Spring Hill

kramer

Sabine kids don't put the time in the summer to win football games...kids & community don't understand how hard you have to work (in football) to be a good team, they have better things to do...but administrators do take care of their teachers

Don't want to sound mean, but I think the facts will reveal that the SH football program will be lucky to win 1 to 2 games in 2011. They will not win a district game....get ready for it.

Hey,

How did we go from discussing the resignation of a softball coach to talking about how bad SH is going to do in the 2011 football season? Truly amazing! Stay on topic please!

Hey,

How did we go from discussing the resignation of a softball coach to talking about how bad SH is going to do in the 2011 football season? Truly amazing! Stay on topic please!

This topic is about Spring Hill and the perils of the schools overall sports program with loss of coaches. This goes way beyond the loss of the softball coach who was actually a football coach. Not sure why you are so upset? Your baseball team just went four rounds deep. Don't be so bitter.

I am also a SH grad and coach--SH dosent pay well at all-a couple of yrs ago when coach La More left, he went to Sabine also, got to teach less classes, only 2 sports, and still got a pay raise--Comfort was not happy about his future son in law being let go also--maybe Poe is another metroplex guy thats comes in thinking he can outcoach the east tx boys and wants his own people in??:unsure: :unsure:

Spring Hill is a wonderful place to coach/teach. I have had an extreme amount of success since I made the move amd took a huge pay cut to come here. Sometimes its not about the money when your talking about kids that will walk through fire to please you. I certainly hate losing two fantastic role models for our kids, they must do what is best for their family. We are overworked, yes underpaid, but when you do a good job in the coaching world, are you ever really compensated with money? No, we are compensated with the outcome of our season. I love watching my Juniors and Seniors helping me coach up my 7th and 8th graders, pretty hard to put a price on that.

Hey,

The softball coach was also a good football coach. His resignation

will affect wins and losses for the football team. Can Spring Hill

win 2 games this year with the loss of another good coach?

The softball coach was also a good football coach. His resignation

will affect wins and losses for the football team. Can Spring Hill

win 2 games this year with the loss of another good coach?

Very good point Buck! We are losing some great coaches in these trying times, so I can imagine how hard it must be for them to even be in this position. The effect will be heard in other sports at SHISD!

This topic is about Spring Hill and the perils of the schools overall sports program with loss of coaches. This goes way beyond the loss of the softball coach who was actually a football coach. Not sure why you are so upset? Your baseball team just went four rounds deep. Don't be so bitter.

Hi Veer,

I am not upset whatsoever, it just appeared to me that we were getting a little off track, but I was wrong. I hope that the coaching positions get back to where they need to be.

Very good point Buck! We are losing some great coaches in these trying times, so I can imagine how hard it must be for them to even be in this position. The effect will be heard in other sports at SHISD!

SHISD just needs to keep their priorities in order and keep the Golf coach

Well said Coachmom.

I know Wes Jones, Bill Poe, and a few board members personally. Those guys all want what's best for SH. I know Coach Taylor didn't want to leave Spring Hill, but as a Christian man that cares about his family, he did what was best for 'his family'. Whoever takes over Golf, basketball, and softball will have a smoothe transition because they will be working with a bunch of kids that love to play the game. The Supt has a son on the bball team so I know that he regretted to see Taylor leave. So before you point the finger at Spring Hill, you may want to go down to Austin and point it at your legislators...they are the reason why Spring Hill and thousands of other districts were forced to make tough decisions in regards to the jobs of some of the teachers/coaches at SH.

By the way, it was the Golf coach's decision to leave...he too made that decision based on his family.

Wes Jones and his school board will make good hires to fill these positions that have been vacated.

And lastly, Spring Hill will win more than 2 games this coming season!

When the golf coach came to SH a few years ago the program really looked like it was on the upswing. He was a good coach and another coach that SH is going to have a hard time replacing. He also was a varsity football coach.

Coach Poe is trying to make football the focal point @ SH. It isn't & probably wont be until the district is realigned. Poes dad & uncle were successful coaches in the metroplex. He might have a winning program @ some point; but likely not soon. Sabine is fortunate to get to terrific coaches and more importantly; outstanding men.

Coach Poe is trying to make football the focal point @ SH. It isn't & probably wont be until the district is realigned. Poes dad & uncle were successful coaches in the metroplex. He might have a winning program @ some point; but likely not soon. Sabine is fortunate to get to terrific coaches and more importantly; outstanding men.

Hey luv-sports,

Nice commentary, but you're wrong about Spring Hill football not being the focal point, because it is. Sure, we excel at our other sports and go deep in the playoffs, but please understand, win or lose, Panther Stadium is sold out, standing room only, every home game. When the team is on the road, you can bet that the stands will be fully packed with Panther fans no matter how far the drive might be. SH football is more about community involvement and support for the guys out on the field giving it their best for the home crowd. Now, we might not win every game, but you will never see a Panther fan leaving the stadium until the game is over, and not a minute sooner. So, if that doesn't show you that it is our focal point, then I don't know what will.