TEXAS Big 12 Champs!

If they can win the next two with strip and Stilson we should get a national seed. But old school is right, A&M will probably get hosed.

H-town, I like you but you're wrong. Texas just won again today and HAS a national seed in hand, even if they don't reach the championship. Look at any of the projections. A&M's only chance for a nat seed was to beat UT in last weekends series....they did not.

BTW, Stilson has a torn something (labrum?), and is done for the year. Sorry to hear that for you guys.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H-town, I like you but you're wrong. Texas just won again today and HAS a national seed in hand, even if they don't reach the championship. Look at any of the projections. A&M's only chance for a nat seed was to beat UT in last weekends series....they did not.

BTW, Stilson has a torn something (labrum?), and is done for the year. Sorry to hear that for you guys.

Stilson being out hurts us, but if we win the tourney championship I think we will get a national seed. To do that we'd have to beat Texas, which would split the season series. If all that happens, I think both A&M and Texas get one.

The committee rewards Texas because they are a proven winner. A&M is not

Horns are ousted front the tourney by Missouri, who probally is better than Texas Southern, who took tu into extra innings. Committe does not reward horns for excellence, but for potential money it can earn by being a national seed. A&M deserves a seed more than tu. Seeding is worse than BCS.

Horns are ousted front the tourney by Missouri, who probally is better than Texas Southern, who took tu into extra innings. Committe does not reward horns for excellence, but for potential money it can earn by being a national seed. A&M deserves a seed more than tu. Seeding is worse than BCS.

Aggies have lost plenty of games to lower level opponents this year. You really make yourself sound stupid with some of your comments. UT baseball is the definition of excellence....proven over and over. That is why the committee rewards Texas, which actually is not even really the case. Plenty of times the selection committee has screwed UT over.

The aggies just love to cry evertime they feel like they are being slighted. The fact remains that they have only won ONE cws game.....ever. Until that changes, they probably won't get much respect.

The fact remains that they have only won ONE cws game.....ever. Until that changes, they probably won't get much respect.

This was a shock to me. It kind of puts the mocking of UT baseball by Aggie fans in perspective.

A&M has some of the best fans(at games) around.

A&M has some of the most idiotic fans (internet) around. Texags (not unlike smoaky) brings those who know absolutely nothing about the game, the team or the conference, out of the woodwork. The guy who hit the walk-off HR yesterday (Collazo)had short-busers wanting his scholarship pulled just 30 minutes prior to his hit. (i have the image of the big fat guy with the t-shirt that says "i'm the 15 year old girl you chatted with last night" every time i read texags.)

I've always like both programs, but when Greene went to A&M, the order changed.

Augie's "hungry lion" comment after spitting the bit in the conference tournament last year was kind of over the top.

The committee rewards Texas because they are a proven winner. A&M is not

horns have proved they are third best team in Texas this year, maybe fourth. If the committee will not give the state 3 supers and the horns get one, I would say the system is flawed and a good team gets hosed--- and I would think an A&M, TCU , or Rice super would put just as many butts in seats as in Austin, and rewards teams that were more deserving. Proven winners can have off years. Again, Augie is no fool, he purposely padded the schedule with patsies, the SOS doesnt lie.

horns have proved they are third best team in Texas this year, maybe fourth. If the committee will not give the state 3 supers and the horns get one, I would say the system is flawed and a good team gets hosed--- and I would think an A&M, TCU , or Rice super would put just as many butts in seats as in Austin, and rewards teams that were more deserving. Proven winners can have off years. Again, Augie is no fool, he purposely padded the schedule with patsies, the SOS doesnt lie.

Well, you should probably be prepared for disappointment. I sincerely doubt Texas, the state, will get 3 top 8 seeds. UT and Aggy are probably the two most likely, given aggy's performance in the Big12 tourney. Again, hats off to them for that. Overall, Texas has a better record and head to head edge on ATM. You're right SOS doesn't lie, but a high SOS does not mean a team is "great". You actually have to WIN those games. Nevertheless, you are a UT hater, and that's fine. We are all well aware of that.

