5 hour little league game

My son's 9/10 year old city tourney was this weekend. Our first game was Saturday morning at 8 AM. We then played 4 games in a row culminating in a 5 hour, extra-inning championship game with a combined run total of 36. That was the most memorable game ever. We fell short, but definitely nothing for the boys to be disappointed with. We ran out of pitchers due to Dixie rules and had some boys really step up who had never even stepped foot on a mound before.

Very Cool - Samething happened to my son when he was eleven. They lost the first game in tournament and played loser bracket all the way back to championship. Played until after Midnight.Lost by 1 run. He went on to play highschool and college, but that tournament has the most meaning to me. Those boys were tired and wore out but they never quit.

They'll never forget that tourney for the rest of their lives. I hope ya'll treated them to a good meal after all of that.

Everything was closed, or would soon be closed. If it had ended at an appropriate hour, we were going to take them to eat pizza. We had a swim party anyway and earlier in the season we all went to Pizza Hut...so it all kinda worked out.