Holy Choke!

Play Romo for three quarters and bring Kitna in for the fourth quarter. That way Romo's out of the game before he self destructs, and I guarantee you Kitna would have thrown the ball away on the play Romo fumbled it. Kitna wouldn't try as many reckless plays as Romo because he's simply not athletic enough. Romo still gets his stats and Kitna can preserve the win.

Brilliant!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quarterbacks are judged by what they do in the 4th quarter. Romo stunk in the 4th quarter. He is also has not led his team to a victory in his last 7 starts. Elite?.....Come on man!

In the six previous starts, Wade Phillips was the head coach.

In Romo's first start under Jason Garrett, he is 0-1.

By the way, how elite did Ben Roethlesburger look in week 1?

Or how about Drew Brees in week 1?

Again, Romo only torched the best secondary in the NFL for over 300 yards and two TD's.

Before sunday's game against the Jets, did you give Dallas any chance at all of being within 3 points of them?

Did you predict them to even be in the lead going into the 4th quarter?

No?

Didn't think so.

How did those playoff games turn out???

(before you go and act like I don't already know, I do know they FINALLY won one in 2009)

Romo is a terrible leader/quarterback. He will never win a super bowl.

Hmm, Patrick Crayton drops a sure TD pass against the Giants in 2007 that would have won them the game, but that's Romo's fault. Not sure how, but I guess you have your reasons.

In 2009 against the Vikings, the entire team fell apart. But again, in your alternate reality, that is Romo's fault as well. Romo forgot how to block, how to catch, how to hold onto the ball, how to kick, how to coach. Yep, all Romo's fault.

Marino never won a super bowl, does that make HIM a terrible leader/quarterback?

Dan Fouts, Warren Moon, Fran Tarkington never won any super bowls either. Are they terrible leaders/quarterbacks?

In the six previous starts, Wade Phillips was the head coach.

In Romo's first start under Jason Garrett, he is 0-1.

By the way, how elite did Ben Roethlesburger look in week 1?

Or how about Drew Brees in week 1?

Again, Romo only torched the best secondary in the NFL for over 300 yards and two TD's.

Before sunday's game against the Jets, did you give Dallas any chance at all of being within 3 points of them?

Did you predict them to even be in the lead going into the 4th quarter?

No?

Didn't think so.

I'm predicting that Dallas won't make the playoffs again this year.

0-7 in last 7 starts, how many elite QB's have had a streak like that. Pitchers in baseball arent the only ones that win and lose games but they are held accountable statistically because they can dictate the outcome more than anyone on the field. Same with a QB, he can dictate the outcome more than anyone on the field so therefore they are the hero when they win and the ______ when they lose. Nature of the beast my friend and Rony Tomo cant take that pressure.

You seem to forget a couple of important facts.

1. Romo went 0-5 in six starts because the defense / team gave up on Wade Phillips.

2. Romo had Dallas in the lead against the Giants when he went down to injury. It was actually Jon Kitna who blew the lead in which Dallas eventually lost.

3. In all 5 losses, Romo had Dallas in the game before the defense gave the games away. That was never more evident than it was against Jacksonville and Green Bay when Kitna was the starter and the blowout losses began.

Can't take the pressure. LOL. Good one.

Trent Dilfer produced when he needed to. Steve Young produced all of the time. The basis for my claim was that when given the same situation that Romo was put in Sunday night, Marino, Young, Moon, Dilfer, Montana, Brees, Brady, Manning (Peyton), Tittle, shall I keep going???? They would all throw the ball in the dirt or drop to the ground. 3 points is greater than 0 unless math has changed in the past 100 years.

Wipe away the red from your eyes... Romo isn't where it's at. Young was a champion. Romo is not. Romo is nowhere near the caliber in all aspects of his position as all the QBs listed above were/are. He has all of the tools, just not a tool box to keep them in. The electricity is there, the wires just aren't connected. Someone flips the switch but the light doesn't come on. He is a QB that can get you to the playoffs but can't win when it matters.<---Funny, the same was said of every QB you just mentioned until they finally starting winning. Which took some time for them all didn't it?

Actually no, Trent Dilfer didn't produce when he needed to. Trent Dilfer was bailed out by an awesome Ravens defense. Yes, Steve Young produced all of the time, but yet, with all the future pro bowlers around him, only "1" super bowl title to his credit. Marino produced, yet no super bowl title. Young produced, yet no super bowl title. Montana produced, and has multiple super bowl titles...this one I agree with. Brees? umm, how did he do in week 1 against the Packers? on yes, that's right...he stunk up the joint didn't he. Brady? get with me once he wins a super bowl that wasn't won by cheating. As you can tell, no super bowl wins since spy-gate. Peyton Manning, yes he has produced, and is darn good...but only "1" super bowl win to his credit.

Yes, please keep going. Outside of Joe Montana, you've made my point for me.

Question. From what you have seen from Tony Romo... do you think he is on a path to the Hall of Fame?

That remains to be seen. But let me ask you a question. Name a passing category where Romo isn't in the top 10. You can start from where Romo became the starter in 2006 until he went down in 2010. You can even add in week 1 of 2011 if you want.

Cowboys fans don't compare Tony Romo to Fouts, Young, Marino, and Dilfer. They compare him to Staubach and Aikman, who have 5 Super Bowl trophies between them. Danny White is considered a failure by many Dallas fans and he led the team to three consecutive NFC Championship games and had a 5-5 playoff record, including the great come from behind win against the Falcons.

During the last few minutes, this thread has provided me some great entertainment. I even laughed out loud a few times.

Mavgrad pegged Romo the best...

Wipe away the red from your eyes... Romo isn't where it's at. Young was a champion. Romo is not. Romo is nowhere near the caliber in all aspects of his position as all the QBs listed above were/are. He has all of the tools, just not a tool box to keep them in. The electricity is there, the wires just aren't connected. Someone flips the switch but the light doesn't come on. He is a QB that can get you to the playoffs but can't win when it matters.

Has Romo been one of the best qb's (statistic-wise) in the league over the past few years. Yes. Would I consider Romo to be an "elite" qb. HELL no! Does he buckle and break down in clutch situations. Hello........ McFly??? Will he go to or win a SB as a Cowboy. NEVER!

You royal blue & silver spin doctors out there are awesome!!

Again I revert to my comment that said ROMO fans blame the team when they lose and praise Romo when they win. You're not a Cowboy Fan buckeye you're a Romo fan. Cowboys lost Sunday, Romo had an opportunity to put the game away, he didnt, therefore he blew it. He said it himself. He looked like he was going to cry in his post game. He keeps saying "I need to learn from it and just be better blah blah blah". No he needs to get his head out of his @#$ and dont give the game away. No doubt he was a huge reason they were ahead up to that point, but he was also the reason they were behind at the end of the game.

Again I revert to my comment that said ROMO fans blame the team when they lose and praise Romo when they win.<---Not at all. When Romo has a bad game, we call him on it. As was stated previously, Dallas wins as a team and loses as a team. However, it is the Romo haters who want to pass the blame to him and not give credit when he does pull off the win. You're not a Cowboy Fan buckeye you're a Romo fan.<---Actually, I'm both. Cowboys lost Sunday, Romo had an opportunity to put the game away, he didnt, therefore he blew it. He said it himself. He looked like he was going to cry in his post game. He keeps saying "I need to learn from it and just be better blah blah blah". No he needs to get his head out of his @#$ and dont give the game away. No doubt he was a huge reason they were ahead up to that point, but he was also the reason they were behind at the end of the game.<---You're correct. He was the reason for both. But just remember, if he's to blame when it goes bad...he also gets credit when it goes good.

Actually no, Trent Dilfer didn't produce when he needed to. Trent Dilfer was bailed out by an awesome Ravens defense. Yes, Steve Young produced all of the time, but yet, with all the future pro bowlers around him, only "1" super bowl title to his credit. Marino produced, yet no super bowl title. Young produced, yet no super bowl title. Montana produced, and has multiple super bowl titles...this one I agree with. Brees? umm, how did he do in week 1 against the Packers? on yes, that's right...he stunk up the joint didn't he. Brady? get with me once he wins a super bowl that wasn't won by cheating. As you can tell, no super bowl wins since spy-gate. Peyton Manning, yes he has produced, and is darn good...but only "1" super bowl win to his credit.

Yes, please keep going. Outside of Joe Montana, you've made my point for me.

Don't forget to add...while Montana and the West Coast Offense were certainly formidable, he was also backed by one of the best pass defenses of the modern passing era at the time. So much so, that the 49ers won a Super Bowl before Jerry Rice was drafted.

Quarterbacks are important, and to many, they are all important. However, dynasties are built on pass defenses.

Works for me. By the way, how did Brees do in week one? did he do better than Romo? Yes or no?

You gotta be kidding. Brees 3 TD 0 INT 0 Fumbles.

Google any recap of the game and see if you can see anybody critical of Brees' play. You act like it's only Cowboys fans talking about Romo's critical errors at the end of games. It's national. Watch espn, look on yahoo sports, watch the NFL network. It's not just Cowboy's fans.

You gotta be kidding. Brees 3 TD 0 INT 0 Fumbles.<---And yet, the Saints still lost didn't they.

Google any recap of the game and see if you can see anybody critical of Brees' play.<---Of course Saints fans aren't going to be critical of Brees. You forget, I live here in Louisiana and I have to hand it to those saints fans, when Brees doesn't perform or doesn't get the team into the super bowl every year, they aren't ready to throw him under the bus. I guess not everyone are Cowboy fans. You act like it's only Cowboys fans talking about Romo's critical errors at the end of games. It's national. Watch espn, look on yahoo sports, watch the NFL network. It's not just Cowboy's fans.

Drew Brees 32-49 for 419 yards. 65.3% completion rate with a QB rating of 112.5 against the Packers

Tony Romo 23-36 for 342 yards. 63.9% completion rate with a QB rating of 101.9 against the Jets

Brees did well against a Packers defense that isn't anywhere close to what the Jets have. Romo put up 342 yards passing with three new offensive linemen, while being sacked 4 times, and running out of the pocket on a regular basis. But because it's Romo, we're just going to ignore that fact.

Drew Brees 32-49 for 419 yards. 65.3% completion rate with a QB rating of 112.5 against the Packers

Tony Romo 23-36 for 342 yards. 63.9% completion rate with a QB rating of 101.9 against the Jets

Brees did well against a Packers defense that isn't anywhere close to what the Jets have. Romo put up 342 yards passing with three new offensive linemen, while being sacked 4 times, and running out of the pocket on a regular basis. But because it's Romo, we're just going to ignore that fact.

i see the point you are trying to make but the two defenses you are comparing are rated on last years statistics. you never know the Jets defense may turn out to not be very good this year. i doubt that will be the case but you never know

Brees did not blow the game. Romo did. You can breakdown what I wrote/typed out into quotes, but if you choose not to read a post as a whole, that is your problem.

So to summarize what I wrote and why I used the QBs I did... Romo has what it takes physically. Mentally, he is still dreaming of Jessica and Carrie in the 4th quarter. The dude just does not have it.

i see the point you are trying to make but the two defenses you are comparing are rated on last years statistics. you never know the Jets defense may turn out to not be very good this year. i doubt that will be the case but you never know

Or just maybe Dallas could be that good! You never know .... to quote you.

Brees did not blow the game. Romo did. You can breakdown what I wrote/typed out into quotes, but if you choose not to read a post as a whole, that is your problem.

So to summarize what I wrote and why I used the QBs I did... Romo has what it takes physically. Mentally, he is still dreaming of Jessica and Carrie in the 4th quarter. The dude just does not have it.

Good example of perception vs. reality. You do know that Brees has been more turnover-prone than Romo?

Romo has thrown 10 4th quarter interceptions since he became a full-time starter. Brees threw 9 last year ALONE.

Was Brees and the Saints ever in the lead against the Packers? At least Dallas DID have the lead against the Jets. Yes, Romo threw a pick and the Jets won the game. But Brees didn't even have that. The Pack jumped out early on the Saints and never looked back. Again, Romo had THREE new offensive linemen with a combined ONE NFL start to their credit and STILL threw for 342 yards. So if you want to state that he was dreaming of Jessica and Carrie in the 4th (although now married to someone else), then go ahead.