Tatum VS Atlanta Update

chorn25

you make it sound like Atlanta completely got away from the run. They ran it plenty, just got smothered. Tatum defense gave up only one TD and the other TD came by way of Kick off return.

On one touchdown there was an intentional grounding by the Atlanta qb, a flag was even thrown it was so obvious. Then they picked the flag up and waved it off. Then on the same series Atlanta fumbled into the end zone Tatum covered it but refs give it back to Atlanta.

Atlanta has a really good football team. We just finally showed up to play ball. They swarmed Overstreet all night when he took to the ground but he had a field day throwing the ball against the Rabbit defense. Our RBs didn't break anything long but did gain good yardage in decent chunks to open up Pickett and Reese room to catch the ball. The Eagle defense did about as good of a job tonight as you could have hoped for giving up just one TD....which came on the 3rd or 4th consecutive play within the 5 yard line. The other was a 101 yard kick return by #5, the middle of the field opened up like the red sea...I dont think anyone ever got a hand on him. Atlanta has a lot of speed. Our defense didn't exactly shut it down, they bent but didn't break much. Webster was one broken tackle from breaking it a couple of different times but the last guy brought him down. Longest run was around 20 yards. From hearing people talk....I was expecting him to have 200 yards and 4 TDs.....kudos to the defense for bottling this kid up. Defense had 2 INTs and a fumble recovery or 2....good to see them creating opportunities. All in all, Atlanta is 3 times the football team they were last year and the new coach has them moving in gigantic strides in the right direction. Definitely a playoff team in my eyes....could win that district.

If we play this way every game....there is no reason we shouldn't win. Overstreet did a great job hitting Pickett and Reese and the rest of the WRs.......he sold the play fake well, stood tall, and threw strikes all night. Him, the RBs by committee, and our defense spells trouble once we hit 2A play.

Great game by Atlanta, Rabbs may well win their district.

I agree......pretty dang good team. Great speed and a really tough run defense.....gotta tighten up in that secondary though.....Overstreet picked them apart. They had no answer for it when he went to Pickett or Reese.

I agree......pretty dang good team. Great speed and a really tough run defense.....gotta tighten up in that secondary though.....Overstreet picked them apart. They had no answer for it when he went to Pickett or Reese.

Well I was actually really disappointed. They came out flat in the first half with a bad case of we are gonna win because we are here. Told my wife when they were warming up that they were not here, and they were about to play bad. No excuses Tatum played well, and we didn't, but there was not half the intensity in this team that showed up tonight that there was last week. But, this maybe the best thing for them, because a wake up call was needed and they got it. Good luck to Tatum you guys should do really well. I hope to see the other team next week.

Yep.

Plenty of ugly call both ways, but that was not the difference in the game by any means.

Well I was actually really disappointed. They came out flat in the first half with a bad case of we are gonna win because we are here. Told my wife when they were warming up that they were not here, and they were about to play bad. No excuses Tatum played well, and we didn't, but there was not half the intensity in this team that showed up tonight that there was last week. But, this maybe the best thing for them, because a wake up call was needed and they got it. Good luck to Tatum you guys should do really well. I hope to see the other team next week.

Thats exactly how I felt last week......we played very poorly against Gilmer and I thought we could have played them a much better game.