SEC said thanks but no thanks A&M

sawemoff

That statement says all it needs to about you and your t-shirt fandom. You're apparently finding reason to party because a rival school of a school you didn't even attend is buying their time legally. Pathetic. Pretty nice life you have going there. LOL!

Here's a thought, maybe aggie should sell more T shirts. That way, the athletic dept wouldn't have to borrow money from the school to keep operating. Just a thought.

Now, go polish you're amazing ring you're parents paid for.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did the Big East tamper with the MWC?

No. TCU formally extended their desire to join so the Big East invited them and they accepted. A&M hasn't formally requested invitation, so the SEC hasn't invited them, duh.

Do you REALLY need help understanding this? I understand that you have serious issues comprehending things, but I don't have all day to explain it to you piece by piece.

No. TCU formally extended their desire to join so the Big East invited them and they accepted. A&M hasn't formally requested invitation, so the SEC hasn't invited them, duh.

Do you REALLY need help understanding this? I understand that you have serious issues comprehending things, but I don't have all day to explain it to you piece by piece.

Really? Do you enjoy talking out of your butt?!?

Really? Do you enjoy talking out of your butt?!?

You've yet to offer one piece of rebuttal to anything that's been said. If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise you're continuing to be a clueless idiot with a sad obsession that you need to see someone about before your life dwindles even further down the drain. rolleyes.gif

I guess I missed the Big East meeting where they said they would not invite TCU, right before they invited TCU...

I guess I missed the Big East meeting where they said they would not invite TCU, right before they invited TCU...

TCU extended their desire to join BEFORE the Big East met to discuss.

Notice the SEC didn't vote Yes or No?

Of course you don't. You're a worthless troll who's only validation in life is that you can troll an internet message board (and even then, you're pretty bad at it). When you have something other than a bitter obsession to fuel, let me know. Till then, you're on my ignore list.

TCU extended their desire to join BEFORE the Big East met to discuss.

Notice the SEC didn't vote Yes or No?

Of course you don't. You're a worthless troll who's only validation in life is that you can troll an internet message board (and even then, you're pretty bad at it). When you have something other than a bitter obsession to fuel, let me know. Till then, you're on my ignore list.

Then why did the SEC meet today?!?

Guess you guys didn't read the Mack 10 TV contract....if the Mack 10 falls below 10 the TV contract is void. ESiPN is on the hook for big money in this one.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/how-espn-is-complicating-am-to-sec-deal.php

OKTC has learned that one of the major points of discussion at today's SEC president's meeting was the potential contractual fallout of A&M's addition to the SEC. In particular the conflicting positions of ESPN in regards to its Big 12 television deal and its existing SEC television deal. That is, ESPN has conflicting good faith obligations to both conferences. Why are these obligations conflicting? Because OKTC has heard from multiple sources that the television deals between the Big 12 and ESPN is void as soon as the membership falls below ten.

So if Texas A&M bolts for the SEC then the Big 12's TV deal with ESPN doesn't exist anymore. (FYI, Fox is presently paying $90 million a year to the Big 12 while ESPN is paying $65 million a year. But, and this a key distinction, Fox has no conflict here since it doesn't carry SEC games.)

Okay, wrap your minds around that. That's a major revelation and would explain why the Big 12 is working so hard to find a new member

As these legal issues work themselves out the SEC is doing its best to avoid being sued. Today's meeting was designed to discuss all the particulars of expansion without actually conveying an offer to A&M. Remember that since Friday I've been telling y'all something important that has been missed by most media -- A&M approached the SEC first. That's important because it eliminates many of the arguments against the SEC inducing A&M to leave.

So where are we headed now?

Texas A&M meets on Monday. Expect for A&M to give its president the authority to negotiate with other conferences at that meeting. Come Tuesday A&M is scheduled to appear before a committee in the Texas house. The SEC athletic directors meet in Orlando on Wednesday of this week. All of these meetings will go a long way towards helping to resolve the current legal complexities that are holding up this deal.

But ESPN still has to resolve its conflicts. So how does ESPN rectify what is a clear conflict of interest?

ESPN needs to notify the Big 12 of its intention to keep its payments to the conference the same regardless of membership numbers. ESPN may well need to provide this notice in writing to the Big 12. Then ESPN can negotiate with the SEC about what the addition of A&M might mean for the television rights fees owed to that conference. The SEC needs this information about increased rights fees before its presidents can vote on admitting anyone else.

