Week One: Longview at John Tyler

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (1-0) at John Tyler Lions (0-1)  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • John Tyler in a close one
    • John Tyler in a blow out

Game will look worse than it actually was. JT just wore down here in the 4th quarter. They should be good to go come district play.

Longview didnt look up to speed until JT's opening touchdown to open the half. Passing game has lots to work on still. Like the performance overall though.

Huge test next week.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JT never led in the 4th. They scored on the first play of the second half to go up 13 to 10 and then Longview scored 4 straight TDs to blow the game open. JTs offense was scary good, and they probably should have scored more. Then again, Longview had 3 trips inside the 25 and got 3 points off of them, turning it over twice, so it all evens out.

At least now we don't have to hear from VonG for a year. That is, unless somehow Tyler Lee beats Longview and he bandwagons on them. The streak at Rose continues.

This whole thread just explains why I avoid Smoaky during these weeks against East TX teams.

Good luck John Tyler fans. Here's to a great game between two great programs.

Agreed completely. Never realized how far this place has fallen until now, and a few moments last night on twitter with one of the big dogs here. This place has seriously gone down hill the last few months. Its really not even enjoyable anymore. Such is life.

I'd also really like to see a few so called Lobo fans to pull there head out and grow up. Doubt that will happen though.

Agreed completely. Never realized how far this place has fallen until now, and a few moments last night on twitter with one of the big dogs here. This place has seriously gone down hill the last few months. Its really not even enjoyable anymore. Such is life.

I'd also really like to see a few so called Lobo fans to pull there head out and grow up. Doubt that will happen though.

You can start the reform by changing your signature... it is pretty childish and meant to incite flames and arguments.... feel free to lead by example at any time.... Sadly, it is one or two fans from schools not even involved in the game (a certain Paris fan and sometimes a THigh fan) who derail threads with their blatant trolling. I put them on my ignore list and wish other Longview fans would as well. Oh well. Their predictions blew up in their faces.

But oh well... like you said: such is life.

Anyway, Longview exploded in the 4th quarter and finished off drives, something they had trouble doing early on. That, and I heard the conditioning from the JT side is less than par. That might have had something to do with it.

Sorry, its all true. Guess you'll have to deal with it.

That's all fine and dandy, but don't complain about people needing to "grow up" and then turn around and say, "deal with it" when you're called out about it. I could just as easily tell you to "deal with it" when you complain about me or anyone else being childish.... just saying....

Were you at the game?

JT never led in the 4th. They scored on the first play of the second half to go up 13 to 10 and then Longview scored 4 straight TDs to blow the game open. JTs offense was scary good, and they probably should have scored more. Then again, Longview had 3 trips inside the 25 and got 3 points off of them, turning it over twice, so it all evens out.

At least now we don't have to hear from VonG for a year. That is, unless somehow Tyler Lee beats Longview and he bandwagons on them. The streak at Rose continues.

^^^^^

This, and only this.

On another note, I'd like to vote this year's defense the BEST since King tokk over in 04'...Take it or leave it.

That's all fine and dandy, but don't complain about people needing to "grow up" and then turn around and say, "deal with it" when you're called out about it. I could just as easily tell you to "deal with it" when you complain about me or anyone else being childish....

How do you know I was referring to you? You have no clue who I was referring too.

Are you feeling guilty or insecure about something?

How do you know I was referring to you? You have no clue who I was referring too.

Are you feeling guilty or insecure about something?

Did you miss the part where I said "or anyone else"? If you were talking about me, great. If you weren't, even better. I don't care about your opinion either way. Just saying, don't complain about people being childish and then give a "deal with it" copout when you're called out for the same thing.

After what I saw from Lee last night, if they win a game in district (maybe Mesquite) I'll be shocked. They just looked god awful.

Offensive Line tonight looked a lot better than I was expecting. Secondary has a lot to work on. Passing game looked exactly like it has in the past. Running game, for the 2nd straight week, picked it up in the 2nd half.

Thought it'd be a close game, and it was. Longview played well though. John Tyler's offense will definitely be putting up some points in 4A this season. Lots to worry about this week, but there's a lot of positives for Longview in this one. Really good win over a really good program.

^^^^^

This, and only this.

On another note, I'd like to vote this year's defense the BEST since King tokk over in 04'...Take it or leave it.

It remains to be seen. They lost their LBs and still did enough to win tonight with the starters holding JT to 16. But they gave up quite a few yards and first downs. We will see what they are made of in the next 3 weeks against Allen, Lufkin, and Abilene. Marshall wasn't as good, but JTs offense was stout and the Lobo defense played well. Ask me in 2 months if they are the best and I will let you know then.

Anybody know who was carted off the field at the game? I still haven't found out who it was,

It was hard to see the number. Looked like a linebacker, the second number was a 7. It wasn't taurean because he was out with a heat stroke, and it wasn't Jordan Burton because he kept making tackl after tackle. He was huge tonight.

When he got hit the ref started going crazy for a trainer to get on the field so it didn't look good. Probably a broken leg. Always hate to see stuff like that.

Also, the JT QB hurt his back late. Hope he is okay too; he is an exceptional player.

It was hard to see the number. Looked like a linebacker, the second number was a 7. It wasn't taurean because he was out with a heat stroke, and it wasn't Jordan Burton because he kept making tackl after tackle. He was huge tonight.

Burton is a heckuva football player. That boy can just flat our play.

Burton is a heckuva football player. That boy can just flat our play.

Yeah he is. I think his brother, Morray, played right tackle my senior year when I was left guard. I think they're brothers. I could be rong. I know they are related somehow. He's a heck of a hitter.

One of the players that went out tonight had the last name King. They mentioned both on the post game showed, but only one I can remember is the last name King.

That would be TE Braden King. The player carted off the field earlier in the game was SS AJ Hopson. Hope for a speedy recovery for both...

Also, JT QB Ward was knocked out of the game late 4th quarter. Hope all is well with him too..

Yeah he is. I think his brother, Morray, played right tackle my senior year when I was left guard. I think they're brothers. I could be rong. I know they are related somehow. He's a heck of a hitter.

They're indeed brothers. And if I'm not mistaken, Morray played safety as well?