Tony; Romo: Choke Artist Or Not?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does throwing two pick 6's with a 24 point lead at home, leading to the worst collapse in Cowboys' history, classify as being a choke artist? If it does not, what would qualify?

Dallas lost by 4 points. Those two pick sixes only brought the Lions to within 10 points. Please, account for the Lions other 20 points.

I believe that falls on the defense.

Jump ball to Johnson, all any of three Dallas defenders has to do is simply knock the ball down, but all three underplay the pass. So how is that Romo's fault again?

A holding call in the endzone when the Dallas corner didn't need to, gave the Lions another TD. So again, how is that Romo's fault?

Oh wait, it was Romo who didn't knock the ball down and it was Romo who held the Lions receiver in the endzone. I got it now.

Dallas lost by 4 points. Those two pick sixes only brought the Lions to within 10 points. Please, account for the Lions other 20 points.

Jump ball to Johnson, all any of three Dallas defenders has to do is simply knock the ball down, but all three underplay the pass. So how is that Romo's fault again?

A holding call in the endzone when the Dallas corner didn't need to, gave the Lions another TD. So again, how is that Romo's fault?

Oh wait, it was Romo who didn't knock the ball down and it was Romo who held the Lions receiver in the endzone. I got it now.

We're obviously dealing with a person who is never played a sport in his or HER life. Nomo's turnovers not only gave up 14 points but also shifted the momentum of the game. He single handily gave this game away.

he threw another int late in the game that accounted for another Detroit score.

Put the pipe down. 14 points scored without the defense on the field. You ever heard of momentum? Think that might have gave the Lions some? Another pick at the end of the game that set up the winning score in our end of the field. I have supported Romo in the past, but no one with vision or hearing could blame this game on anyone but him.

They are the AGGIES of the NFL Had the game won and blew it. Romo should be bench and the defense should do some extra work.Great starters but can not finish.

I was so disgusted mid way through the fourth quarter that I went outside and decorated the yard for fall.

Lmao, dumb!@# comment, they scored 14 points and the defense wasnt even on the field. Did you watch the game?

Yes, I did watch the game. When Carp picked the ball off, it was a poor decision by Romo but it happens...(See Brady and the Bills). On the second pick, the Cowboys receiver could have done a better job. The third pick on the pass to Witten should not have been thrown. However, the second pick six was NOT Romo's fault.

Now then, the two pick sixes only account for 14 of Detroit's points. They scored 34. How is the other 20 Romo's fault again?

We're obviously dealing with a person who is never played a sport in his or HER life. Nomo's turnovers not only gave up 14 points but also shifted the momentum of the game. He single handily gave this game away.

He did?

Where was that Dallas defense in the second half?

You Romo haters want to put the loss totally on Romo...but I thought that this was a "team" sport.

Interesting.

he threw another int late in the game that accounted for another Detroit score.

He did not let Detroit march up the field to score the winning td. The defense of Dallas played well overall. Our receivers started dropping #### late and running backs could not gain yardage and Romo threw the ints. Looks again like it was another TEAM loss.

Put the pipe down. 14 points scored without the defense on the field. You ever heard of momentum? Think that might have gave the Lions some? Another pick at the end of the game that set up the winning score in our end of the field. I have supported Romo in the past, but no one with vision or hearing could blame this game on anyone but him.

As I stated earlier, the first pick six was a pass that Romo should not have thrown. The second pick six falls on the receiver, sorry but you put the pipe down. The third interception that Romo threw in the direction of Witten should not have been thrown, but in no way does that take away from the fact that the Dallas defense didn't stop the Lions when they needed to.

Did Romo make mistakes? you bet he did. Did the Cowboys defense respond in the second half when they should have? no. No they did not.

To put this game totally on Romo when the defense fell down in the second half is incorrect. Had the defense played in the second half like they did in the first half, we wouldn't be talking about a loss now would we?

You want to talk about momentum? The Lions defense didn't lay down in the second half after a bad first half now did they?

A double standard perhaps?

He did not let Detroit march up the field to score the winning td. The defense of Dallas played well overall. Our receivers started dropping #### late and running backs could not gain yardage and Romo threw the ints. Looks again like it was another TEAM loss.

He gave Detroit a short field and stuck the Dallas defense right back on the field right after they had done a nice job of holding them to a field goal the series before, when the Lions had started with another short field. Utterly demoralizing.

He did?

Where was that Dallas defense in the second half?

You Romo haters want to put the loss totally on Romo...but I thought that this was a "team" sport.

Interesting.

OMG you were the one wearing the Pink ROMOSEXUAL Jersey at WalMart werent you? I can't believe you are shoveling this on the Cowboys Defense. Yes, they are partly to blame, but ROMO gave up 14 points. Last time I checked, the offense shouldn't have to play defense.

I don't ever like comparing Romo to Brees, but Brees is the only QB I really root for. But similar situation in the 2nd half of the Saints game. Saints up 13 in the 4th quarter. Brees drops back to pass, gets chased out of the pocket, everyone is covered... WHat does he do? Throws the ball at the feet of the RB, incomplete. 3rd down, drops back to pass, under alot of pressure. What does he do? Tucks the ball and goes down. Brees let the defense do what it is supposed to do instead of trying to "win the game" with a lead. Those were situations where Romo used poor judgement to make plays happen when they didnt need to happen. The result, the worst meltdown in Cowboys history.

He gave Detroit a short field and stuck the Dallas defense right back on the field right after they had done a nice job of holding them to a field goal the series before, when the Lions had started with another short field. Utterly demoralizing.

Hmm, Detroit's defense didn't get utterly demoralized after the first half did they?

Yes, I did watch the game. When Carp picked the ball off, it was a poor decision by Romo but it happens...(See Brady and the Bills). On the second pick, the Cowboys receiver could have done a better job. The third pick on the pass to Witten should not have been thrown. However, the second pick six was NOT Romo's fault.

Now then, the two pick sixes only account for 14 of Detroit's points. They scored 34. How is the other 20 Romo's fault again?

shouldn't even mention Romo in the same breath with Brady.

OMG you were the one wearing the Pink ROMOSEXUAL Jersey at WalMart werent you?<---Are you making a pass at me? Sorry, but I'm happily married. If that's your lifestyle, then be happy about it...I guess. But I prefer women. I can't believe you are shoveling this on the Cowboys Defense. Yes, they are partly to blame, but ROMO gave up 14 points. Last time I checked, the offense shouldn't have to play defense.

I don't ever like comparing Romo to Brees, but Brees is the only QB I really root for. But similar situation in the 2nd half of the Saints game. Saints up 13 in the 4th quarter. Brees drops back to pass, gets chased out of the pocket, everyone is covered... WHat does he do? Throws the ball at the feet of the RB, incomplete. 3rd down, drops back to pass, under alot of pressure. What does he do? Tucks the ball and goes down. Brees let the defense do what it is supposed to do instead of trying to "win the game" with a lead. Those were situations where Romo used poor judgement to make plays happen when they didnt need to happen. The result, the worst meltdown in Cowboys history.

Wait, how many pick sixes did Romo throw against the 49'ers?

How many pick sixes did Romo throw against the Redskins?

Funny, the answer to both is zero and yet, you still criticized him.

Double standard?

OMG you were the one wearing the Pink ROMOSEXUAL Jersey at WalMart werent you? I can't believe you are shoveling this on the Cowboys Defense. Yes, they are partly to blame, but ROMO gave up 14 points. Last time I checked, the offense shouldn't have to play defense.

If you paid attention you would have seen Romo dump some also instead of forcing something. It is also interesting about your selective memory on Brees!

BTW why do you feel the need to call people names on here?