Quarterbacks Better Than Tony Romo

DaveTV1

I'm assuming your list is mostly bait for argument.

But there is a better debate to be had here. Could you name the objective criteria with which you've chosen these quarterbacks? Are they weighted? How did you choose your criteria? Are they adjusted for a specific time frame (i.e. the longer careers of Brady/Manning vs. Rodgers/Ryan)?

Quite frankly, any methodology you've chosen is far more important than the list itself. After all, if your methodology is weak, then it stands to reason that your list...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote Ocho (Child Please!) You really need to get out more and watch some football. Your list is ridiculous! But it is YOUR list and not reality.laugh.gif I'm really trying to not laugh too hard.

You are one to talk about "reality". You haven't lived in reality since I've met you.

I'm assuming your list is mostly bait for argument.

But there is a better debate to be had here. Could you name the objective criteria with which you've chosen these quarterbacks? Are they weighted? How did you choose your criteria? Are they adjusted for a specific time frame (i.e. the longer careers of Brady/Manning vs. Rodgers/Ryan)?

Quite frankly, any methodology you've chosen is far more important than the list itself. After all, if your methodology is weak, then it stands to reason that your list...

My criteria was basically do they have a pulse and are they good enough to be in the league. Those two components make them all better than Romo.

You are one to talk about "reality". You haven't lived in reality since I've met you.

My criteria was basically do they have a pulse and are they good enough to be in the league. Those two components make them all better than Romo.

So how would you rate them against each other? I get the Romo bias, but it means nothing without any logic behind it. The same with your list.

So how would you rate them against each other? I get the Romo bias, but it means nothing without any logic behind it. The same with your list.

Here is a start to your first question:

P. Manning

Brady

Brees

Rogers

E. Manning

Big Ben

Vick

In that order. Vick made my list mainly because he can single handedly change the game with his legs or arm. Notice that Cam Newton made my list earlier too. Same reason there.

P. Manning

Brady

Brees

Rogers

E. Manning

Big Ben

Vick

In that order. Vick made my list mainly because he can single handedly change the game with his legs or arm. Notice that Cam Newton made my list earlier too. Same reason there.

Eli and Vick are not anywhere near the level of these guys and Romo!

If one was to ponder starting an NFL franchise a case could be made for 18 current QBs that may be better options than Romo depending on the short/long term goals of the team....In no particuliar order : Brady, Rogers, Brees, Ryan, Schaub, Stafford, Flacco, Rivers, Vick, Kolb, Bradford, Sanchez, Cutler, Freeman, Manning , Manning, Rothlesclucker and Newton........I am aware that Cow fans and their blind love of Romo will discard many on this list ~ their perception is skewed...To be able to come up with that many that atleast a decent arguement could be made for outside of Cowville is a pretty fair indicator that Romo is far from an elite signal caller.....

P. Manning

Brady

Brees

Rogers

E. Manning

Big Ben

Vick

This isn't an answer to my first question. It's a shorter list of your previous list. I'm not being condescending when I ask how you would judge a quarterback objectively. "Game changey-ness" is a subjective, non-logical assumption that seems to hinge on who ESPN polls.

Yards, Interceptions, Passer Rating? Yards Per Attempt? Bad Decision Percentage? DVOA? Handsomeness? Who plays on a better team?

Romo should not ever be mentioned in the same sentence with any of these guys I listed. Answer me this all of you die hards with a man crush on Romo. WHAT HAS HE EVER DONE FOR YOU OR THE COWBOYS?

From other post Bayou-

Brees is a great QB and leader for his team and I hate the saints- but you don't know what type of leader Romo is for his team and to say he is none of the above is not right. He has made his mishaps- and still has alot to learn- but on ESPN and all talk shows and even Smoaky- people are REALLY bashing him. Not just Romo this and Romo that....It is past the line bashing (and alot of it comes from COWBOY FANS!!!!!!!)

