Holy Choke!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Toni Romo is the only QB that can throw for 400 yards 3 TDs and 0 interceptions yet still fumble the ball for the other team to scoop it up and win the game. Just not a great leader... There were so many games that I remember Steve Young in the same situation(s) as Romo has been in and instead of making something happen he either throws the ball at the feet of a nearby receiver or runs and slides before getting lit up.

Steve Young= Champion

Tomo Romo= Chumpion

Umm, one super bowl title in an entire career does NOT make a champion.

One super bowl title with all of those championship calibur 49'er teams does NOT make a champion. (see Trent Dilfer)

Yes, Romo hasn't won a super bowl yet...but neither did Dan Marino. Does that make Marino a chumpion? how about Warren Moon?

I mean, that IS the criteria for your post...correct?

100 d-1 schools weren't wrong. Tony romo is not an elite qb. He is at best above average only because of his supporting cast. Kitna is better than romo

Kitna is nowhere close to being as good as Romo is. Heck, at no point in Kitna's career has he EVER been as good as Romo.

But let me see if I've got this straight. Romo is at best above average because of his supporting cast? now THAT is the funniest thing that I've ever heard. Please point out that supporting cast of Romo's.

100 d-1 schools weren't wrong. Tony romo is not an elite qb. He is at best above average only because of his supporting cast. Kitna is better than romo

Same reasons that Ware went to Troy University or Cliff Harris going to Ouachita Baptist (another football powerhouse). Elite has to do with the players around you also. How long was Jordan with the Bulls before he won his first championship? (8 yrs). Walter Peyton must have been pretty bad too. Since he received no offers for college. He was in the league 10 years before he won his first championship.

Being an elite player does not entitle one to winning or winning a championship. It still depends on other players and coaches.

Same reasons that Ware went to Troy University or Cliff Harris going to Ouachita Baptist (another football powerhouse). Elite has to do with the players around you also. How long was Jordan with the Bulls before he won his first championship? (8 yrs). Walter Peyton must have been pretty bad too. Since he received no offers for college. He was in the league 10 years before he won his first championship.

Being an elite player does not entitle one to winning or winning a championship. It still depends on other players and coaches.

Well said spacegolfer...

But I'll do you one better.

Two words.

Kurt Warner.

How many D-1 schools were wrong there?

As with many other anti-Romo threads on this forum, this is yet another one where you anti-Romo guys simply won't win.

Dan Fouts went D-1 but never won a super bowl.

Dan Marino went D-1 but never won a super bowl.

Warren Moon went D-1 but never won a super bowl.

Just another anti-Romo thread that just got exposed. Face it, Romo IS an elite QB. Had it not been for Romo, Dallas would have never made the playoffs in 2006. Had Patrick Crayton caught a perfectly thrown ball in round 2 in 2007, Dallas doesn't lose to the Giants. If you want to place all the blame on Romo for the playoff loss to the Vikings, then go ahead. But that loss was attributed to everyone...Witten, Barber, the offensive line, the defense. But if it makes you feel better, then go ahead, but those of us who watched the games in question know the truth.

When the ball was snapped over Romo's head against the Rams, name another Cowboys QB who could have turned that negative into a positive? When the offensive line couldn't block their way out of a wet paper bag for the majority of Romo's starts, name another QB that could have turned the majority of those games into wins?

I don't even know why I responded to this anti-Romo thread to begin with. It's not like he didn't torch the best secondary in the NFL for over 300 yards and a couple of TD's. Sheesh.

I noticed that MNF announced Miles Austins former school as Garfield High school or something like that! He's good as a blue chipper.

I noticed that MNF announced Miles Austins former school as Garfield High school or something like that! He's good as a blue chipper.

I heard it when Miles announced Garfield High as his school. He used to say Monmouth University. Maybe he just wanted to give some credit to his High School.

He also was an undrafted player that Dallas got.

Quarterbacks are judged by what they do in the 4th quarter. Romo stunk in the 4th quarter. He is also has not led his team to a victory in his last 7 starts. Elite?.....Come on man!

They are not judged by just what they do in the 4th quarter. That mentality is faulty in any book! You seem to think that the qb is the only one the wins and loses games. Expand your thought process and look at reality.

Not wishful thinking at all.

Dallas won the NFC East in 2007 and in 2009. I do believe that Romo was the starting QB was he not?

How did those playoff games turn out???

(before you go and act like I don't already know, I do know they FINALLY won one in 2009)

Romo is a terrible leader/quarterback. He will never win a super bowl.

They are not judged by just what they do in the 4th quarter. That mentality is faulty in any book! You seem to think that the qb is the only one the wins and loses games. Expand your thought process and look at reality.

0-7 in last 7 starts, how many elite QB's have had a streak like that. Pitchers in baseball arent the only ones that win and lose games but they are held accountable statistically because they can dictate the outcome more than anyone on the field. Same with a QB, he can dictate the outcome more than anyone on the field so therefore they are the hero when they win and the ______ when they lose. Nature of the beast my friend and Rony Tomo cant take that pressure.

