Carthage at Center

cotton84

rewatched the game last night on youtube and saw some things that worry me the parts are there but are not working together line is not blocking at time , young quaterback making few mistakes and recievers not catching #### in the hands if they play the rest of season like they did against c hill it would be great and a long run into the playoffs again, but if the play like last week its going to be a rough season. we have the coaching staff to correct it and what they are needing is constant play from everybody

That is an ignorant statement if ever I heard one. Carthage's record is misleading at best. They are much better than their record suggests. Anyone who would count them out at this point in the season must be either ignorant, or stupid. Those are the only explanations I can think of. Oh, wait there is one more: blind and/or deaf.

Bullard has a better record than Carthrage...too much Bulldog hype...they need to start thinking about next year when they will be better situated for a District run.

smile.jpg

That is an ignorant statement if ever I heard one. Carthage's record is misleading at best. They are much better than their record suggests. Anyone who would count them out at this point in the season must be either ignorant, or stupid. Those are the only explanations I can think of. Oh, wait there is one more: blind and/or deaf.

....or a nervous Gilmer fan

Bullard has a better record than Carthrage...too much Bulldog hype...they need to start thinking about next year when they will be better situated for a District run.

smile.jpg

WHO HAVE THEY PLAYED THAT WOULD BE EVEN CONSIDERED COMPETITION WITH WHO CARTHAGE HAS PLAYED.......KEEP DREAMING.......REALITY COMES IN DISTRICT. JUST SAYING :)

WHO HAVE THEY PLAYED THAT WOULD BE EVEN CONSIDERED COMPETITION WITH WHO CARTHAGE HAS PLAYED.......KEEP DREAMING.......REALITY COMES IN DISTRICT. JUST SAYING :)

+1

I'm tickled to death that Bullard has a winning record above .500, but they haven't exactly played the same type of competition that Carthage has.

Last Friday was a rough one here in Center. Henderson has a great team and really took it to us. Carthage should win this one as well, but I am pulling for the purple and gold. Whoever put this schedule together had no idea the level of quality we would be facing, Henderson, Carthage, and Chapel Hill and if we can stay healthy, our team will be ready for district to say the least. Good luck to all on Friday night.

The Bulldogs and Roughriders have been playing each other for a long, long time. Some strange things have happened in this series. Since I have been following it - and that only goes back about 50 years - the unusual occurrences seemed to have all taken place in the games played at Center, which is the site of this week's contest.

Most recently, there was the game that ended with the Bulldogs lining up in the Victory formation with their QB taking a knee. Doesn't sound unusual? Well, Carthage was behind at the time! If Carthage had turned the ball over and given up another score, they would have lost a tie-breaker and failed to make the play-offs (if they were to also lose to Tatum the next week, which they did).

It goes without saying that this game took place before Coach Surratt came to Carthage.

Last Friday was a rough one here in Center. Henderson has a great team and really took it to us. Carthage should win this one as well, but I am pulling for the purple and gold. Whoever put this schedule together had no idea the level of quality we would be facing, Henderson, Carthage, and Chapel Hill and if we can stay healthy, our team will be ready for district to say the least. Good luck to all on Friday night.

Had to of been one of the toughest schedule in 3A. Especially last season where 7 out 10 teams that Center played went to the playoffs. L.K. and Kirbyville were much better. I think Kirbyville lost just about everyone

I have no explanation for Center's poor performance last week or the week before. Inexperience is about all I can come up with. The majority of kids on this team (in case you didn't know, most of our players are juniors) could count the number of times they've gotten beat on one hand before this season started. And I want to say they've only lost to Carthage once since they've been playing. I guess its just a matter of taking their licks and getting better as they go.

They've got an offense that can hang with anybody. Their defense has some soft spots, and I'm sure Surratt and co. will be able to find them. That said, I'm sure Carthage has some soft spots of their own, and hopefully the Riders will be able to exploit those weaknesses.

I'm looking forward to seeing a great game Friday night.

Center sure has a tough predistrict.

You aren't joking. I know both Henderson, Carthage, and Chapel Hill consistantly play tough teams, but so does Center. They just played the 3A DI champs, and this week they got Carthage the DII champs. then they have Chapel Hill, a team that beat Carthage and then lost the Henderson, so in my opinions they are just as good. They might not have gotten the rings, but I think they beat henderson at least one out of every two games. Rusk isn't a great team, but they are a former district opponent of Center's. Linden-Kildare wasn't as good this year, but last year they were as good or better as most of the teams Center played in district, Kirbyville not included, and Arp is good, really good. So yeah Center might be 2-2, but they lost to two really good teams. This is the problem in Center. They lose to the good teams by alot and beat the bad teams really well, but can't seem to win the games when they are evenly matched. Center-CArthage is not one of these games though.

I have no explanation for Center's poor performance last week or the week before. Inexperience is about all I can come up with. The majority of kids on this team (in case you didn't know, most of our players are juniors) could count the number of times they've gotten beat on one hand before this season started. And I want to say they've only lost to Carthage once since they've been playing. I guess its just a matter of taking their licks and getting better as they go.

They've got an offense that can hang with anybody. Their defense has some soft spots, and I'm sure Surratt and co. will be able to find them. That said, I'm sure Carthage has some soft spots of their own, and hopefully the Riders will be able to exploit those weaknesses.

I'm looking forward to seeing a great game Friday night.

I would love to be with you in saying that Center has an offense that can hang with anybody. That simply isn't the truth. They do have a bunch of skill and alot of players that can make big plays, but they haven't been able to get the ball to them the last couple of weeks. The loss of the starting QB hurt them, and not because the backup is bad, but because he simply doesn't fit the offense as well. The type of spread Center runs is based on having a mobile QB, and this kid isn't. If they set up to throw 50 times a game like a Texas Tech offense then he might be alright, 'cause He can throw the ball like a pro when he is feeling it, but its hard to feel it when you are playing the state defending state Champs during your first start. They need to get his confidence up, and then maybe we can say Center's O can hang with anybody. If they can't, then they don't have anyway to move the ball.

see where dwight smith is "no longer with the program" at navarro college. no idea what happened.

He got beat up by one of his own teamates on the campus. He never threw a punch. When campus police arrived he had the guy in a headlock. The teamate that beat him up was the other RB that shared time with him. Navarro has a zero tolerance for that kind of stuff and Dwight and 4 other players were dismissed from the team. It is sad that it happened like that.

I have seen both play--

1) team speed is pretty close

2) strength is no comparison

3) coaching is NO COMPARISON

IMO, if both teams make it to Friday healthy, both teams come ready to play, and both teams play up to their abilities, then I think by the end of the 3rd quarter the one who is best at (2) and (3) above will have at least 60 on the scoreboard, maybe 70 if the head coach wants to play his starters that long

Completely agree with your #3