggies also defeated UT, but at least the Horns didn't get totally destroyed like they did against UCLA.

You were also right about A&M winning yesterday to force a co-championship for the regular season title between UT and A&M in baseball. So, congratulations to the Aggies for a good baseball season and for defeating Texas in football this past season.

I'm ready to see the baseball playoffs and very anxious about the football team this coming season. I'm quite sure we're still not going to be very good, because I don't think our offensive line will be as good as they need to be to have a successful offense. Maybe the defense will be better this season than last, but we'll see. I think next season the Longhorns will win 7-8 games (haven't looked at the schedule) and make some strides with the new offense and defense making not this coming season, but the next possibly the first time you'll see UT compete for a Big 12 - 2 championship. Then the next they could maybe try to compete with the big boys for a national championship. So, I expect it to take some time for Texas to get back being a top flight team, but they can do it.

Just so you know, it's not painted. The green turf is laid down and the areas around home plate and bases are marked and cut out with a tool that is very similar to what people use to sheer sheep. A brown colored turf is fitted and glued down in the are, and the same tool is used to even out the height of the turf.

Personally I like it because there are no bad hops, and it's much easier to maintain than dirt. My players love it because of the true hops, and they don't get strawberries from sliding on the turf. The ground #### do travel faster, and if you want to play small ball, you have to be excellent bunters because the ball will travel farther than playing on a natural surface. Originally there was concern about the small pieces of rubber in the turf. Would it stick to a wet ball, would the players have a hard time throwing the ball with a hand full of rubber pellets, and would the pellets bunch up in places where players slide. All these problems proved to not be problems at all. As schools build new stadiums, you will see more and more totally turfed fields much like we have seen with high school football fields going to turf.

The one thing that I can see where it would be a problem though is the warni track. No change in footing can be a distraction. I noticed someone during the last series was backing up for a fly ball and kept reaching back for the wall.

The one thing that I can see where it would be a problem though is the warni track. No change in footing can be a distraction. I noticed someone during the last series was backing up for a fly ball and kept reaching back for the wall.

Good point if you're backing up on a ball, but if you're running for a ball, you should notice the change in color. If you are counting on feeling the difference in your shoes, you are either A)are going to hit the wall to make the catch because you can't stop in 10 feet if you are actually running, or B) you can stop because you are not really having to run.

My OFs always hated the different surface of a warning track because of footing. It's kind of like riding a bike on a trail and hitting a patch of sand. You can easily lose your footing, and a lot of fields have cheap dirt full of large rocks for a warning track.

I prefer the different color with the same surface. And unless the OF is already playing on the wall, he should NEVER be able to back up or back peddle all the way to the warning track.

Third place is better than dead last........ amazing that the aggies remember how it feels to be dead last

We will see how it plays out for the rest of the tournament and if A&M gets hosed for a national seed bid despite having better numbers than Texas. Again, Augie very smart by avoiding playing anybody this year.

A&M was only in line for a POSSIBLE national seed IF they beat Texas, which they did not. Aggy also does not have better numbers. UT has a national seed locked up. They beat Baylor and will win today. It's a done deal.

Quit showing what a fool you are by bashing Augie. UT played a tough schedule just like they do every year.

You are absolutely correct! Texas SOS has improved from 70 to 44 and their RPI is third best----------- in Texas!! Their national seed is because, they are well, Texas, and the Media that creates them and selection committee are no better than prostitutes. Small ball and soft schedule does get you wins.

Nobody from Texas has a nationa seed locked up. As of right now, A&M is looking to be in the best position by not losing a game in the conference tourney. If they can win the next two with strip and Stilson we should get a national seed. But old school is right, A&M will probably get hosed.

The committee rewards Texas because they are a proven winner. A&M is not

Which is ridiculously dumb. They should reward on field performance, rpi, and SOS. If the Ags and horns make it to the championship game Sunday and A&M wins they'll have split their games for the year.

Which is ridiculously dumb. They should reward on field performance, rpi, and SOS. If the Ags and horns make it to the championship game Sunday and A&M wins they'll have split their games for the year.

Winning IS on-field performance...lol