Mildred at Teague

player73

The Teague Lions will host the Mildred Eagles Friday night in the newly renovated Lion Stadium.Lion Stadium now has turf,new concessions, new restrooms and a new parking lot.The athletic complex has a new fieldhouse and the indoor practice facility will be finished in a few weeks to go along with the new stadium.With our new jr-sr high school and now the new athletic complex our facilites are second to none.The Eagles who are ranked # 12 in the Friday Night Football 2a division 2 poll hope to spoil all the opening game activities of the Teague Lions and their fans.The Eagles are led by Nick Shimonek who threw for over 1900 yds with 22 tds to go along with an experienced offensive line to protect him.They bring back 7 starters on defense from a team that went 9-3 and two rounds deep in the playoffs but one of those losses was to the Lions 24-21 as the Lions made a big second half comeback.This game has all the makings of a great game and both teams should be pumped for this opener.

Teague has 2 much speed & talent for 1 man 2 beat..

I saw Teague play Kerens. Teague had the fastest kid on the field, but Kerens had more team speed and they struggled with Shimonek this summer in 7 on 7. Now, I know 7 on 7 is a different game, but I'm warning you. The kid is legit...

Really? Do you or your buddy live or coach in Teague? I've been around the new staff at Teague and they have the confidence of the kids. The staff has done a great job with this situation and the kids have responded great. No let downs in Teague! I guess there are no other great football minds on the coaching staff? LOL

I talked to my buddy and he said that the sudden departure of Finney hasn't been good for Teague. He said that the loss of his great football mind will be the difference. He said to take Mildred by a touchdown.

Really? Do you or your buddy live or coach in Teague? I've been around the new staff at Teague and they have the confidence of the kids. The staff has done a great job with this situation and the kids have responded great. No let downs in Teague! I guess there are no other great football minds on the coaching staff? LOL

Easy there big guy. All I'm saying is that a buddy of mine told me the other night that the loss of the great one will hurt Teague. That is all my buddy had to say about the game. He also said that he will find you and throw down if you want to. My buddy is a former UFC fighter.

That remains to be seen what effect finney leaving will have but as of right now, no effect. We'll see, and by the way if I'm being called out I'm at the fieldhouse in Teague alot.

Easy there big guy. All I'm saying is that a buddy of mine told me the other night that the loss of the great one will hurt Teague. That is all my buddy had to say about the game. He also said that he will find you and throw down if you want to. My buddy is a former UFC fighter.

I talked to my buddy and he said that the sudden departure of Finney hasn't been good for Teague. He said that the loss of his great football mind will be the difference. He said to take Mildred by a touchdown.

Still seems like a crazy situation to me. Haven't figured it out yet. Anyway, Good luck lions.

Teague will be better off in the long run. Finney was a legend in his own mind and as usual left the tax payers with a big bill.

Was? You mean "IS". You are right, behind his stature and manliness (which I really admire) for the game of football, he has wooed the patrons of Teague into a pipe dream. I'm glad they have stepped up facilities, but was it in response to coercion? He has had very good success and I wish him the best, but it just seems weird to leave so abruptly.

Teague will be better off in the long run. Finney was a legend in his own mind and as usual left the tax payers with a big bill.

Wow!! So much hate and envy! As usual you don't have a clue (like the Hooks thread) about what you are talking about. You must enjoy looking like a complete idiot. The funds used too renovate the Teague athletic facilities were part of a bond election passed several yeaars ago. They actually had that much money left over from building a new high school. The school board approves and oversees all spending so they would be who you need to fault. Coach Finney got a great opportunity to move up to a 4A school as assistant head coach (not quite in the shadows is it LOLOL!) Now go hide behind your computer and attack someone else who has been succesful!! Sad way to live!!

Now back to the original topic of this thread. This is going to be one of the best opening night games in the area. The quarterback from Mildred is one of the best pure passers in the area. If Teague doesn't put pressure on him he will pick them apart. Teague's defense is very fast and could present problems for Mildreds offensive line. Also Teague must control the ball on offense. Long time consuming drives to keep Mildreds offense off the field is definitely needed. I'm pickin Teague but it could go either way.

Wow!! So much hate and envy! As usual you don't have a clue (like the Hooks thread) about what you are talking about. You must enjoy looking like a complete idiot. The funds used too renovate the Teague athletic facilities were part of a bond election passed several yeaars ago. They actually had that much money left over from building a new high school. The school board approves and oversees all spending so they would be who you need to fault. Coach Finney got a great opportunity to move up to a 4A school as assistant head coach (not quite in the shadows is it LOLOL!) Now go hide behind your computer and attack someone else who has been succesful!! Sad way to live!!

Now back to the original topic of this thread. This is going to be one of the best opening night games in the area. The quarterback from Mildred is one of the best pure passers in the area. If Teague doesn't put pressure on him he will pick them apart. Teague's defense is very fast and could present problems for Mildreds offensive line. Also Teague must control the ball on offense. Long time consuming drives to keep Mildreds offense off the field is definitely needed. I'm pickin Teague but it could go either way.

Teague's defense is fast? Are you serious? They need to figure out whether they want the QB that can throw a little bit, but can't run or the the kid that can run and can't throw? What do you Teague faithful think?

Not sure about the assistant head coach position. And to quote a "great mind" ..."That's all I've got to say about that."

Toadman- Yes, Teague's defensive line is extremely fast and large!! One is in the 6' 2"-6'3" range and probably the second or third fastest on the team. Several other lineman are extremely quick. They will HAVE to put pressure on the Mildred QB or it will be a long night. (the size and speed facts are direct quotes from other coaches that watched Teague's scrimmage). Way too far for this old man to go see!! But I still think it will be a very entertaining game.

He must've not played at Kerens. I didn't seen any blazers in the box for Teague. Teague is big, I'll give you that, but I thought they were a little soft. They had Kerens outsized in just about every position and didn't really push them around that much...