Quarterbacks Better Than Tony Romo

DaveTV1

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how folks forget about the Dave campo/quincy carter era. It could be worse just saying ,I mean the cowboys were looking at ryan leaf for crying out loud lol! Romo is the best chance to win right now.

Funny how the Cowbelles didn't win a game last year until Romo was out.

Great point!!!!!!!!!! The people that are bashing him are not Cowboy fans. True FANS shake their heads still at him, but we still believe in the team. If he goes and wins a SB or two where will he be in the eyes.

But to trash him and say he is not a leader- which I doubt any of us on here know what goes on in the locker room, is just wrong. You don't know him, and to keep bringing up the vacation is trash. Was I mad, he AND WITTEN did that. HELL YES. But their coach did tell them to get out of town and get away from football for a few days.

And to tell me anyone wouldn't go to beach with that "bimbo" you must have a real man crush on Brees.

I'm an LSU fan and we haven't had a quarterback in about 5 years now. I'll be the first to tell you how bad that position has played for LSU lately. It was amazing how against Oregon, all Lee had to do was just not screw up and LSU dominated that game. Maybe if Romo would just quit screwing up the cows could have a shot. He doesn't have to be great....just quit giving games away.

You could dress a cowpie up with whoop cream and make it taste slightly better if ya wanted. Bottom line is ,with less than 3 minutes left in an important game any QB is as good or better than Tony turnover. We need a #1 guy!

I'm an LSU fan and we haven't had a quarterback in about 5 years now. I'll be the first to tell you how bad that position has played for LSU lately. It was amazing how against Oregon, all Lee had to do was just not screw up and LSU dominated that game. Maybe if Romo would just quit screwing up the cows could have a shot. He doesn't have to be great....just quit giving games away.

I think you are totally right about that. Everytime it gets to where he needs to come up with a big play, I am saying to my self...oh sh#$%#.

You said it good, just do what the game asks you to do!!!!! (Ron Washingtons saying)

He needs to stop trying to be Favre and just be himself.

Bottom line is ,with less than 3 minutes left in an important game any QB is as good or better than Tony turnover. We need a #1 guy!

Interceptions by 4th Quarter (Quarterbacks Since 2006)

Tom Brady - 12 (One entire year missed due to injury)

Aaron Rodgers - 9 (3 Years Only)

Peyton Manning - 13

Drew Brees - 26

Tony Romo - 15

Ben Roethlisberger - 21

Eli Manning - 29

Michael Vick - 3 (Only 1 1/2 years)

Peyton Manning - 13

Drew Brees - 26

Tony Romo - 15

Ben Roethlisberger - 21

Eli Manning - 29

This sure shows the credibility of our fans on here when they talk about how bad he is in the 4th quarter. Looks to me like he might be a clutch player. Of course the rebuttals will be that they were all crucial times and the other qb's were not. Sounds like a double standard to me.

This also brings to the front that defenses on some of the teams were quite good. You just can't win big games with so many ints.

Peyton Manning - 13

Drew Brees - 26

Tony Romo - 15

Ben Roethlisberger - 21

Eli Manning - 29

Trips to the Superbowl:

Tom Brady - 4

Aaron Rodgers - 1

Peyton Manning - 2

Drew Brees - 1

Tony Romo - 0

Ben Roethlisberger - 2

Eli Manning - 1

Michael Vick - 0, but I wonder which bodily appendage uncle Jerry would give to trade Romo for Vick.

Trips to the Superbowl:

Tom Brady - 4

Aaron Rodgers - 1

Peyton Manning - 2

Drew Brees - 1

Tony Romo - 0

Ben Roethlisberger - 2

Eli Manning - 1

Michael Vick - 0, but I wonder which bodily appendage uncle Jerry would give to trade Romo for Vick.

Brees won his only trip, Eli won his only trip, Rogers won his only trip.......

This sure shows the credibility of our fans on here..... Looks to me like he might be a clutch player.