Here is the projection that I think is most likely. I think the Houston regional will be paired with Austin, to avoid a possible 3rd year in-a-row UT/TCU matchup. I'm sure all four of the Texas regions will be matched up, so the Texas teams can beat each other up, while the overrated West Coast regions will likely be matched with the overrated SEC.

LSU makes cut in final bracketology

May, 29, 2011May 296:07PM ETEmail Print Comments71 By Jeremy MillsNow that the 16 host sites have been announced and the automatic bids have been handed out, here's a final look at the field. The last pick was down to Troy and Cal State Bakersfield -- the combination of Arkansas-Little Rock winning the Sun Belt title (bumping a bubble team) and a fourth Western regional gave the nod to Bakersfield.

Gainesville Regional

No. 1 Florida

Miami

Jacksonville

Bethune-Cookman

Tallahassee Regional

Florida State

Florida International

Alabama

Alcorn State

Tempe Regional

No. 8 Arizona State

UC Irvine

Kansas State

New Mexico

Los Angeles Regional

Fresno State

UCLA

Cal State Bakersfield

San Francisco

Chapel Hill Regional

No. 5 North Carolina

East Carolina

Seton Hall

Charlotte

Corvallis Regional

Oregon State

Connecticut

Creighton

Wright State

Columbia Regional

No. 4 South Carolina

Stetson

NC State

Sacred Heart

Clemson Regional

Clemson

UCF

Coastal Carolina

Austin Peay

Nashville Regional

No. 3 Vanderbilt

Southern Miss

California

Belmont

Atlanta Regional

Georgia Tech

Georgia

Georgia Southern

Manhattan

Austin Regional

No. 6 Texas

Arkansas

Texas State

Illinois

Fort Worth Regional

TCU

Oklahoma

Dallas Baptist

Oral Roberts

College Station Regional

No. 7 Texas A&M

Arizona

Mississippi State

Arkansas-Little Rock

Houston Regional

Rice

Baylor

LSU

Princeton

Charlottesville Regional

No. 2 Virginia

Oklahoma State

James Madison

Maine

Fullerton Regional

Cal State Fullerton

Stanford

Kent State

Navy

Last five in: LSU, Mississippi State, Jacksonville, Dallas Baptist, Cal State Bakersfield

First nine out: Troy, Elon, Hawaii, Mercer, Texas Tech, Ole Miss, Oregon, Southeastern Louisiana, Wichita State

Jeremy Mills is a researcher for ESPN and is a contributor to ESPN.com's college baseball coverage.

Follow ESPN.com's college sports coverage on Twitter: @ESPN_College and on Facebook.

A&M has some of the best fans(at games) around.

A&M has some of the most idiotic fans (internet) around. Texags (not unlike smoaky) brings those who know absolutely nothing about the game, the team or the conference, out of the woodwork. The guy who hit the walk-off HR yesterday (Collazo)had short-busers wanting his scholarship pulled just 30 minutes prior to his hit. (i have the image of the big fat guy with the t-shirt that says "i'm the 15 year old girl you chatted with last night" every time i read texags.)

I've always like both programs, but when Greene went to A&M, the order changed.

Augie's "hungry lion" comment after spitting the bit in the conference tournament last year was kind of over the top.

The good texagers are wanting the negative nancies to be banned. The baseball board is usually the best one.

Hasn't california had 3 supers before?

How do you figure?

I guess you guys are right. A&M better get Rice off the schedule, and play an augie schedule. And if the committee ignores SOS, then we need to figure out a better system.

Who is paired with who for supers? TCU got a hard regional, and horns an easy one.

TCU's regional is paired with Rice...that should make for a good super assuming both win

Texas A&M got a good draw assuming they take care of Arizona. FSU always chokes in the postseason

UT's regional is paired with ASU, which is a tough draw imo

TCU's regional is paired with Rice...that should make for a good super assuming both win

Texas A&M got a good draw assuming they take care of Arizona. FSU always chokes in the postseason

UT's regional is paired with ASU, which is a tough draw imo

Texas state as a 2 seed is a gift. Horns should roll through that regional. The super draw is a bit tougher.

