TEXAS Big 12 Champs!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A&M had a better SOS and RPI than Texas, and they won the conference tourney to go along with being co-regular season champs.

I think you forgot to read these lines in my post above: Regardless of SOS, Texas held it's own against the higher ranked opponents.

Record against TOP 50 RPI: UT 18-7(.720), A&M 19-10(.655). When you look at head to head, UT comes out on top 2-1. So the Aggies did not get hosed.

Immortal has a point. Win more against those top teams. By the way, the Aggies have played 29 games against TOP 50 opponents while the Longhorns have played 25; not a wide margin by any means.

When I checked, A&M was 21-11 against top 50 rpi teams. Their record against top 100 RPI teams was very good as well. They only lost to two teams outside of the top 100, which I believe is the best in the country.

And regarding head to head, there was an opportunity to tie up the season series this year but Texas couldn't make it to the tournament finals. I could make the argument that 2 championships is better than 1.

You can argue what you want but, the facts are that Texas prolly got the top 8 seed because we're Texas and regardless of what you think history does play a part in some tough decisions...If Texas had a bad season and finished 4th in the big 12 then we wouldn't be anywhere closed to a top seed, but If we have a good season and ATM has a good season then in a tie breaker Texas' history will win out.

You can argue what you want but, the facts are that Texas prolly got the top 8 seed because we're Texas and regardless of what you think history does play a part in some tough decisions...If Texas had a bad season and finished 4th in the big 12 then we wouldn't be anywhere closed to a top seed, but If we have a good season and ATM has a good season then in a tie breaker Texas' history will win out.

Lol classic.

Regarding getting 4th in the big 12. So you're saying Texas isn't as good as FSU in baseball? They finished 5th in their conference and received a super.

Lol classic.

Regarding getting 4th in the big 12. So you're saying Texas isn't as good as FSU in baseball? They finished 5th in their conference and received a super.

I know every other school hates that "we're Texas" slogan but in this case I think it applies...but bro just relax and sit back and enjoy a great tournament.

If ATM is as good as you guys think they are then it wont matter where they are seeded.

I know every other school hates that "we're Texas" slogan but in this case I think it applies...but bro just relax and sit back and enjoy a great tournament.

If ATM is as good as you guys think they are then it wont matter where they are seeded.

Great point. Baseball is a little different as teams can get hot and make a run. I look for A&M and UT to move on to the Supers. From there it could be anybody's series. I also like the point made earlier about UT and A&M should both hit the road more and battle test their kids. Both schools started the season with extended home games.

Which I think is ridiculous, but I'm not on the selection committee.

But heck, I'm not saying tu and Rice shouldn't have been given seeds, but FSU as the 5?! Seriously?!

Oh well, A&M has to go take care of business later today and the rest of this weekend before complaining about not getting a national seed.

• 3 weeks later...

yes, they would be co-champs, but everything in my original post is correct. UT is already champ...aggy has to win today to get a share.

Just saw a spot on Brodie Greene...what a heck of a player. Too bad he didn't get to go to Texas like he wanted to.

As a CHILD he wanted to go to Texas. As an ADULT he is forever grateful he attended Texas A & M! :thumbsup:

Which I think is ridiculous, but I'm not on the selection committee.

But heck, I'm not saying tu and Rice shouldn't have been given seeds, but FSU as the 5?! Seriously?!

Oh well, A&M has to go take care of business later today and the rest of this weekend before complaining about not getting a national seed.

TU is excellence proven over and over LOBOS2004. That's why they got that seed.

TU is excellence proven over and over LOBOS2004. That's why they got that seed.

Then let's give them the number 1 seed every year regardless of record.

And while we are at it let's give Kansas, kentucky, UNC and ucla automatic sweet 16 appearances and give bama a shot in the MNC every year.

I agree Texas normally does well and is in consideration this year for a seed, but IMO you should not give them one just based on overall success of a program. I think if Texas deserved a seed then Tamu did too... The two were tied for regular season, tamu won the tourny title and Tamu had a stronger rpi and SOS. I understand knocking them because Stilson got hurt but I don't see how injuries can be anymore relevant than say jungmann slumping. He almost got a loss in college station, loss to the lowest seed in the conference tourny and didn't look his best. If you are going to count a injury into the equation why not consider if a teams pitching staff is struggling the last week or two?

Then let's give them the number 1 seed every year regardless of record.

And while we are at it let's give Kansas, kentucky, UNC and ucla automatic sweet 16 appearances and give bama a shot in the MNC every year.

I agree Texas normally does well and is in consideration this year for a seed, but IMO you should not give them one just based on overall success of a program. I think if Texas deserved a seed then Tamu did too... The two were tied for regular season, tamu won the tourny title and Tamu had a stronger rpi and SOS. I understand knocking them because Stilson got hurt but I don't see how injuries can be anymore relevant than say jungmann slumping. He almost got a loss in college station, loss to the lowest seed in the conference tourny and didn't look his best. If you are going to count a injury into the equation why not consider if a teams pitching staff is struggling the last week or two?

I was trolling.