Uh huh..How's your credibililty on the statements (1) Wade Phillips can get it done here (2)Roy Williams is a valuable asset here (3) there's no reason to panic because we are 0-5, they will be fine. Who's credibility seems to be on target here ? You paint cricitism as hatred. You should be in politics

Ahh, but what happened to Brees when the Saints played the Seahawks in the playoffs last year?

You mean that elite QB couldn't get the Saints past the lowly Seahawks?

*shakes head*

Oops.

Pierre Thomas, R.Bush and Marcus Bell were all injured. Plus the Defense stunk that day!

Trips to the Superbowl:

Tom Brady - 4

Aaron Rodgers - 1

Peyton Manning - 2

Drew Brees - 1

Tony Romo - 0

Ben Roethlisberger - 2

Eli Manning - 1

Top 10 Pass Defenses for Quarterbacks winning the Super Bowl

Tom Brady - 6

Aaron Rodgers - 1

Peyton Manning - 7

Drew Brees - 2

Tony Romo - 0

Ben Roethlisberger - 7

Eli Manning - 2

Michael Vick - 2 or 3 (It was with Atlanta. Unsure)

This sure shows the credibility of our fans on here when they talk about how bad he is in the 4th quarter. Looks to me like he might be a clutch player. Of course the rebuttals will be that they were all crucial times and the other qb's were not. Sounds like a double standard to me.

This also brings to the front that defenses on some of the teams were quite good. You just can't win big games with so many ints.

Is every 4th quarter drive crucial? ....NOPE

Romo is currently 12th is efficiency rating, but there are QBs with a lower rating that I consider better QBs than Romo.

My problem with Romo is when he throws a INT or screws up he is smiling and walking off the field. At least act like it makes you mad at yourself.

Ahh, but what happened to Brees when the Saints played the Seahawks in the playoffs last year?

You mean that elite QB couldn't get the Saints past the lowly Seahawks?

*shakes head*

Oops.

The 'lowly' Seahags were atleast in the playoffs as well as the Saints while your Cows were at home.....Don't blame Romo though, he was able to guide the talent laden superbowl favorites to a sparkling 1-5 start in 2010.........

Romo is currently 12th is efficiency rating, but there are QBs with a lower rating that I consider better QBs than Romo.

My problem with Romo is when he throws a INT or screws up he is smiling and walking off the field. At least act like it makes you mad at yourself.

1. You need a larger sample size if you're going to crunch statistics.

2. You are referring to "I Hate Don Meredith" syndrome. There isn't a starting quarterback that the Cowboys have ever had that wasn't hated intensely right from the start, save Staubach.

My problem isn't that he is smiling coming off the field,,,,,some people do that, it is a ticked off, i am such a #$#$ ###, cant believe I did that smile. He isn't on the sideline tweetin it.

My problem is that he does try to do to much....... I wish he would do what the game asks him to do like Wash says- Texas Rangers saying

Pierre Thomas, R.Bush and Marcus Bell were all injured. Plus the Defense stunk that day!

His name was Mike Bell. But I like how injuries and "defense stunk that day" can be used for any other QB "other" than Romo.

Dallas had injuries in 2006

Dallas had injuries in 2007

Dallas had a defense that stunk up the joint in 2009.

But I'm still waiting on BayouBengal's "excuse"

The 'lowly' Seahags were atleast in the playoffs<---Only because they were 7-9 and in a weak NFC West division. Would the Seahawks make the playoffs in any other division that season? as well as the Saints while your Cows were at home.....Don't blame Romo though, he was able to guide the talent laden superbowl favorites to a sparkling 1-5 start in 2010.........

LOL. The team had quit on Wade Phillips. Don't you find it strange that Dallas started winning games when Garrett took over as Head Coach? At least when Dallas got bounced from the playoffs it was against a good quality playoff team like Philadelphia or Minnisota.