How did those playoff games turn out???

(before you go and act like I don't already know, I do know they FINALLY won one in 2009)

Romo is a terrible leader/quarterback. He will never win a super bowl.

Aaron Rodgers didn't win a playoff game before last year. Eli Manning didn't win a playoff game before their SB run, and hasn't won one since. Peyton Manning was what, 0-5 in the playoffs before winning? Matt Ryan still hasn't won one.

It is never a good idea to involve statistics that require hindsight.

Umm, one super bowl title in an entire career does NOT make a champion.

One super bowl title with all of those championship calibur 49'er teams does NOT make a champion. (see Trent Dilfer)

Yes, Romo hasn't won a super bowl yet...but neither did Dan Marino. Does that make Marino a chumpion? how about Warren Moon?

I mean, that IS the criteria for your post...correct?

Trent Dilfer produced when he needed to. Steve Young produced all of the time. The basis for my claim was that when given the same situation that Romo was put in Sunday night, Marino, Young, Moon, Dilfer, Montana, Brees, Brady, Manning (Peyton), Tittle, shall I keep going???? They would all throw the ball in the dirt or drop to the ground. 3 points is greater than 0 unless math has changed in the past 100 years.

Wipe away the red from your eyes... Romo isn't where it's at. Young was a champion. Romo is not. Romo is nowhere near the caliber in all aspects of his position as all the QBs listed above were/are. He has all of the tools, just not a tool box to keep them in. The electricity is there, the wires just aren't connected. Someone flips the switch but the light doesn't come on. He is a QB that can get you to the playoffs but can't win when it matters.

Well said spacegolfer...

But I'll do you one better.

Two words.

Kurt Warner.

How many D-1 schools were wrong there?

As with many other anti-Romo threads on this forum, this is yet another one where you anti-Romo guys simply won't win.

Dan Fouts went D-1 but never won a super bowl.

Dan Marino went D-1 but never won a super bowl.

Warren Moon went D-1 but never won a super bowl.

Just another anti-Romo thread that just got exposed. Face it, Romo IS an elite QB. Had it not been for Romo, Dallas would have never made the playoffs in 2006. Had Patrick Crayton caught a perfectly thrown ball in round 2 in 2007, Dallas doesn't lose to the Giants. If you want to place all the blame on Romo for the playoff loss to the Vikings, then go ahead. But that loss was attributed to everyone...Witten, Barber, the offensive line, the defense. But if it makes you feel better, then go ahead, but those of us who watched the games in question know the truth.

When the ball was snapped over Romo's head against the Rams, name another Cowboys QB who could have turned that negative into a positive? When the offensive line couldn't block their way out of a wet paper bag for the majority of Romo's starts, name another QB that could have turned the majority of those games into wins?

I don't even know why I responded to this anti-Romo thread to begin with. It's not like he didn't torch the best secondary in the NFL for over 300 yards and a couple of TD's. Sheesh.

Question. From what you have seen from Tony Romo... do you think he is on a path to the Hall of Fame?

Aaron Rodgers didn't win a playoff game before last year. Eli Manning didn't win a playoff game before their SB run, and hasn't won one since. Peyton Manning was what, 0-5 in the playoffs before winning? Matt Ryan still hasn't won one.

It is never a good idea to involve statistics that require hindsight.

I am not against your post, but wasnt Eli in only his 2nd or 3rd season? And last year was Rodgers 2nd full season starting in Green Bay?

i don't hate Romo at all. he does frustrate me though but, what other QB do they have that will give the team a better chance to win? not Kitna or McGee. Romo actually played a good game the other night except for the 2 turnovers. sure all QB's turn the ball over but for Romo it seems like he does it alot late in games and those turnovers decide the outcome of the game. yes he has won some games for them in the 4th qtr but it seems like when things start snowballing for the team instead of being able to step up and make a huge play for the team offensively he makes negative plays. until he consistently gets past that he will continue to be a good QB who can't win in crunch time.

i'm not giving up on him or the team. the season is only one game old and i feel like they will win alot of games. now, are they Super Bowl contenders? probably not but it's a long season and anything can happen.

Play Romo for three quarters and bring Kitna in for the fourth quarter. That way Romo's out of the game before he self destructs, and I guarantee you Kitna would have thrown the ball away on the play Romo fumbled it. Kitna wouldn't try as many reckless plays as Romo because he's simply not athletic enough. Romo still gets his stats and Kitna can preserve the win.

I had the Cowboys down for a loss in this game anyway, its just a shame though that they beat themselves. Romo gave the game away. I have them at 11-5 and still think it will happen as long as Romo dont give games away. To some of you, when they win its Romo this and Romo that, when they lose its the team this and the team that.