Bands to be left at home for away games

Carrollton Farmers Branch ISD will vote on a budget tonight that will slash their budget and one of the issues is not taking the bands to away football games. I guess this is one of the hard decisions that school districts are facing state wide during this fuding crisis. I personally think it is sad that these kids work hard and will not get to go to games to support their schools. Plus what about all the band parents that attend games-what will be the bottom line at the gate when they don't start showing up? Any other schools doing anything similar that anyone knows of?

I remember being shocked that Abilene didn't have their band at the game against us last season and that game was in PLANO. Apparently Abilene ISD only allows one band to go on the road a week, while the other stays at home...something like that. Found it very strange either way.

I can understand some of those decisions since they were non-district games and required traveling so far but they are saying ALL away games including district games. They are saying that they would save $240,000 for the year (four high schools amounts to $60,000 per band give or take since Creekview probably requires more buses than Ranch View).

Schools should go to four-man Hair Bands that rock out to '80's classics like "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Pour Some Sugar on Me". They could travel to the game in an old Volkswagen Van. Think of the money schools would save, plus the half-time show would be so much cooler.

nitro.jpg

Schools should go to four-man Hair Bands that rock out to '80's classica like "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Pour Some Sugar on Me". They could travel to the game in an old Volkswagen Van. Think of the money schools would save, plus the half-time show would be so much cooler.

nitro.jpg

I used to have hair like those of which you speak, but cut it for a much more trendy look in this decade. I do tend to wear my eye make-up a little heavy at times, but that's only when I go out with the guys.

Have a great season, Frank!

Be Sweet!

Schools should go to four-man Hair Bands that rock out to '80's classica like "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Pour Some Sugar on Me". They could travel to the game in an old Volkswagen Van. Think of the money schools would save, plus the half-time show would be so much cooler.

nitro.jpg

That would be great!!! I would sit there and watch then.

I used to have hair like those of which you speak, but cut it for a much more trendy look in this decade. I do tend to wear my eye make-up a little heavy at times, but that's only when I go out with the guys.

Have a great season, Frank!

Be Sweet!

GBW makes an appearance, NOW it's a party. LOL!

No criticism intended but WTH is "this"? :lol:

Like I said no criticism intended but what is in the water these days and why do "people" think they need to make themselves look like dogs? I don't "get it".

Bahahahaha! Careful hares you're going to show your age.

Schools should go to four-man Hair Bands that rock out to '80's classics like "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Pour Some Sugar on Me". They could travel to the game in an old Volkswagen Van. Think of the money schools would save, plus the half-time show would be so much cooler.

9hruad.jpg

Linden should get Don Henley and Richard Bowden to do one half time show and the proceeds from that game alone would travel the FB team and band for years to come.

Henley yes! Bowden NO! i love richard but i don't think he could manage a 15 minute set and keep it anywhere near rated PG :lol:

Henley yes! Bowden NO! i love richard but i don't think he could manage a 15 minute set and keep it anywhere near rated PG :lol:

Might be a few red faces but that would all be a distant memory when they saw that stack of Ben Franklins.

Linden should get Don Henley and Richard Bowden to do one half time show and the proceeds from that game alone would travel the FB team and band for years to come.

Henley's already paid for the band uniforms, maybe he can buy the gas for the bus. What's odd is he was really born in Gilmer. This has been the funniest thread I've seen since Bilbo doesn't post much anymore.