One person said Cowboy fans will always be on the QB...... Wanting him to do better is one thing, but people are asking for his head right now!!!!! that is wrong and ANY TRUE COWBOY FAN knows that!!! Heck this is his first game back from a injury. How did Brady do when he came back,,,, check the stat sheets!!!!!!!

It is not a man crush.... it is a fact that you have something personal with him and do not like him. He has not done anything yet for the Cowboys but to say even a highschool QB is better then him,as you have, you do not know much about the NFL. He is there isn't he. You list some for their stats, then some for their leadership, then some for their ATH> ability, (with a jail term)

This isn't an answer to my first question. It's a shorter list of your previous list. I'm not being condescending when I ask how you would judge a quarterback objectively. "Game changey-ness" is a subjective, non-logical assumption that seems to hinge on who ESPN polls.

Yards, Interceptions, Passer Rating? Yards Per Attempt? Bad Decision Percentage? DVOA? Handsomeness? Who plays on a better team?

Romo is #1 on wearing stupid looking hats....that's for sure. I don't "study" all of those stats like alot of gurus who feel they have to prove Romo (since he obviously cannot prove himself). My list was based on my observations and opinion in regards to who gets the job done more often than not. And in my opinion, Romo does not, and has rarely gotten the job done. I never see Romo do anything like Brady did last week. I never see Romo on highlights doing anything spectacular. Based on that type of logic, any quarterback who just doesn't go "lose" the game is better than Romo.

Without doing and searching here is what I got:

Manning<---If you're talking career wise, Yes Peyton is better. But he didn't play in week one did he?

Manning<---LOL. Eli epic fail against the Redskins. Please, show stats to support this.

Brees<---Maybe, maybe not. But again, show stats to support this.

Big Ben<---Possible. But he didn't look very good against the Ravens now did he?

Kitna<---LOL. Based on what? You didn't research very well did you?

McGee<---LOL. Again, based on what? Oh wait, more sarcasm?

Grossman<---LOL. More sarcasm?

Cutler<---Based on what?

Tebow<---LOL. You're not very good at this are you?

McCoy<---In what? This season, career stats? what?

Brady<---That might be possible. Funny thing though, Brady hasn't done squat since Spygate has he?

Vick<---HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! More sarcasm?

Rivers<---What has Rivers done that Romo hasn't?

Sanchez<---LOL. Based on what? season stats or career stats? I love how you keep moving the goal posts in this.

Rodgers<---Right now, yes I'll give you Rodgers.

Newton (I can't wait to hear your comeback on this one)<---HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Wow, BayouBengal is already making Cam Newton a hall of famer.

I can come back with more if you'd want. Just give me time.

LOL, take all the time you need. I ran through this list and threw the majority of it in the garbage. Maybe next time you'll fair better. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

P. Manning<---Peyton Manning. Yes I agree there.

Brady<---Brady? What has he done since Spygate?

Brees<---Brees. Possible.

Rogers<---Right now? Yes, Rodgers is better.

E. Manning<---LOL. Not hardly.

Big Ben<---Again. I might can agree here but did he not look horrible against the Ravens?

Vick<---Yes, Vick has killed dogs and Romo hasn't. In football? not hardly.

In that order. Vick made my list mainly because he can single handedly change the game with his legs or arm. Notice that Cam Newton made my list earlier too. Same reason there.<---Vick used to be relevent, but now...no . Vick in no way at the QB position is better than Romo. But feel free to post "stats" to support your argument.

Romo should not ever be mentioned in the same sentence with any of these guys I listed. Answer me this all of you die hards with a man crush on Romo. WHAT HAS HE EVER DONE FOR YOU OR THE COWBOYS?

Got Dallas in the playoffs in 2006.

Then won the NFC East in 2007 and 2009.

Defeated the Eagles in the playoffs in 2009, which was 1st playoff win since forever.

You must not keep up with Dallas very much.