I guess you guys are right. A&M better get Rice off the schedule, and play an augie schedule. And if the committee ignores SOS, then we need to figure out a better system.

Who is paired with who for supers? TCU got a hard regional, and horns an easy one.

C'mon OldSchool, you can't argue SOS and TCU in the same debate. Out of A&M(12), UT(44) and TCU(86), the Frogs are way down the SOS list. And I don't think Augie's schedule is much different than usual with the exception of not playing Rice this year; UT usually plays Rice 2-3 times per year. Texas always brings in a different team to start the year. This year it was Maryland, and the Horns took a nice trip to Hawaii.

Regardless of SOS, Texas held it's own against the higher ranked opponents. Record against TOP 50 RPI: UT 18-7(.720), A&M 19-10(.655). When you look at head to head, UT comes out on top 2-1. So the Aggies did not get hosed.

TCU didn't help themselves by losing twice to New Mexico, a team that was 4-24(.143) against the TOP 50 RPI, in the MWC Tournament. I also agree that TCU might be in some trouble in their regional because Oklahoma swept New Mexico 4 games to 0 just two weekends ago.

Super Regional Pairings:

TCU/Oklahoma paired with Rice/Baylor *Rice has been hot and cold throughout the year, could be an interesting

A&M/Arizona paired with Florida St/UCF *Florida St. is as tough as it gets IMO

UT/Texas St paired with Arizon St/Arkansas *A match up with Arkasas would be cool, Charlotte could also come out of that region

3 teams enter the regionals with a losing record:

Alcorn St. 27-28

Univ. Arkansas-Little Rock 24-32

New Mexico 20-39 (*This is why TCU has a difficult region, OU probably deserved it more than TCU)

Texas state as a 2 seed is a gift. Horns should roll through that regional. The super draw is a bit tougher.

Yeah, but don't forget those sumbeeches beat us in 7 on 7 last summer. If they beat us in baseball, it could set us back for years and force a roll over in the coaching staff.

Much as I think the committee is wrong, there is a chance for three Texas teams in CWS. What a way to break in new stadium!! Possible A&M -horn finale, if they are on different brackets?

I agree, the committee did a better job of spreading out the Texas teams where more than 1 or 2 could make it to Omaha, like they usually do. Can't wait for Friday

Yeah, but don't forget those sumbeeches beat us in 7 on 7 last summer. If they beat us in baseball, it could set us back for years and force a roll over in the coaching staff.

Lol!

Another positive, LSU didnt make the tourney.

Still think Ags got hosed, but they would have easier time at Super than horns. Mistake I think for horns and Aggies is to play a lot of OOc games at home and dont take the guys on the road. Aggies are whining and want to follow augies lead and drop TCU and Rice from schedule. Their fans even want to drop Minute Maid tourney, where the kids play in Major league park in front of 15,000 Aggies? Geez, get a grip!!

Still think Ags got hosed, but they would have easier time at Super than horns. Mistake I think for horns and Aggies is to play a lot of OOc games at home and dont take the guys on the road. Aggies are whining and want to follow augies lead and drop TCU and Rice from schedule. Their fans even want to drop Minute Maid tourney, where the kids play in Major league park in front of 15,000 Aggies? Geez, get a grip!!

Their argument is it does no good to have a strong SOS when it doesn't get rewarded. I say keep the games and get better.

A&M is the highest ranked team this year to not get a national seed. I too think we deserve one.

Their argument is it does no good to have a strong SOS when it doesn't get rewarded. I say keep the games and get better.

A&M is the highest ranked team this year to not get a national seed. I too think we deserve one.

I agree....just beat them and your not in this situation.

Rewarded? For what...losing to all those teams. Ok :wacko: