Holy Choke!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's that fumble inside the Jets five yard line that is aggravating. Awareness of the game situation (a field goal makes it a two possession game in the 4th quarter) and maturity are intangibles of a winning quarterback. Romo is in his 6th year and should know to take care of the ball in that situation.

It's that fumble inside the Jets five yard line that is aggravating. Awareness of the game situation (a field goal makes it a two possession game in the 4th quarter) and maturity are intangibles of a winning quarterback. Romo is in his 6th year and should know to take care of the ball in that situation.

Agreed. He should have known to take better care of the ball. He should have slid feet first, but wanted to score a TD. He realized the mistake and tried to dive. Yes, he made a mistake and tried to do too much. But hey, it showed that he wanted to win. Mistake? yes. He made a mistake, plain and simple. Of course, I don't recall saying otherwise.

Was Brees and the Saints ever in the lead against the Packers? At least Dallas DID have the lead against the Jets. Yes, Romo threw a pick and the Jets won the game. But Brees didn't even have that. The Pack jumped out early on the Saints and never looked back. Again, Romo had THREE new offensive linemen with a combined ONE NFL start to their credit and STILL threw for 342 yards. So if you want to state that he was dreaming of Jessica and Carrie in the 4th (although now married to someone else), then go ahead.

are you implying that you think Tony Romo is a better QB than Brees. Are you also implying that Tony Romo had a better game than Drew Brees?

Seriously? Drew Brees doesn't play defense, neither does Romo... But Brees also didn't give the ball to the Packers and say "here, just win this already"

are you implying that you think Tony Romo is a better QB than Brees. Are you also implying that Tony Romo had a better game than Drew Brees?

Seriously? Drew Brees doesn't play defense, neither does Romo... But Brees also didn't give the ball to the Packers and say "here, just win this already"

I'm implying that Romo is right up there with Brees. You can disagree all you want, but the stats don't lie. Wait, are you implying that Brees has never blown any games? Is THAT what you're implying?

I'm implying that Romo is right up there with Brees. You can disagree all you want, but the stats don't lie. Wait, are you implying that Brees has never blown any games? Is THAT what you're implying?

I'm not implying anything when I say that Brees is great and Romo is not. Stats stats stats stats and more stats. I didn't realize that stats won games.

All QBs have bad games, just not consistently like Romo has. You are suggesting that Romo is one of the top 5 QBs in the league right now. What has he done to be annoited to that level? Please show me the stats.

All QBs have bad games, just not consistently like Romo has. You are suggesting that Romo is one of the top 5 QBs in the league right now. What has he done to be annoited to that level? Please show me the stats.

Where do you get that I've said top 5? I do believe that I've stated on a regular basis that Romo is one of the top 10QB's in the league right now. But, pick a passing stat...any passing stat and I bet that Romo is in the top 10 of QB's.

If Brees is so great, what happened to the Saints last season when they played the lowly Seahawks in the playoffs?

Oops.

You think you are really smart. "oops". The saints losing in the playoffs last year doen't prove any significant point for you, other than you can't come up with much else to say. How many time do I have to say it.....YOU CANNOT WIN IN THE NFL WITHOUT AN ELITE QB, BUT YOU CAN LOSE WITH AN ELITE QB. Romo is not elite, that's why the cows don't have a shot at winning a super bowl.

Where do you get that I've said top 5? I do believe that I've stated on a regular basis that Romo is one of the top 10QB's in the league right now. But, pick a passing stat...any passing stat and I bet that Romo is in the top 10 of QB's.

Here comes the stats again...

How about you find this stat for me...since God annointed you the stat guru.. How many 4th quarter chokes has romo come up with???

You think you are really smart. "oops". The saints losing in the playoffs last year doen't prove any significant point for you, other than you can't come up with much else to say. How many time do I have to say it.....YOU CANNOT WIN IN THE NFL WITHOUT AN ELITE QB, BUT YOU CAN LOSE WITH AN ELITE QB. Romo is not elite, that's why the cows don't have a shot at winning a super bowl.

Again your statement is false and ridiculous!

Again your statement is false and ridiculous!

I think that you and someone else on here are ridiculous,...but why don't you show me how my statement is false. Can you do that for me? I'll wait while you go dig up a name or two and some bogus "STATS" that you might love more than you love romo.

I think that you and someone else on here are ridiculous,...but why don't you show me how my statement is false. Can you do that for me? I'll wait while you go dig up a name or two and some bogus "STATS" that you might love more than you love romo.

I decided this time to not give you an answer. You are too dense to see the error you keep typing.

Here comes the stats again...

How about you find this stat for me...since God annointed you the stat guru.. How many 4th quarter chokes has romo come up with???

Stats will trump circular reasoning. Statistics will show a baseline over time, and easily can disprove any inference from a single sample or game. If you want to make an argument for your point of view, you'll need deductive reasoning, because circular logic only works for Oprah.

As for your question...the article from ColdHardFootballFacts comes up with a win percentage. Not surpisingly, Romo doesn't "choke" any more than any other Top 5 quarterback (but you wouldn't know that unless you used...Statistics...to compare him to his peers).

Stats will trump circular reasoning. Statistics will show a baseline over time, and easily can disprove any inference from a single sample or game. If you want to make an argument for your point of view, you'll need deductive reasoning, because circular logic only works for Oprah.

As for your question...the article from ColdHardFootballFacts comes up with a win percentage. Not surpisingly, Romo doesn't "choke" any more than any other Top 5 quarterback (but you wouldn't know that unless you used...Statistics...to compare him to his peers).

Romo will never win a super bowl.

You think you are really smart. "oops". The saints losing in the playoffs last year doen't prove any significant point for you,<---Sure it does. Your elite QB got bounced by the lowly Seahawks. Had Seattle not been in the pourous NFC West, they wouldn't have even BEEN in the playoffs. other than you can't come up with much else to say. How many time do I have to say it.....YOU CANNOT WIN IN THE NFL WITHOUT AN ELITE QB,<---So you're trying to say that Doug Williams and Trent Dilfer are elite QB's? BUT YOU CAN LOSE WITH AN ELITE QB.<---Hmm, you can lose with an elite QB, but Romo isn't elite? LOL. Classic. Romo is not elite, that's why the cows don't have a shot at winning a super bowl.<---Dallas had a shot in 2007 when they barely lost to the Giants. You remember them, the same Giants who beat the Bucs, the Pack, Dallas, and the Pats. But please look in that crystal ball and let us know the power ball numbers. Thanks.

There is no way you will know that!!!! Any QB in the NFL can win at anytime-

I understand your hate for Romo but please tell us the story......Did he take your Prom Date away in highschool or do something to your koolaid :o

He cain't help it. It's his limited vocabulary. He has an obsession with hating Romo because he does represent a very successful average guy. He's the average player that is succeeding and he also got the hot women and married one. And........ he got to go to Cabo!