Van @ Grand Saline

Ruzzo

Van @ Grand Saline  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this rivalry, it has been dominated by Van recently

Why would you say that? Are you saying GS is loaded with way more talent this year?

No, its just that I do not think Van is going to be anywhere near the team they have had the past few years. Their running game is going to be weaker this year ( unless the move in from Rockwall can carry the load), their speed is down, and they are playing some younger kids with little varsity experience. They are starting 2 CB with no varsity experience. Do not get me wrong I hope Van beats the #### out of them. I think they will get better as the year goes along. But this is going to be a rebuilding year for them. IMHO

No, its just that I do not think Van is going to be anywhere near the team they have had the past few years. Their running game is going to be weaker this year ( unless the move in from Rockwall can carry the load), their speed is down, and they are playing some younger kids with little varsity experience. They are starting 2 CB with no varsity experience. Do not get me wrong I hope Van beats the #### out of them. I think they will get better as the year goes along. But this is going to be a rebuilding year for them. IMHO

I agree they lost a couple players that can run and are young in the secondary. I still think they will have a chance to be as good or better than last year. More balanced offense, good group of LB's and the d-line looks good. I'm a little concerned about the young guys but its not like the secondary shut everyone down last year.

Van by 4 td's.

dude Van has a pretty good team this year. fyi prob the best defense around

Grand Saline will have a pass/run ratio of about 70/30. They have run the ball effectively in the scrimmages and even though they still run out of the spread, they run much more now than in the past 2 years. In order for GS to have a shot they have to run the ball effectively and play keep and away and kill clock, because when Van gets the ball they are going to put this one to bed very early because their offense is good, very good. GS will have to win the battle up front and if they can, they have a shot. If not, Van will blow them out. Van's Defense is good, but GS isnt going to try run with speed but with power and up the middle. Ludlow needs to throw everything he can at Van, Moffatt is not going think GS will run at him, but they have to, and use the run to set up the pass, and finally GS CANNOT turn the ball over, no fumbles, no bad snaps, no drive killing INT's.

Van 31

Grand Saline 20

I think Van will start pulling starters after the first series of the 3rd quarter. Score "Van Moffet's choice to 13" And GS better not try to run up the middle if they want to keep their running backs healthy. JMHO

And GS better not try to run up the middle if they want to keep their running backs healthy. JMHO

Really? I talked with a top Vandal assistant coach and he said he is very impressed with our size and strength. I told him to take it easy on us, he laughed and said "whatever, You guys are huge and strong, and the way we have been playing on defense, your best bet is to run the ball on us, and if you guys do it well, we will playing our starters all 4 quarters" His words not mine.

I still think Van wins, BTW, and dont underestimate the toughness of GS kids. They won many a game by being slow, big, and hard hitting. Van no doubt has better athletes, but ask any Van player, regardless of score, they are sore the next morning after playing the Indians.

That's #### u talked to a top Vandal ######'t. Coach?????? Really well then you got duped!!! We really do want you to run right at the middle of defense ..that is our strength period and I am not saying grand saline will not play very hard because they will we know this just not to worried considering we are as big and definetly as strong but we are alot deeper and faster.

I did talk to a coach, and he once wore an Indian Uniform and made a habit of running all over Vandals back in the late 80's early 90's. You can take a guess as to who it was. Oh and BTW, disguising profanity is not allowed on this board. So chill out or a mod might have to set you straight. Just a friendly reminder. :D

I did talk to a coach, and he once wore an Indian Uniform and made a habit of running all over Vandals back in the late 80's early 90's. You can take a guess as to who it was. Oh and BTW, disguising profanity is not allowed on this board. So chill out or a mod might have to set you straight. Just a friendly reminder. :D

Top assistant Baby Horse Oliver did not wear an indian uniform in the late 80's and early 90's. He was a Vandal in the later part of the first decade of the 21st century.

I heard van coaches sayn that they will not be taking gs to lightly this year like they have in the past...and all I'm sayn is van has Santos,Rucker and Smallwood other then that alot of no names...I think van will when as well but it will defer not be a blow out

I heard van coaches sayn that they will not be taking gs to lightly this year like they have in the past...and all I'm sayn is van has Santos,Rucker and Smallwood other then that alot of no names...I think van will when as well but it will defer not be a blow out

I'll bet you an English lesson that it is a blowout.