Then A&M can officially explore conference alternatives without ESPN having to worry about breaching its contractual obligations to the Big 12.

Some of you guys may be eating some tasty crow the next few days.

P.S. That release never said that the SEC rejected A&M today. You're seeing what you want to see.

Guess you guys didn't read the Mack 10 TV contract....if the Mack 10 falls below 10 the TV contract is void. ESiPN is on the hook for big money in this one.

http://outkickthecov...to-sec-deal.php

Some of you guys may be eating some tasty crow the next few days.

P.S. That release never said that the SEC rejected A&M today. You're seeing what you want to see.

Don't bother. Facts get in the way of that TCU troll who will probably respond with one question instead of trying to talk about ALL of the facts. He will only try to pick small pieces here and there to try and act like the entire argument is false. Nothing more than a worthless internet troll.

Lobo, I don't think the Ags are "sacrificing" the football team. Again, why does everyone think that the aggies will not be able to compete EVER?

The aggies have EVERY tool to be successful. They have just had to scrape and claw their way out of the hole that Fran left them in in terms of talent on campus is why the last 3 years have been so bad. Sherman had to rebuild this team with depth from the ground up.

I do not think Tamu will be the new Bama... But they have the meccessary tools to be able to real in top 15 classes nearly every year and could be a consistent 8-4 type team with a 10-2/11-1 type season every 6-7 years... If LSU can do it there is NO reason tamu can't. The talent in Texas, the alumni support, the facilities the Ags have, and playing for the sec, is PLENTY of recruiting tools. Is Sherman the guy to get it done... Idk. But the Ags are just one coach away from being highly successful. Florida was a bottom dweller for years until spurier... If they can do it in the sec Tamu can too. Easily.

Lobo, I don't think the Ags are "sacrificing" the football team. Again, why does everyone think that the aggies will not be able to compete EVER?

The aggies have EVERY tool to be successful. They have just had to scrape and claw their way out of the hole that Fran left them in in terms of talent on campus is why the last 3 years have been so bad. Sherman had to rebuild this team with depth from the ground up.

I do not think Tamu will be the new Bama... But they have the meccessary tools to be able to real in top 15 classes nearly every year and could be a consistent 8-4 type team with a 10-2/11-1 type season every 6-7 years... If LSU can do it there is NO reason tamu can't. The talent in Texas, the alumni support, the facilities the Ags have, and playing for the sec, is PLENTY of recruiting tools. Is Sherman the guy to get it done... Idk. But the Ags are just one coach away from being highly successful. Florida was a bottom dweller for years until spurier... If they can do it in the sec Tamu can too. Easily.

Great post. I definitely agree. I don't understand why tu fans keep telling A&M fans that they don't want to join the SEC because they'll "be bad". Is that a scare tactic? Why do they want us to stay so bad?

That or A&M is stuck with their thumb up their butt wondering what happened. Surely all that "he said "she said"" wasnt wrong!

A&M fans might be in a bit of denial.

I just don't see the SEC making the first move toward a super conference. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. They have a good thing going.

Why would SEC universities even want A&M in the mix? Do SEC fans even want them? The only them they gain by bringing in A&M is recruiting in Texas.

I've seen mixed reactions from fans. Many post on Texags saying "welcome", but many LSU fans especially are on their forums saying "WE DON'T WANT AGGY". Some do, though.

And yeah, basically recruiting in Texas and a Texas TV market are the reasons the SEC would want A&M.

WOW!!! Did the SEC just bust A&M in the eye or what....HAHA! I'd say I feel sorry for you, but after all the garbage that has come out of A&M fans the past week I can't help but laugh, LOL!

And for all the Aggie fans, deny it all you want, argue all you want, cry all you want, complain all you want, call it arrogance all you want, but the fact is if Texas and/or OU had said they wanted to join the SEC, they would be given an invitation in a heartbeat. And if you want to deny it, you'll be the only one's on the planet who do.

And as for as the comments being made,

"why does everyone think that the aggies will not be able to compete EVER?"

...Umm, maybe it's because YOU DON'T! ONE "good" year in 10 doesn't mean you can compete!

I heard it was a last minute decision made when they found out the aggies' cheerleaders are dudes....lol

HAHAHA!!!

Do me a favor and go Google what Nebraska went through with the big10 last year for me please.

I don't care! I'm not googling anything for you. The SEC just handed you a black eye! Now you and every other fan has to deal with what you're going to get from every Texas and OU fan for the rest of the year.