Tiger Woods...old news

FlowJack

I have a feeling that Tiger is not going to break Nicklaus record. I think he may win a couple of more majors in his career, but he will turn 35 this year. That only gives him roughly 13 years to accomplish it, based on the record.

You don't think he can win four more majors in 13 years? That is 52 more majors given he plays in all of them. I think he can do it, but it will be tougher now with his body breaking down like it is. I think he is a year away in competiting for majors, but has to get out on the course more, and get real competition in instead of hitting shots in his backyard.

You don't think he can win four more majors in 13 years? That is 52 more majors given he plays in all of them. I think he can do it, but it will be tougher now with his body breaking down like it is. I think he is a year away in competiting for majors, but has to get out on the course more, and get real competition in instead of hitting shots in his backyard.

Something has to happen not only with his body, but his mind. He doesn't have the swagger that he used to. Tiger has to get back to being Tiger, and I'm not sure that he can do it. He's been counseled by therapists and his P.R. people to be something that he's not. It will be his mind that will prevent him from being what he once was. Julius Boros won the PGA Championship in 1968 at the age of 48, but how many people remember him ? More people remember Jack winning the Masters when he was 46. Time will tell, but I would say today that Tiger's mind and doubts about his physical limitations and what has happened in the past couple of years will derail him.

Something has to happen not only with his body, but his mind. He doesn't have the swagger that he used to. Tiger has to get back to being Tiger, and I'm not sure that he can do it. He's been counseled by therapists and his P.R. people to be something that he's not. It will be his mind that will prevent him from being what he once was. Julius Boros won the PGA Championship in 1968 at the age of 48, but how many people remember him ? More people remember Jack winning the Masters when he was 46. Time will tell, but I would say today that Tiger's mind and doubts about his physical limitations and what has happened in the past couple of years will derail him.

I agree with everything you said. I think the best way to get his edge back is to get back on the course and compete again. It seems like he has lost his competitive edge, and isn't working as hard as he used to. It's like his personal problems drained him completely, and he just doesnt have the same energy or drive to be the golfer he once was. I think he can get it back, and a butt kicking like he took this weekend could possibly be what he needed to jumpstart back into gear. Either that or it could just shut him down more. Nobody knows what is going through his head, and that is where all of his problems lie.

• 5 weeks later...