San Augustine vs. Garrison

SAWolfman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK???? I fail to see your point.....my point is this..... Prepare to get owned Garrison will destroy yall.....write it down, take a picture I don t give a what?

The point is that you are going by seeing a score. You have not seen SA play the past few weeks....so your opinion is pointless! Buzz on fly....

And just who have yall played last few weeks??? hmmmm??? NOBODY near the caliber of Garrison Im certain.

and if my opinion was pontless you wouldnt still be bumpin them gums...

No way yall win...this entirethread is whats POINTLESS!!!!

Does not matter who we played, but how we played!

Greezy your just mad that ya'll barely won and got lucky that they missed an extra point ang got turnover happy...but anyways...this will be SA's biggest test so far this season...they have their offense and defense both clicking now...its not perfect but it never will be...SA by a touchdown in the last few minutes of the game

If SA doesn't turn the ball over like they did against Alto, they'll keep it closer than 21 points for sure....

I saw SA for the first time against Joaquin, and I'm telling you, if you don't come ready to play on defense, you'll find yourself down a couple of touchdowns before you can catch your breath.... Three STRONG backs in the backfield for SA, and there is no drop off from one to another....

I like the Wolves chances if they minimize the mistakes and play hard for four quarters....

im not just trying to stir the pot here, but im gonna have to go with garrison by 21 as well. the defensive coordinator at garrison played for coach hubbard (sa's head coach this year), and basically everyone in garrison knows his habits and tendencies. the last time garrison played a team coached by coach hubbard, it was a slaughter. garrison had a coach that had actually coached with coach hubbard when he was in garrison, and the garrison defense was actually calling out the offensive formations when they lined up. they knew exactly what plays they ran out of each formation. as you can imagine, this just completely freaked the offensive kids out.

dont get me wrong, thats been several years ago, but most coaches dont completely change their philosophy of the game. i would expect him to still have the same SFA formation, and run the same plays out of that same formation, maybe with a few extras thrown in over the years. i think this past friday says a lot for garrison as well. they lost by one point to a team that definitely has the potential to make a very deep playoff run this year. and that was losing 3 fumbles if i remember correctly. not that im making excuses- teneha deserved to win. they capitalized on important opportunities, and their coaches did an excellent job preparing their kids for the game.

i still dont think sa can hang if mistakes are at a minimum by garrison. im not saying its gonna be a blowout with sa not even being able to keep it close, but i still think garrison can come out ahead by 3 tds by the end of the game.

I will go with who the Sawboss chooses!

Hayseed I've been licking wounds all weekend from Friday's game and have not put much thought into the game against San Augustine. I congratulate the Tigers on their win, they did what they had to do, when they had to do it. I told my son after the game to let the loss go, that both Goldthwaite and Mart had losses last year and we know where they ended up.

This week vs. San Augustine all of the Bulldogs have to put the Tenaha game behind them and go back to work in practice and prepare for a talented group from San Augustine. The Wolves have played some games of late that have given them a confidence boost and have a coach that knows how to prepare them for Garrison. I worked with Coach Hubbard at Garrison for several seasons and he will have them pumped up when they hit the field. Garrison must take the same physicalness to the field that they did vs. Tenaha and cut down on mistakes. I would like to see us a little more balanced in our offensive approach and use all our weapons to keep the defense honest and not key on the run so much. The Bulldogs will find out who their leaders are this week in practice by the way they prepare themselves and their teammates after a disappointing loss. Give San Augustine and Coach Hubbard credit for saving a sinking ship, but the smart bet is to go with Garrison. It is never a good thing to mess with a Dog that has just been hurt, so the Bulldogs regroup and take the win at home this week. Roll On Dogs!

Hayseed I've been licking wounds all weekend from Friday's game and have not put much thought into the game against San Augustine. I congratulate the Tigers on their win, they did what they had to do, when they had to do it. I told my son after the game to let the loss go, that both Goldthwaite and Mart had losses last year and we know where they ended up.

This week vs. San Augustine all of the Bulldogs have to put the Tenaha game behind them and go back to work in practice and prepare for a talented group from San Augustine. The Wolves have played some games of late that have given them a confidence boost and have a coach that knows how to prepare them for Garrison. I worked with Coach Hubbard at Garrison for several seasons and he will have them pumped up when they hit the field. Garrison must take the same physicalness to the field that they did vs. Tenaha and cut down on mistakes. I would like to see us a little more balanced in our offensive approach and use all our weapons to keep the defense honest and not key on the run so much. The Bulldogs will find out who their leaders are this week in practice by the way they prepare themselves and their teammates after a disappointing loss. Give San Augustine and Coach Hubbard credit for saving a sinking ship, but the smart bet is to go with Garrison. It is never a good thing to mess with a Dog that has just been hurt, so the Bulldogs regroup and take the win at home this week. Roll On Dogs!

id like to see that balanced approcah as well. but after two straight games of having to rely on the passing game at the last minute, id bet the coaches are already on top of it. guess we'll find out this friday!

I saw San Augustine play against Alto earlier in the year and it was obvious then that they had a good team, but one bad quarter cost them the ball game, however i was impressed by how they continued to fight and play hard until the very end of the game. I think this will be a much better game than that but, with that said, I am going to have say Garrison in a close one.

Im going to say that the Tenaha loss got the Bulldogs to open their eyes. (or it better have, coaches and players) Hopefully they will come out this week DETERMINED to win if thats the case and the Bulldogs dont have a turnover riden performance GARRISON by 14+.....

Three reasons Garrison lost last week

1. TURNOVERS

2. TURNOVERS

3. Coaching decisions at the end of the game i.e. Onside kick, and throwing the ball

Garrison is a talented bunch no doubt, and should be picked to win this game. I like what San Augustine has going for them though and it seems like they are playing with confidence right now. I said at the beginning of the year that we would see how good San Augustine was when they played Alto and when they played Garrison. Against Alto they went toe-to-toe with them for 3 quarters. Only problem is 3 quarters won't win you a ball game. SA is going to have to play solid ball for 4 qtrs if they want to win this one.

Just a fun sidefact...San Augustine has not given up any points on the road this year (42-0 @ Bullard vs. Colmesneil and 35-0 @ West Sabine)

Garrison is a talented bunch no doubt, and should be picked to win this game. I like what San Augustine has going for them though and it seems like they are playing with confidence right now. I said at the beginning of the year that we would see how good San Augustine was when they played Alto and when they played Garrison. Against Alto they went toe-to-toe with them for 3 quarters. Only problem is 3 quarters won't win you a ball game. SA is going to have to play solid ball for 4 qtrs if they want to win this one.

Just a fun sidefact...San Augustine has not given up any points on the road this year (42-0 @ Bullard vs. Colmesneil and 35-0 @ West Sabine)

TxFight,

You are correct.... Going to have to play a full 48....

i know rankings are pretty worthless when it comes to picking a winner, but just a fun fact for the garrison fans: in small school 2a (division 2), san augustine is ranked #49 according to maxpreps. winnsboro, who garrison beat by one, is ranked #41 in big school 2a (division 1). again, i know that's worth about diddly, but just to get some sort of comparison, if you put the two schools side by side from that standpoint, winnsboro is not only a bigger school than SA, theyre also ranked a little bit higher in their respective, larger school division.

on the flip side of that, here is a fun fact for the SA fans. according to maxpreps, here is a breakdown of the points scored by quarters for each team:

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final

SA 7.0 8.0 16.0 13.0 35.5

Garrison 2.3 6.3 6.3 14.3 27.0