Good start for Dallas!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no shame in losing to a very good team. So far Dallas has played 4 undefeated teams and split with them. Dallas has proved they are good enough to win.

Spacegolfer, I am a Cowboy hater, but I can tell you one thing, its not the Cowboys winning them, its the Cowboys giving games away (and that is as non-biased as i get). 2-2 is an average start. Better than last year I guess.

All we are going in circles about is a poor offensive performance on the good side of the field. Besides the final drive, there wasn't alot to cheer about besides the win. Congrats, your kicker is good. Let's talk about him over a beer or 13.

the Cowboys will only go in circles as long as Romo is the QB.

i hate it for Romo. i really do. seems like a likeable guy. it's really sad because he could be a great QB but these mistakes and meltdowns will never go away. it started when he fumbled the snap on the FG attempt against Seattle in the playoffs and have done nothing but get worse from there. he can win you alot of games but sadly he will cost you alot too. he's a good fantasy football QB if your league doesn't subtract for turnovers but he's not and never will be a championship QB. yes i hope i have to eat these words one day.

i hate it for Romo. i really do. seems like a likeable guy. it's really sad because he could be a great QB but these mistakes and meltdowns will never go away. it started when he fumbled the snap on the FG attempt against Seattle in the playoffs and have done nothing but get worse from there. he can win you alot of games but sadly he will cost you alot too. he's a good fantasy football QB if your league doesn't subtract for turnovers but he's not and never will be a championship QB. yes i hope i have to eat these words one day.

So I'm guessing you just forget all about his other big wins and other comeback wins?

no i haven't but yet to see any in the playoffs other than Philly.

You see, that's the thing. The knock on Romo was he couldn't win the big game...then he proved that he could.

The knock on Romo then was, he couldn't win a playoff game...then he proved that he could. But yet, I see the above as a response to what he's done and all I can do is just shake my head in disbelief.

On the bright side, I thought the young OL held up pretty well against a good DL. And I thought the DBs did pretty well (considering the size mismatch). Place kicking, punting, and special team play seems pretty solid.

And I don't see how you can ask much more of the defense considering how weak their DBs are.

I do question some of the offensive play selection. It is a little discouraging not to be able to get a 4th & short conversion on an acceptable basis.

On the bright side, I thought the young OL held up pretty well against a good DL. And I thought the DBs did pretty well (considering the size mismatch). Place kicking, punting, and special team play seems pretty solid.

And I don't see how you can ask much more of the defense considering how weak their DBs are.

I do question some of the offensive play selection. It is a little discouraging not to be able to get a 4th & short conversion on an acceptable basis.

I would love to see Dallas with an actual fullback. Someone who can actually lead block for the running backs that we have. Maybe then, we can stop all of the passing on obvious short yardage plays. It's been a failure trying to find a replacement for Darrel Johnston at fullback, the same as it's been a failure trying to find the replacement for Darren Woodson at safety.

Yes, maybe we have been spoiled over the years.

You see, that's the thing. The knock on Romo was he couldn't win the big game...then he proved that he could.

The knock on Romo then was, he couldn't win a playoff game...then he proved that he could. But yet, I see the above as a response to what he's done and all I can do is just shake my head in disbelief.

What "big game" has Romo lead My Cowboys to victory in ?????????? Playoffs are what matters. Romo has not proved himself to be the leader. If your epitome of quarterback perfection is stats, then Dallas has there man. It takes more than stats to lead a team. One playoff game does not cut the mustard for a great quarterback.

well since Romo has won the big game and won A playoff game i guess the only thing he has left to accomplish is getting in the Hall of Fame. how long you guys gonna keep pampering his mistakes. he's not a rookie anymore.

ok Romo has 1 playoff win in what 6 years. 5 maybe. the knock on Romo is his critical mistakes that cost his team the game. we have played 4 games so far. he has blown 2 and lead 2 comebacks. if i do my math right and that continues the Cowboys finish 8-8. will that get you in the playoffs?

if ya'll are content with mediocracy then keep on pampering him. i'm not and have tried over and over to give him the benefit of the doubt even though i've felt all along he is not a championship QB. i will continue to watch Dallas and pull for all their players. i know he will have some great wins but i also know he will choke again. i told my son after the 1st int that i hope this isn't the start of a meltdown. after the 2nd one i told him they will lose even though i was hoping they wouldn't. you could see it coming. a great QB would have stopped the meltdown. Romo can't do that. he is better in bringing them back than hanging onto a lead when things go bad

I would love to see Dallas with an actual fullback. Someone who can actually lead block for the running backs that we have. Maybe then, we can stop all of the passing on obvious short yardage plays. It's been a failure trying to find a replacement for Darrel Johnston at fullback, the same as it's been a failure trying to find the replacement for Darren Woodson at safety.

Yes, maybe we have been spoiled over the years.

and a failure to find a replacement for Troy Aikman

Because they aren't 1-3 or 0-4?

That's right man. They are sitting pretty at 2-2...even if they blew a 24 point lead. Romo was golden in the first half. That's all that matters. Who cares if he had a typical "meltdown" or "blow up" in the second half. He's an elite first half QB...and nothing anybody says here can take that way. I think they should give out 2 MVP awards. A first half MVP and a second half MVP. Romo has the first half locked up. Sheesh....who am I kidding, he's average at best.

That's right man. They are sitting pretty at 2-2...even if they blew a 24 point lead. Romo was golden in the first half. That's all that matters. Who cares if he had a typical "meltdown" or "blow up" in the second half. He's an elite first half QB...and nothing anybody says here can take that way. I think they should give out 2 MVP awards. A first half MVP and a second half MVP. Romo has the first half locked up. Sheesh....who am I kidding, he's average at best.

I would like to thank Romo for my fantasy football win. Those 3 interceptions took off 9 of his 18 points earned for hsi TD throws. In return, those 2 TDs turned into 12 points for my fantasy D. that 21 point swing gave me an 18 point victory. Romo is indeed a great QB ;)