SEC said thanks but no thanks A&M

sawemoff

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, I just searched for an aggy with a stupid look on his face.

Didn't take long.

Wait what? That was from the OU game in 2006.

Not from today, 5 years later regarding the SEC. Still waiting to see an A&M fan "crying" or "in misery".

To Aggie fans:

Much of the banter has revolved around whether the SEC has ever invited A&M? Most Aggie fans have claimed they had been invited in 2010.

Many questioned (myself included) and expressed skepticism about an offer.

After the events of the day do you still believe there was an invite. Or was it exploratory talks with staff?

I can find the claims if you like? I think this is why most are chuckling this afternoon at A&M. Never was there a post on how the "process" would be conducted, which has harmed some of your credibility.

Personally, I think it could happen. But today A&M got it's homework assignment. What you are about to find out is:

1) Baylor & Tech will be exerting as much pressure on the Texas Legislation.

2) 9 schools have equal say on the impact of A&M departing.

3) FoxSports & ESPN could be a player.

The legislation can't do anything right now. Not in session and governor Perry won't be calling a special session for this.

I found an interesting article on how ESPN kind of.screwed themselves over by monopolizing college sports. I'll post the link.

Thank you for ducking my invite comment. You are one of the folks claiming an invite.

You don't think the legislators have the BOR and chancellors email addresses? A&M could be in the SEC and the penalties imposed in the next session. They can let them know about legislation they will propose.

Pressure can still be exerted. But maybe A&M is bigger than the State of Texas!

Thank you for ducking my invite comment. You are one of the folks claiming an invite.

You don't think the legislators have the BOR and chancellors email addresses? A&M could be in the SEC and the penalties imposed in the next session. They can let them know about legislation they will propose.

Pressure can still be exerted. But maybe A&M is bigger than the State of Texas!

Laughable. Politicians aren't going to hurt one of the best universities in he state because of athletic conference alignment. They will try to prevent it if anything, but.bringing down the biggest public university in the state they won't.

I found an interesting article on how ESPN kind of.screwed themselves over by monopolizing college sports. I'll post the link.

You realize ESPN is the major money behind the SEC. Why would A&M get back in bed with ESPN in the SEC? do you think they are conspiring to keep A&M out of the SEC?

You realize ESPN is the major money behind the SEC. Why would A&M get back in bed with ESPN in the SEC? do you think they are conspiring to keep A&M out of the SEC?

I can't find the Dang link but it gave a lofty explanation on ESPNs part.

Well the old Aggie saying is .. wait til next year. But, we will see if the BOR meeting is a factor. I do look for the Big 12 to implode, and of course the horns get the blame. Ive looked at OU boards, very classy I might add, and the consensus is against tu.

Well , if not the third time will be the charm. Where there is smoke there is fire. Some think a year to twist Oklahomas arm would be good.

I look forward to another year of it, just to see folks hop and get all stirred up.

with respect to A&M, I can't help but think if OU or UT wanted in the SEC, they would make it work, ASAP.

Agreed. Not talking badly about A&M, but if UT or OU had been thinking about bolting to the SEC they would've made it work as fast as they could to get them locked in.

Immortal,

I actually know that guy. My sophomore year he lived in the apartment next door. His name is Kyle. I think everyone was making that same face. We were down four with about two minutes left, had the ball on the two yard-line and Fran decided it was best to kick a field goal. Hence, the one point win for OU.

Your memory ain't what it used to be, apparently. After the field goal that made it 17-16, OU received the KO with 3:22 left. And Fran was faced with a 4th and 6 at the OU 22. Not saying that I wouldn't have gone for the first down, but I can understand Fran's thinking: kick the FG, force a quick 3 & out and get another FG. Other alternative was a pretty chancy effort to pick up the first down.

50-50 call, IMO.

Sued for what.

Your the one that said SEC lawyers were concern about being sued. I take that as they are expecting lawsuits will be filed.

Listen A&M agrees to stay in the Big 12. Fox & ESPN agree to renegotiate their contract with the conference. A&M leaves before contract begins. Think anyone would be upset?

Yeah...How did that work for t.u. and OU last year to the PAC :rolleyes:

Texas and OU not joining the Pac 12 last year had NOTHING to do with the Pac 12. As a matter a fact, the then Pac 10 was willing to take the other 4 that were also going to go so that they could get Texas and OU. The Big 12 then put a deal together that would give them more money and THAT is why Texas and OU CHOSE to stay in the Big 12 and it's because of Texas and OU that the Big 12 still exists now.

Try reading the news next time. And thanks for trying.

Less teams means A&M's share of that new contract goes to whoever sticks around.

I'll tell you what I wish would happen. First, the Big 12 needs to keep the teams it currently has. In addition, I think it would be great if the Big 12 added BYU, Boise State (they kinda got jacked) to start with and then in a couple of years, add TCU and Houston and make it a 14 team conference. And with those additions, it would be a stronger conference than it's been anyway.

Granted, this is just what I would like to see.