If one was to ponder starting an NFL franchise a case could be made for 18 current QBs that may be better options than Romo depending on the short/long term goals of the team....In no particuliar order : Brady, Rogers, Brees, Ryan, Schaub, Stafford, Flacco, Rivers, Vick, Kolb, Bradford, Sanchez, Cutler, Freeman, Manning , Manning, Rothlesclucker and Newton........I am aware that Cow fans and their blind love of Romo will discard many on this list ~ their perception is skewed...To be able to come up with that many that atleast a decent arguement could be made for outside of Cowville is a pretty fair indicator that Romo is far from an elite signal caller.....

Our perception is skewed?

What has Ryan, Schaub, Stafford, Flacco, Vick, Kolb, Bradford, Sanchez, Cutler, Freeman, Eli Manning, and Newton done to be considered elite?

LOL. What discards many on this list is the same "criteria" you used to attempt to list them in the first place.

The fact that you guys can't come up with a legitimate 15 much less 10 QB's to prove your point is your problem and not ours.

However, stats prove our claim, which is why the anti-Romo fans are having the tough time.

BayouBengal is good at moving the goal posts to support his stance. The only problem is, every time he moves the goal posts, he STILL can't find 15 QB's much less 10 who are better than Romo.

LOL. But again, what else is new?

However, stats prove our claim, which is why the anti-Romo fans are having the tough time.

That's the whole point. He has the stats, but he doesn't close the deal. And no matter what you say 90% of us are not anti-Romo. We're against the veteran leader of the team making critical mistakes when the game is on the line. Spin it however it makes you feel better.

BayouBengal is good at moving the goal posts to support his stance. The only problem is, every time he moves the goal posts, he STILL can't find 15 QB's much less 10 who are better than Romo.

LOL. But again, what else is new?

You want stats stats and more stats. How about wins wins and even more importantly...significant wins. Play your stat game. What has Romo's stats ever won for Dallas. NOTHING.....

LOL, take all the time you need. I ran through this list and threw the majority of it in the garbage. Maybe next time you'll fair better. But I'm not going to hold my breath.

As far as what has Brady done since spygate you do know the Patiots had like 517 yards of offense this week only right? How do the Boyz stack up to that?

Romo is #1 on wearing stupid looking hats....that's for sure. I don't "study" all of those stats like alot of gurus who feel they have to prove Romo (since he obviously cannot prove himself). My list was based on my observations and opinion in regards to who gets the job done more often than not. And in my opinion, Romo does not, and has rarely gotten the job done. I never see Romo do anything like Brady did last week. I never see Romo on highlights doing anything spectacular. Based on that type of logic, any quarterback who just doesn't go "lose" the game is better than Romo.

LOL. Cowboys vs Rams. Snap goes over Romo's head and rolls back approximately 35 yards. Romo gets the ball, turns it into a first down (by running the ball) and then scores a TD on that drive. Romo dodged a ferocious pass rush against the Falcons to throw a TD pass in the endzone. Just off the top of my head. Now then, about what Brady did last week. He was playing against the Dolphins, not exactly a vaunted defense. But since you brought Brady up in this thread, what did Brady do against this same Jets defense last season in the playoffs? was it better than Romo?

If so, please post stats to support. If you don't, then it means your argument got squashed....

Again.

That's the whole point. He has the stats, but he doesn't close the deal. And no matter what you say 90% of us are not anti-Romo. We're against the veteran leader of the team making critical mistakes when the game is on the line.<---A statement that we can all agree on. Spin it however it makes you feel better.

You want stats stats and more stats. How about wins wins and even more importantly...significant wins. Play your stat game. What has Romo's stats ever won for Dallas. NOTHING.....

Got us into the playoffs in 2006 when we weren't going to be there otherwise.

NFC East Titles in 2007 and 2009.

You can read can't you?

While I think Romo COULD do a LOT better and he certainly has a black mark with almost all Cowboys fans...I still say he's a good fit to win some games with this team. Now, along the lines of the list of QB's better than him right now, here is mine:

Brady, Rodgers, P. Manning, Brees....if you need reasoning behind that list, you obviously don't watch enough NFL.

You can argue for almost any other QB in the league (except for rookies) as to why you THINK they are better than Romo right now. Sorry, but you can't argue with the above 4...MAYBE even throw in Big Ben as well.