Witcher new AD/Football Coach at Union Hill

Smoaky

(Revised to include "based on school board approval")

Union Hill I.S.D. offered their athletic director and head football coaching job to Dale Witcher on Saturday and he accepted, this according to three sources.

Witcher has been an assistant coach at Gilmer for one year.

Based on school board approval, Witcher will replace Ryan Pate who resigned to become the receivers coach and assistant baseball coach at Hallsville High School.

David Smoak

Someone told me today that Witcher has been an assistant at Troup, Sabine, and Gilmer. He is a Tatum graduate, but not sure what year. Heard he is a young guy, like 30-32.

Should be interesting to see what he brings to the table. Being this late, you would think not much could be changed in such a small district. UH has less than 100 students, and the school is getting smaller. I am surprised they have not considered 6 man ball more, but maybe they just want to finish this year out and see what realignment does to them.

Someone told me today that Witcher has been an assistant at Troup, Sabine, and Gilmer. He is a Tatum graduate, but not sure what year. Heard he is a young guy, like 30-32.

Should be interesting to see what he brings to the table. Being this late, you would think not much could be changed in such a small district. UH has less than 100 students, and the school is getting smaller. I am surprised they have not considered 6 man ball more, but maybe they just want to finish this year out and see what realignment does to them.

Tatum class of 2000...

There is still school board approval on whether he gets this job. There are rumblings this isn't a done deal, and perhaps some paperwork that needs to be certified.

Stay tuned.

David Smoak

Being a Bulldog fan i will give my full support to whomever it is and will not start out by dogging someone whom I haven't seen in action yet!! He is getting a job that is uphill from the start! Coach Pate did a awesome job and was a tremendous person as well as Coach with great character and hopefully Witcher can continue the path Pate left. Everyone can say this person or that person was the one for this job but time will tell and i wish Union Hill the best and they have my full support win or lose. He is young and will make mistakes but for me if he keeps the kids motivated and instills in them to do their best every time and they believe in him it will pay off on the field. Go Bulldogs and best of luck this year!!

• 2 weeks later...