Friday Night Rivals for iPhone

tchamblee67

Hi Texas high school football fans,

We have just released a new iPhone app called Friday Night Rivals developed specifically for the Texas high school football community. You can view all game information for all of the UIL varsity teams for all conferences 5A - 1A. You can select your favorite teams, view team schedules, even find football games that are near you. We also allow users to post and share scores for every game and post comments about the games. We rely on users like you to share game scores with fans all over Texas as you attend or listen to the scores on the radio. I think you will really like it if you take a look. It's available now, and it's 100% free.

If you can think of any features that would make the app better or even if you don't like it at all, I'd love to get your feedback on it. We are in the process of adding some new features and we hope to have an Android app available next season as well. Please let me know what you think! To find, please visit us at www.fridaynightrivals.com or search for Friday Night Rivals in the iTunes App Store.

Thanks for reading this, and I hope we all have a great football season.

Tony Chamblee

Just Downloaded this App. If you have an IPhone you gotta get this!!!

This is going to make your halftime fly by!

It would be nice to list the radio station where the game could be heard!

Thanks for the suggestion! We will take this to the drawing board and see if we can come up with a good way to present this information. It's nice that a lot of the stations are listed here.

I have a droid as well and would like to see it happen.

Do you know if and when it could?

It will definitely happen but won't be until next season - we spent most of this year getting the iPhone version ready for this season. I really wish we had time to get both versions out there!

Thanks for all of the positive response; we really appreciate you sharing this with your friends and with other people at the games this season. The quality and quantity of scores information that is available in the app will be entirely dependent on fans like us sharing scores with each other. We will be sharing scores for all of the games we attend or listen to, and I hope others will do the same!

We are working on new features at the moment and we should be releasing updates quite frequently.

Looks like a great app. Any interest in a "pro" version without the ads?

Yes - we have considered this option. We have plans for lots of new features, the majority of which will probably be implemented in the off season. It's possible that some of these features would be premium and contained in a pro version with no ads. Thanks for the suggestion!

Should be if enough people get the app & use it

I agree - I hope we have some good participation and sharing of information between all fans. The Smoakhouse Forums are awesome - there's a lot of great information and discussion here and we have been allowed to share this application with you all. We have had trouble getting the word out to other fans on some of the other Texas high school football forums because we aren't allowed to promote ourselves on those forums. I'm sure there are other fans that would like to share scores but we can't reach them. We would really appreciate you spreading the word if you are regulars at any other boards or anything!

It will be interesting during the first game to see how many people will share scores with us.

amazing app!!!!

I've noticed a small bug.....

If you add the max (or even less than the max) number of teams to "my teams"....it wont let you scroll all the way to the bottom of your list (not even to delete them). You have to delete some near the top to access the ones near the bottom.

amazing app!!!!

I've noticed a small bug.....

If you add the max (or even less than the max) number of teams to "my teams"....it wont let you scroll all the way to the bottom of your list (not even to delete them). You have to delete some near the top to access the ones near the bottom.

Yep, I encountered the same thing. Had to delete Henderson pretty quickly. LOLOLOLOL Seriously, would be very nice to be able to have as many "my teams" as you want.

Yep, I encountered the same thing. Had to delete Henderson pretty quickly. LOLOLOLOL Seriously, would be very nice to be able to have as many "my teams" as you want.

Sorry about that guys...good catch in finding the bug. We'll try to get that fixed up in the next app update.

We have just released a new iPhone app called Friday Night Rivals developed specifically for the Texas high school football community. You can view all game information for all of the UIL varsity teams for all conferences 5A - 1A. You can select your favorite teams, view team schedules, even find football games that are near you. We also allow users to post and share scores for every game and post comments about the games. We rely on users like you to share game scores with fans all over Texas as you attend or listen to the scores on the radio. I think you will really like it if you take a look. It's available now, and it's 100% free.

If you can think of any features that would make the app better or even if you don't like it at all, I'd love to get your feedback on it. We are in the process of adding some new features and we hope to have an Android app available next season as well. Please let me know what you think! To find, please visit us at www.fridaynightrivals.com or search for Friday Night Rivals in the iTunes App Store.

Tony Chamblee

You should inform the people over on the 5A board about this.

Hey guys. We've put fixes in place for the My Teams list not scrolling properly down at the bottom. We are testing it now and should submit the update to Apple this week. Thanks for letting us know about it! We really appreciate the support you all have given us.

Tony Chamblee

ANDROID APP THIS SEASON!!!!

Hey guys!

We have submitted an update to Apple to fix the minor 'My Teams' issue that you all have reported, as well as fixes for a couple of other minor issues and a few new features such as searching for games by team name. The update should be reviewed by Apple and in your hands before the first game next week. Keep your eyes peeled and be sure to download the new update as soon as it is released.

I hope you all are having a great week - not much longer to wait for football!

Tony